Dodge Challenger Forum banner

3.6 Torque Converter & flywheel

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Knocturnall 
#1 ·
#2 ·
You might shave off 3/10 of your 1/4 mile. More hp you make the better it will work.

#4 ·
The stall converter will allow you to press brake and get the car up to your stall speed. My stock torque converter allowed me to stall my car to 1900 rpm. So higher stall will get you closer to power band and giving you a quicker 60 ft time. So a 3500 stall works by flashing the torque converter close to your launch rpm where it will lock up or engage much like a clutch does in a stick car. I hope this makes sense.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#5 ·
is there anyone that knows of a torque converter for the 3.5l?

#6 ·
Edge performance has torque converters for the 3.5l. That is where I got mine. I don't know that would be a performance enhancement for a stock 3.5 as a gear swap from 2.87 to 3.64 will net more performance gain, but will require a Predator tuner to make the gear change. You can get a pumpkin 3.64 or 3.91 for 150-200 at your local salvage yard. Do a search in v6 section and you will find more info.

#7 ·
Let's bring this topic back to life because the original OP question wasn't answered. I'm looking to buy an stall converter for my 3.6L as well.

#8 · (Edited)
The whole idea of it is to improve your 0-60. The 3.6L blows when it comes to torque, even with a supercharger.
I have narrowed down to where i want to get my torque converter from to FTI ($900) and Edge ($500). I have emailed both and they each said their stall will work with our 3.6Ls.

My V6 peaks at 320 tq @ 4500RPM, the closer i am to that RPM the more torque i will have. Based on my dynos, at 3500RPM i am 270 torque & 190rwhp. Now whether my tires can actually hook that **** is another question.

Reactions: Sandshar
#9 ·
That's great info, now we getting somewhere. So you're indecisive on getting it or not?

#10 ·
Im definitely getting the converter, just not sure where from but im leaning towards Edge because some of the boosted 3.5L's have been running them and have had good results. I also still need to decide on if i want 3200 or 3500 stall. Im really excited about changing the gears to 3.55 and have a new stall in for the summer.

What have you been thinking of doing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.