Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Scat Pack Stage 2-3 kits now available

42K views 66 replies 29 participants last post by  Boomer666 
#1 ·
Scat Pack Stage 2-3 Kits Now Available ? Allpar News
Scat Pack Stage 2-3 Kits Now Available

by David Zatz | 2015-06-26 11:24 am EDT

Buyers can now order Mopar Scat Pack 2 and Scat Pak 3 kits; the stage 2 kit comes with a surprise power bonus over the last announcement.

The Stage 2 kit starts with the 5.7 Hemi and provides a special camshaft that works with the components of the Stage 1 kit. It also includes Mopar Performance valve springs, tie bars, pushrods, and all the gaskets, providing a performance upgrade while preserving the factory warranty. Two Scat Pack 2 badges are included.

Scat Pack 2 performance numbers have exceeded the previously announced 30 horsepower, due to extensive optimization by Mopar Performance engineers — boosting performance by as much as 56 horsepower and 30 lb-ft of torque, under SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) J1349 measurements.

This kit is available for the 2011-15 Dodge Challenger and Charger with a list price of $1,895.

The Mopar Scat Pack 3 Performance kit adds new Mopar Performance CNC-ported cylinder heads, high-flow manifolds, and high-flow catalysts, providing 75 more horsepower and 44 lb-ft of torque (over the stock engine).

The kit also includes a gasket set, exhaust manifolds, exhaust adapter, mounting brackets, hardware and two Scat Pack 3 badges; it too maintains the factory warranty, and is available for the same cars, at a list price of $4,495.

Installation of the Scat Pack 2 and Scat Pack 3 kits requires a revised calibration provided by Arrow Racing. The kits are available from dealers.

See less See more
#2 ·
I wonder if the cam is going to give it any lopey idle...and how much the dealer is going to charge to install

Reactions: Superdog
#12 ·
#3 ·
So all in all, the kits bring the 5.7 to 450hp, and 454 lb-ft of torque?

#4 ·
And then if someone were to bolt on a super charger, pretty soon we would be talking some serious power. :):guiness:

#5 ·
So for $8000 before installation costs and probably taxes too, I can make my rt ALMOST equal to a scat pack rt (will probably sound better and so on but let's talk purely performance numbers). So probably $10,000 when all is said and done...personally I would rather have just bought a scar pack or srt at that price point :/. Not saying they won't be sweet performance kits, but the price vs performance considering there is another model up for less than the cost of these packages and offering more power (like I said, not sure about sound or anything aside from the power numbers). Does anyone else share the same view? I love my rt but I think I'd rather go an engine size up than pay for these packages.

#6 ·
Stage 2 self install is a no brainer. Should come factory, RT should been pushing 425 5 years ago! If i still owned a RT at 1895 i'd be all over this. Stage 1 is just a CAI and bigger pipes, easy DIY. Stage 3 is 2600 more for an additional 25HP. No thank you sir. As for adding a SC to this set up, be sure to bring a bucket in your Trunk, so you'll have somewhere to put the parts after you gather them up off the street :thumbsup:

#8 ·
As for adding a SC to this set up, be sure to bring a bucket in your Trunk, so you'll have somewhere to put the parts after you gather them up off the street
People are adding SC's to 5.7's for years and I've yet to hear of one catastrophic failure because of it. Most, if not all, SC manufacturers include a warranty to cover failure.

Reactions: 70barcuda
#9 · (Edited)
Scat Pack Stage 2-3 Kits Now Available ? Allpar News
Scat Pack Stage 2-3 Kits Now Available

by David Zatz | 2015-06-26 11:24 am EDT

Buyers can now order Mopar Scat Pack 2 and Scat Pak 3 kits; the stage 2 kit comes with a surprise power bonus over the last announcement.

The Stage 2 kit starts with the 5.7 Hemi and provides a special camshaft that works with the components of the Stage 1 kit. It also includes Mopar Performance valve springs, tie bars, pushrods, and all the gaskets, providing a performance upgrade while preserving the factory warranty. Two Scat Pack 2 badges are included.

Scat Pack 2 performance numbers have exceeded the previously announced 30 horsepower, due to extensive optimization by Mopar Performance engineers ? boosting performance by as much as 56 horsepower and 30 lb-ft of torque, under SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) J1349 measurements.

This kit is available for the 2011-15 Dodge Challenger and Charger with a list price of $1,895.

The Mopar Scat Pack 3 Performance kit adds new Mopar Performance CNC-ported cylinder heads, high-flow manifolds, and high-flow catalysts, providing 75 more horsepower and 44 lb-ft of torque (over the stock engine).

