Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Soon to be R/T owner

4K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Kshion69 
#1 ·
Really excited for my new car or should I say soon to be mine. Test drove the SXT and the R/T plus today. Both cars made me smile, well the RT probably made me smile a bit more.

Got done with the test drive and came in to talk numbers. After a lot of back and forth ended up deciding on one. The dealer didn't have it in on the lot but said I could pick it up tomorrow.

2015 RT Sublime Green
STP
Driver Convenience Group
Sound Group
8.4 uconnect with nav
8 speed auto

Came out about 34k plus TTL and fees.
Is that a good deal? Hope I didn't get taken to the cleaners.

I wanted the B5 but he said they couldn't locate one with the exact options. My 2nd choice was the sublime green. I still am not sure about that color. It does look awesome in all the pics that I have seen. The B5 I think doesn't scream "Ticket" lol
I did have a question about the tires. How does the 245/45ZR20 3 season tire perform in rain? Haven't driven a RWD in ages so just a bit worried.
That's all I can think of for now. I am sure I will have a ton of questions, but the deal isn't done yet, and I am friggin excited as hell right now.

Anything else I should have opted for or gotten the price lowered some more?

See less See more
#2 ·
As long as you're happy with the car, who cares about the deal. Tires will be fine in the rain. Sublime green looks awesome in person! Welcome to challenger ownership. I've had mine for a year and a half and I still go out to the garage and stare at her!

#5 ·
Nice car, it's only money ---------- right.......:smile:

#6 ·
The car seems well optioned, you will love having STP, enjoy!

#12 ·
So turns out the dealership they were getting the car from sold it. Now they are offering me another car but with sunroof. Having read so many sunroof leak stories here i am wary of getting that option. Has the 2015 been fixed for this issues? Plus they want $1600 more now. Hope you guys can chime in quick as i am waiting in the lot.

#14 ·
I personally don't like sunroofs and wouldn't get one. My last car had a sunroof and it had issues closing and opening even with me totally removing all of the old grease and relubing it multiple times. I did not have any leaks though but I hardly ever drove it in the rain and it stayed under the carport or in the garage when it wasn't driven. Remember, anything mechanical and electrical can have problems and it is one thing that can become a problem in the future. Other people love them so you have to decide what you like.

Wayne

#15 ·
Yeah I decided not to get the one with sunroof. Putting in an order now for B5. They said they will honor the price they gave me of 34k with the options I wanted. Now the damn wait. Was hoping to be driving my new car today. Will see how it goes. Thanks again for all your help.

#16 ·
Congrats and enjoy
I wish I was able to find one without ordering....
waiting Sucks

#17 ·
have had a lot of cars with sunroofs (not dodge) never had a problem. If I see a car that is not a convertible without a sunroof I go right on past it.... Too each his own...

#18 ·
Congrats on the new car. Waiting will suck but will be worth it.

I wouldn't worry about driving in the rain. I've had 3 season tires and they're fine in the rain. I've actually driven it in snow and didn't have any problems, I just made sure I was extra cautious.

The only negative about the sunroof is you'll lose some headroom. No biggy if you're not too tall. I'm 6'2" and don't have problems. There will always be horror stories out there on sunroofs, just like there are horror stories out there on engines, transmissions and everything else to do with a car. The vast majority of people don't have problems with them. I never have and haven't known anyone that's had a sunroof problem in the past 15 years. Like anything, you can be unlucky.

#19 ·
I have had 2 sunroofs in my last two Challengers. No issues ever.

At least my last 6 cars prior to that all had sunroofs - no issue there either.

2x Toyota, VW, Land Rover, 2 x Volvo, Honda. Had sunroofs in them all - wouldn't buy a car without one!

Now my big window 58 F100 doesn't have a sun roof but that would be sacrilege!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#20 ·
if the dealer that has the B5 you want in stock is not too far may be worth the drive to go check it out. also talk to a manager where you are buying the car from currently see if they will work something out for you.

when i was looking at my car the only dealer that had what i wanted in stock was about hour & 20 min drive from me. so i went there looked at it, had to have it then when it came down to #'s he wouldn't budge off the price. long story short, i went to the dealer 5 min from my house to order the exact car, sales guy said there is one within 100 miles from here we can get it no problem. ended up getting the car from the dealer close to me a couple days later & saved me $70 a month off the price the original dealer wanted for it.

#21 ·
The only ones that have it in stock are over 13-20hours drive away. I did try to have the manager work something out, but they said they can't because of the distance. The sunroof is not something that I have to have. So to me it is like paying for something I don't want. If I get tired of waiting then I might just get the one with sunroof or get one delivered. Yeah the waiting sucks big time :(

@Brent27 you drove it in snow with the 3 season tires? Also, headroom wouldn't be a problem for me if I get the sunroof. I actually went and sat in one after reading on here about the headroom thing lol

#22 ·
Yeah, i drove it in the snow a few times, also got caught in freezing rain once. It's not the best idea driving around in snowy weather on the three season tires but it's doable if you're cautious and smart about it.

As many cars as I've seen driving around in the winter with bald tires I imagine they look like snow tires in comparison.

I think this year I'm going to buy cheap rims and some blizzaks. My challenger is a daily driver and when I bought the 2014 last June, I didn't catch that it came with 3 season so I had to make due when I figured it out. Luckily I have the opportunity to work from home when I want. My 2015 now has 3 season too, so I'm going to prepare a bit more this winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.