Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Bought a Challenger

5K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  MoparOhio 
#1 ·
After threating to buy a Challenger for several years I finally did it. I hope to get it tomorrow. It is by dealer trade so they have to go to Indiana to pick it up. B5 Blue SXT Plus with side strip and driver convenience group with Ivory interior. The dealer is going to swap the rims for me because I like the 20" 5 spoke rims that come on the SS and RT over the ones on the car. I already have a 13 Charger R/T with R/T and Super Track Pac so the SXT is just fine for me. My son has a 6 cyl and it seems to have adequate power.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I'm curious: when you say the dealer is going to swap the wheels - is he charging you to do that?

I ask because I want a car with the STP but I do not like the black wheels and would prefer the same size rims in silver that come on the non STP cars.

B5 with the white interior is super, my dealer has an SXT in B5 with the white and it is drop dead beautiful. Congrats on your new car.

#13 · (Edited)
I'm curious: when you say the dealer is going to swap the wheels - is he charging you to do that?

I ask because I want a car with the STP but I do not like the black wheels and would prefer the same size rims in silver that come on the non STP cars.
Tell the dealer you'll buy the car "IF" he swaps the wheels for FREE for you.

Don't ASK.....tell him what you WANT. :grin2:

#10 ·
Congratulations! You will love your B5, it will be quite the attention getter!

#14 ·
The dealer is not charging to swap the wheels. He considers it an even up trade. And he was happy to do it to get the deal. I may have to wait a short time till he gets a car in with the rims I want but they will be swapped at that time. Chrysler should offer more rim choices because not everyone's taste is the same.

#15 ·
It seems odd to me as well that Dodge only offers the stripe in black. I thought the b5 blue with ivory interior and a white stripe would be perfect. My original intention was to have a white stripe made however since this car already has the black stripe I will leave it that way.

#16 ·
You can always change out that black stripe for white in the future if you want. They aren't real hard to put on, and I'm sure you could find a local tint shop to do it for you if you are't up to it.

I totally love a white interior with white stripes. It just looks so clean.

#18 · (Edited)
I picked it up today. I told the dealer not to detail it that I would do it myself. I don't know how long it set on the lot but it sure was dirty. I ended up using a cleaner wax but will schedule in a clay bar session real soon to get the paint clean and get the maximum shine. Both my other vehicles have the 5.7 Hemi but I must say I am amazed at the power this 6 cyl puts out. It quickly calmed my fears of it feeling to slow. I am very pleased. The dealer will switch the rims as soon as he get a car in with them. I hope it is soon.

Also there was a box in the trunk unopened. Naturally I opened it to see what was inside. It was a set of SRT gas and brake peddles. Are they supposed to go with the SXT Plus or did I just get an extra goody?

#20 ·
Dealer should have put those pedals on for you, that is part of their job and the brake is not easy to do. Also I'd leave that Challenger stripe as it is in black, don't think it would look good at all in white although any of the stripe companies could make it for you if like. And on the wheels, the non-STP wheels come with Firestone Firehawks not Goodyear F1's and the Firestones are pretty good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#23 ·
Congrats! I average about 21 mpg driving semi-aggresive each day to and from work and you can't complain about the response time of the 8 speed ZF transmission. I drive an average of 30-40 miles a day and tank up just once a week. It drives like a European sports car which makes it difficult to swap it for the Fusion on Fridays when my husband has off. :p

#25 ·
I rented a STX for a weekend on a recent trip. Ended up driving it more than 1000 miles in two days. Great car, lots of pep. In fact, I've since ordered a SRT, something I'd been thinking about for a couple of years. Nice thing about the STX was the fuel economy combined with a good amount of zipp. Most of my 1000 miles was highway, speeds around 75, and I got 28-29mpg.

#27 ·
Perhaps "sports car" was the crappiest word to use in my description, but it does handle similar to my mom's E-class and many of the more compact cars I drove while in Germany. Just meant to say it handles much better than you'd expect from an approx. 3,800 lb. muscle car.

#33 ·
Nice car... love B5!

Welcome from Columbus!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.