The kit also includes a gasket set, exhaust manifolds, exhaust adapter, mounting brackets, hardware and two Scat Pack 3 badges; it too maintains the factory warranty, and is available for the same cars, at a list price of $4,495.

Installation of the Scat Pack 2 and Scat Pack 3 kits requires a revised calibration provided by Arrow Racing. The kits are available from dealers.
I have stage 2 and it is no where near 56 hp arrow told me that they are making stage 2 30hp and stage 3 58hp that's what Chrysler told them so David zatz better get your story straight before announcing. The cam on stage 2 is a comp cam 270. My car ran better with an email tune and stock motor

#10 ·
Just so we're clear... SP1 and SP2 together are going to cost $4400 just for PARTS, or ~$6200 for parts and labor (see attached, from my local dealership), and it's just for a total of "up to" 56 HP and 30lbs of torque? Who would do this???

Attachments

#11 ·
I didn't buy scat pack 1. But 2 is worth it if they did give you 56 hp. But it's 30

#13 ·
Funny how they say they are both street legal when they are both off road use only.

FCA also announced two new versions of the Scat Pack performance upgrades for The Dodge Charger sedan and Challenger coupe. Scat pack 2 and 3 ? both street-legal ? add up to 56 and 75 horsepower, respectively. Chrysler expects owners to drag race Scat Pack 2 and 3 cars, but they're also legal to drive on the street.
The parts for Scat Pack 2 will cost $1,895. Kit 3 goes for $4,495. Both are available from authorized Chrysler dealers.

#14 · (Edited)
You can get 30hp for your 5.7 with long tube headers and at custom tune. Exhaust won't void your warranty and you just load your stock tune back before you head to the dealership. OR...Buy a Scat Pack or just go aftermarket. If you go the Scat Pack route you'll have 485hp along with fantastic suspension and brakes!

#17 ·
If one was to get a little creative they could assemble basically the same kit for a lot less, it wouldn't have a warranty of course but probably worth the risk. The SRT exhaust manifolds are pretty common and I've seen plenty for $150, a good set of mid pipes or high flow cats can be found reasonably cheap used as well. As someone mentioned the cam is a comp 270 cam, add your own CAI etc.. and a decent tune and you will be getting there. The stock heads are pretty good so I'd just leave them alone and you should be knocking on the door of about the same amount of HP for a lot less. So while not a particularly cheap package and certainly one that can be pretty much duplicated for a lot less, I'm glad that Chrysler is at least making a bit of an effort, lets hope they keep improving on it. Man I miss the old Direct Connection.

#21 ·
#23 ·
The stages are intended to have the 'starting' pieces from each previous stage for the resulting gains - i.e., you don't install St III alone, as you wouldn't see the gains w/o St II installed (which is the major part of the upgrades - cam, springs, further tuning).

The St I parts have many different options (from aftermarket), but there's the tuning for the PCM that's part of that package as well...

#25 ·
#32 · (Edited)
the only way this makes sense is to do a personal homebrew Stage1, and self install the stage2. forget stage 3. Maybe your in it 2500 at that point. --- Guy walks into a bar, talks to a guy, says, i'll bet you $50 i can pee in a shot glass your holding from 10 ft away, and not get any on you or the floor. takes him up on it, guy pees all over the floor, the other guy and gets some in the glass. Guy holding the shot glass is smiling and laughing, celebrating. He walks over to him smiling, gives him the $50. Other guys says, why are you smiling, i just won $50 from you. He says, yea, but i bet those 2 businessmen over there $200 i could pee all over you, and you'd be happy about it.
Stage 1/2 should be a Emissions certed factory $500 option. :alf:

Reactions: sfmadmax
#33 ·
The Comp 270 may not be as aggressive as the 274 but if you do some research you will see that will the "right tuner" (Taking out the torque management down low) these cam are putting out some great numbers. On YouTube there are two guys that reported 420-430 rwhp without the P/P heads. They had bolt-ons, longtubes and a good tuner.

Arrington has on their customer build site a Power Trip Package with the 270 Comp, P/P Heads and LongTubes putting out 449 rwhp. The 270 also provides good gains down in the lower rpms over stock if it is tuned well. Dyno attached. This is what the 270 is capable of when tuned correctly for power. (With a good set of heads and longtubes)

For those that want more power until the warranty expires and then get a professional tune and not the Arrow junk this combo IMO is a great deal. I wish it had come out before I got the Modern Muscle Custom Grind.

hemi leadsled - It is to bad you did not get before and after dyno's with your purchase just to see the gains from the modified PCM.

