Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Cai + solo catback + tune = car is slower ?!!

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ddeennis 
#1 ·
My car is 2014 v6 challenger i just installed a solo catback exhaust , airaid intake , and diablosport 91 perf tune but the car feels slower than stock and my 0-60 time is slower by 0.5 second

even with the factory tune the car is slower so its either because the intake or the exhaust .

#9 ·
Why would it reset the adaptives on the stock tune but not the custom tune? I was not aware the tunes turned off the adaptives. Not trying to be a jerk, just never heard that before and interested in the "why/how".

#13 ·
I have not reset my adaptive's since last year now, yet with nice driving and flat out racing at the track, the e.t's are the same.

Last years outing (fall)to the track I ran a 14.06 @ 100.38, drove the car many times since then, driving nice many times on some short road trips, then the first race day 4/7-17 roughly 6 months later with very close same DA within 100 ft, I run a 13.97 @ 100.11 of course my first pass was a 14.0x.

Point being that's a long time with no adaptive's reset and with plenty of driving without getting on it.

I know for a fact when I was testing the adaptive's fuse pulling reset at the track, this is what I found. I drove my car nice for well over a month, just granny driving, took the car to the track and made a pass, then came back around and pulled the fuse for 1 minute. Ran the car again down the track, the car SLOWED down well over a tenth and lost mph, one reason was the tranny didn't know what to do on shifting and was all over the map. The car seemed to be trying to figure out what it needs to do.

So the car does feel strange after having the fuse pulled but it also slowed down the car dramatically, the next pass the car felt better and ran closer tot he orginal e.t. and trap and by the next pass I ran the same e.t. and mph.

So in the end, resetting adaptive's has done nothing to improve e.t. or mph and this is coming from some one who looks for the smallest amount of power and really pays attention to what works and don't.

As for you running slower, don't know what to tell you, the items you have listed is the same things I have done and been proven to help the car run faster, I have taken a 15 second factory car brand new to the 13's just with bolt-on's that every person says don't work. So every one thinks I'm full of crap/crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.