Dodge Challenger Forum banner

So, what's it take?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  RTChallenger13 
#1 ·
Can't do super-charged (or Turbo), so what would be a good package to take my '09 R/T Auto up a notch in HP from stock?
I haven't done anything so far that would mean a whole lot (e.g. removed resonators and straight piped. Removed suitcase muffler and replaced with Flowmasters.) Its a daily driver and I have 59,000.
Performance Chips?
CAI?
Tuner?
Headers?
TB?
T-stat?
etc.

#2 · (Edited)
CAM

Performance Cam is way cheaper than blower. Tunes and exhaust (and combos of, including headers, etc.) are good for 15-30 HP. The next big leap is a CAM. Real power gains come from blowers.

#3 ·
Diablo tune is by far the best bang for your buck.. couple it with an intake and some exhaust upgrades and you'll have no problems at the track.

#6 ·
If you are just doing minor bolt on mods the stock components should have no problem taking the added power. Here's a good article to learn about what power levels will start breaking components on our Hemi cars. What Breaks On 2008 To 2011 Dodge's - Got An

Reactions: RTChallenger13
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.