Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Show off your R/T Engine Bay!

274K views 610 replies 235 participants last post by  vpzyck 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)

Pretty close to the current setup.

More of a current pic.

#4 ·
Valve covers / coil covers are 3G covers that have been modified.
The fuse box cover, coolant tank cover, and ABS cover are all custom made items.

#6 ·
Very much a work in progress, next will be 3G firewall, half covers and abs cover. Thinking chrome on those

Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Automotive super charger part

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
#27 ·
Where did you find the valve covers and how did you installed them. Looks very nice. Nice looking Challenger that you have.

Reactions: marpow
#9 ·
Still a work in progress. Need Speedlogix strut tower brace, shave the intake manifold (in place maybe? Suggestions?), paint the "345" red and possibly the half covers SY, paint radiator fluid overflow flat black, and SY painted 3G ABS cover and fuse box cover. Will the 3G firewall cover fit with the Speedlogix Brace? :scratchhead:

Attachments

#10 ·
Nothing too crazy here, just trying to clean it up. First pic was end of last summer. Second one is this spring.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

Reactions: chuck01835
#11 ·
Here's mine:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part
Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Automotive engine part

#15 · (Edited)
Mine is still a work in progress but I hope to get some pictures this weekend. ABS cover is painted metal flake black and is in place. The fuse box cover is in place and has the AAR badge on it after being painted metal flake black. The engine cover is currently on the car but needs the center painted metal flake black and then I need to get chrome overlays for it. I also need to apply thinner to a couple places where paint creeped under the masking tape on the HEMI lettering.

Take it easy
Jay

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)

I got the LEDs to blink in alternating stack openings to resemble the engine pulsing. I wired the lights, switch and modulator to the engine cover, with a trailer plug in the back corner of the engine cover. Just pull up to a car show and flip the switch on, and I just unplug the trailer plug it whenever I need to remove the engine cover.

#23 ·
Love that engine cover completely what I'm basing mine off of but in red black and chrome to stick with my color scheme. The LED idea is awesome but I'm not sure if I'll go that far :)

Take it easy
Jay

#19 ·
Very cool lighting rajunz!

Reactions: marpow and rajunz
#33 ·
#29 ·
Reactions: jwomack0328
#30 ·
jonmandude, diggin' the Coyote Duster!

#31 ·
Thanks man. It was a thought process.
The decal is the 440-6 decal from a 1970 RoadRunner. The 440-6 was rated at 375hp

The 5.7L is also rated 376hp when equipped with a 6speed, and the 5.0 Ford engine is nicknamed the "Coyote"

So it all kind of fit