bigger brake kit? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:05 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
bigger brake kit?

any companies making a bigger brake kit for.our cars? idont care about r/t or srt stuff.

i just want a simple brake upgrade, slightly bigger discs (but not stupid cross drilled or slotted), better calipers and ss lines and at a reasonable price, not 4k for all four cornerd or does it simply not exist?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Put a set of SRT rotors on the front with this kit Serious Metal Fabricators

I LOVE ChallengerTalk.com!
#3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That conversion kit looks very interesting to upgrade the rt front brakes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 09:59 AM

Unfortunately, the expense occurs once you add better calipers to the equation. You can upgrade to R/T brakes and that's relatively "economical", but if you do any kind of brake kit with calipers, you're going to run into big bucks.

We have lots of different options if you need any help. We can do a nice pad, rotor and line upgrade for you if you want to go that route. Or, we can get you the biggest, baddest brakes around!! Call us if you have any questions. 1-888-SPD-LOGX

[CENTER]GALVATRON
2010 TorqStorm Supercharged plum crazy Challenger R/T on 22" VOSSEN CV3 wheels!!
Current 1/4 mile (before supercharger): 12.965@105.61mph bangin' 'n clangin'!!!
#5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:59 AM

I'd recommend looking for a set of dual piston R/T calipers then grab the Serious Metal kit for the 14.2" rotors. The dual piston R/T rotor has 15% more swept area and i extra piston over the SE caliper. You'll end up with increased breaking power but at 1/4 the cost of the big name kits. Your car won't stop as good as an SRT but it will be better than SE and proabably better than the stock R/T.

I just bought a complete R/T take-off brake package from a car headed to SEMA for $250. It included everything off the R/T: all calipers, front and rear rotors (the fronts are the larger 13.6"x1.26", too), pads and brake lines for each corner.

Pauly
His: 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Hers: 2011 Dodge Challenger Rallye

#6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 12:09 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
Unfortunately, the expense occurs once you add better calipers to the equation. You can upgrade to R/T brakes and that's relatively "economical", but if you do any kind of brake kit with calipers, you're going to run into big bucks.

We have lots of different options if you need any help. We can do a nice pad, rotor and line upgrade for you if you want to go that route. Or, we can get you the biggest, baddest brakes around!! Call us if you have any questions. 1-888-SPD-LOGX
any ball parks, or are we talking 3k plus?
#7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:01 AM

I would strongly recommend just upgrading rotors and pads, maybe lines. I installed a set of slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads on my Corolla and I was blown away by the stopping ability. The only downside I ran into is the pads don't last as long. Then again, they suffered 20,000 miles of hard use.

I won't try to stop you from going with bigger brakes, but if you are looking for better performing brakes, this can be had with a rotor and pad change.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

most big brake kits from the aftermarket will be in the $1500 and up price tag. so for all four corners your talking around a $3000 or higher pricetag. you could probalby get up in the $6-10 grand range on the high end.
#9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 10:18 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerPhil View Post
I would strongly recommend just upgrading rotors and pads, maybe lines. I installed a set of slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads on my Corolla and I was blown away by the stopping ability. The only downside I ran into is the pads don't last as long. Then again, they suffered 20,000 miles of hard use.

I won't try to stop you from going with bigger brakes, but if you are looking for better performing brakes, this can be had with a rotor and pad change.
ive heard bad things about slotted rotors is the slots get clogged up with the brake dust, and then they are less effective?
#10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulls_and_sparrows View Post
ive heard bad things about slotted rotors is the slots get clogged up with the brake dust, and then they are less effective?

I've never had any issues with mine. Plus someone better tell SRT, so they get them off the SRT8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode