Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Show off your R/T Engine Bay!

274K views 610 replies 235 participants last post by  vpzyck 
#1 ·
#94 ·

Attachments

#95 · (Edited)
CAI and modded 392 fuel rail covers from Steve White Parts. Orange trim on the raised silver ridges. Next is a catch can and some orange cap covers if I can find an orange set of them.

Stock;

Now. Man the engine bay is screaming for a Speedlogix strut brace paint Header Orange, huh?

#96 · (Edited)
Polished Stainless Engine Bay

And of course a before photo first.

Added a polished aluminum dipstick handle and a Metco Oil breather.

#99 ·
my finished project

Added a set of billet strut covers from Billet Tech and finally installed the aluminum plate I made while in Afghanistan. Loved the airbox from cervinis but the company logo was just to much. Took a bit more than I thought to design and mill. It is a look a wanted and I have to throw out a great thank you to KidDart from the forum for sending me the exact measurements on the airbox center.

Mopar was milled out of billet aluminum with a custom setup. Something different than what is out there........I love it.

RT2011

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Auto part Engine

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Grille

#103 ·
I was fortunate enough to buy this engine cover from a member on here. When I first saw it I was struck by the image and felt that the colors would really bring my engine bay together and it does. The only other item I added on here were the billet caps for the bolts where the shocks are. The picture I posted doesn't really do it justice.

The cover was painted at Inland Empire Autobody and Paint, Inc. in Riverside, CA. The image was copied from a Ronnie James Dio CD cover "Master of the Moon".

Attachments

#106 ·
#115 ·
I couldn't see the bean counters at Dodge sending the car down the assembly line with both. But who knows? I know mine only came with the rod from the factory. My struts were a gift from my wife.

Reactions: marpow
#117 ·
Only MY09 had the prop rods... It was a money saving stunt by Dodge... I got this info from the guys at the factory.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: marpow
#122 ·
Work in progress

Just started painting my engine cover and need to wait a week for the white to cure before I can tape it and do the center piece. I'll be having the wife hand paint the Hemi letters because I don't have steady enough hands for it.

The strut covers are plasti-dipped currently to see if I would like it before I go and put real paint on it. I have solid white on the left and white with dodge stripes on the right.

#134 ·
Hey Locko, I cant speak for any of the painters on these awesome covers but to paint anything Plastic
theres a process. Lightly scuffing the plastic with 3M Scotch-brite pad. a wipe down with acrylic- clean or
pre-clean-o tack rag, spray with an adhesion promoter ( ensures paint adhesion to plastic) tack rag again
base coat color and clear coat.
without the adhesion promoter the paint will peal off eventually.
Products can be obtained through a local paint supply store or
www.automotivetouchup.com

Attachments