Attachments

#34 ·
Just got my pcm back for the 3rd time Don't know what arrow did but it feels like they added 50 hp the car rips thru 1st and second hazing tires. Pulls way harder 3000 rpm to 6000. Throttle response is way better too

#36 ·
Well I spoke to soon. As soon as I put a few miles on it the car runs like ****. Idles now at 900 to 1100 up and down and it still holds rpm when I push in clutch. No more throttle response down low and doesn't pull as Hard. Won't spin tires. The af is 11.5. Arrow tuning abilities are poor. I also had to pay to ship pcm back. I am Going to get a custom tune

#46 ·
+1 from me on what Musclecar wrote, I agree. You can get it down FAR cheaper if you buy the parts and do it yourself. If you are going to tackle the exhaust yourself, you may need a pipe spreader for the new exhaust.. Other than that, your usual ratchet and screwdriver/hammer should work just fine.

#44 ·
Regarding Scat pak stages I think it's pretty sad on dodges part that these cars dis not start out with the same if not more hp compared with the camaros 425, or the mustangs 430hp. I own a 2014 challenger r/t shaker and it's sad to say my sons 2012 mustang gt has more hp than mine. I love my car but I think dodge missed the boat again just like it did back in the 70s when the first challengers were built. I actually owned 3 of them. But for dodge not to build competitive hp from the start and then ask us for 10k more is a rip off especially for around 60hp more so you have a warranty!! I think the challengers styling,rooM and ride are great. But in my opinion not worth 10k more for 60hp that should of been built onto the car in the first place. Just another way to over charge us. It's always been that way and as long as they can get away with they will.

#45 ·
You're looking at from only 1 angle imo....

#1 ,, Everyone has a Ford, Do you want to be like them? Does it really matter if a mustang has 25 more HP? are you looking to road race every mustang you see? Does that 25HP make the seal the deal in a race? Maybe, yes / no / it really depends on the driver. Does the extra 25hp give you that OMG reaction and paste you to your seat harder? No it doesn't.

100hp difference is what does that....

#2 ,, These cars have come a long way since the 70's.
#2 a -- You don't smell like gasoline after driving 2 hours in traffic
#2 b -- When you hit the brakes going 80mph you stop relatively quickly and your car remains straight (as opposed to guessing which way you're going to sway, *Left or Right* and crash ) :p
#2 c -- You're comfortable

#3 ,, I agree with you that you need to pay $$$$ (The SRT) to get to the top of the food chain, it sucks, but it does make the car somewhat more unique and makes it sought after from all. Since you don't see many of them on the road. Yea, it feels like everyone owns one on Challenger Talk, but this forum represents what, (500) active users out of Thousands of challenger owners. The majority of them are not in the SRT.

How many Hellcats have been sold??? 4000??? how many active here and post?? maybe 10-15 (from what I have seen) ...

I think dodge has tried a little, last year we had the SRT Core, which was the 392 without the bells and whistles but still out of my personal financial limits. Then with 2015 The Scat Pack came out and now it's priced more competitvely, at 38K??? (i think) ... The mustang GT 5.0 is 42K??? I believe the 392 has much more power than the 5.0... They know better (ford drivers) not to mess with us :)

#48 ·
Does anyone know why the packages are only for 2011 and up. What is the difference in the 5.7 between 2010 and 2011?
Mike
The PCM - the '11s went to a new controller design for the PCM. Since SP II and III stages require the PCM reprogramming, this is n/a for the '09/'10 years.

The hardware/parts is all interchangeable across the years, but you'd have to use custom tuning on the '09/'10 PCM to make it all work.

Reactions: mikesrtclassic
#57 ·
I've read that you can safely put a tiny (relatively) amount of boost thru a 6.4L, like 6 lbs. I saw a twin turbo kit, 6 lbs of boost, 600 RWP. LOL also a bit over 8 grand...yikes

#58 ·
Those kits and the expected kits from DC have no relationship basically. This thread is from 2015. The original kits were expensive for what the results were...and not very popular

A Guy

#60 ·
This is from a long time ago. I had a Stage 1 PCM I bought from @stevewhite in like 2016 before they discontinued them. These were only for the 5.7L and what you paid for what you got performance wise, dollar for dollar was not good and anything over Stage I you had to live in a non emissions testing area if you wanted to drive the car on the street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.