Dodge Challenger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

car is going back to stock and im out, boys and girls.

23K views 224 replies 73 participants last post by  Rambit 
#1 ·
so i wanted to say bye to the forum, ive spent so much time on and appreciate what some of you peeps have done and thank the guys that have helped me here.

the speed bug is just to much and im going to pursue that.

im sure some will be curious as to what im going to get *moving to get behind something, to avoid things that are thrown at me* , after seeing the 2013 mustang refresh it has converted me to go that route. The gt with track package gets me 420 hp (top engine technology) 3.73 limited slip gears, 6 piston brakes (and other fun stuff) and the tech. is way ahead of the challenger and i like that, the interior is way better for under 33k and slapping on the brenspeed s/c kit pushes it to 585rwp and 510 tq and will high mid to high 10's all day long. that is just to good for me to pass up.

ive like the stangs but the look was not quite there for me, but the 2013 refresh put me over the edge and being that i pass almost as many challengers as i do mustangs now, the rareity is lossing it edge.

so its been fun and i love my car and the challengers in general.

so thanks for the good times and be on the look out for a bunch of stuff for sale in the coming weeks.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

See less See more
#8 ·
My friend has a gt premium and I drove it last week
Great handling car
Not quite as fast as my modded 392 but def handles better
Im going to be trading in my 392 next summer for a gt500
Got the speed bug and won't be happy till I have a 10 sec street car

#11 ·
so i wanted to say bye to the forum, ive spent so much time on and appreciate what some of you peeps have done and thank the guys that have helped me here.

the speed bug is just to much and im going to pursue that.

im sure some will be curious as to what im going to get *moving to get behind something, to avoid things that are thrown at me* , after seeing the 2013 mustang refresh it has converted me to go that route. The gt with track package gets me 420 hp (top engine technology) 3.73 limited slip gears, 6 piston brakes (and other fun stuff) and the tech. is way ahead of the challenger and i like that, the interior is way better for under 33k and slapping on the brenspeed s/c kit pushes it to 585rwp and 510 tq and will high mid to high 10's all day long. that is just to good for me to pass up.

ive like the stangs but the look was not quite there for me, but the 2013 refresh put me over the edge and being that i pass almost as many challengers as i do mustangs now, the rareity is lossing it edge.

so its been fun and i love my car and the challengers in general.

so thanks for the good times and be on the look out for a bunch of stuff for sale in the coming weeks.

Kinda thinkin the same thing. Used to see Challengers once and awile, now their common as chargers. Gonna get a Gotta Have it green, GT 3.73, brembo pkg., tech pkg., trading in the Infiniti. Good luck and let us know how you like it in a review a few weeks from now.

#13 ·
I tell ya that got to have it green looks better then GWE and the camaro green ...

#20 ·
In YOUR opinion maybe. I personally like the Boss in school bus yellow. The Gotta Have it Green is available on the V6, GT, and Boss 302. The Boss is the way I'd go given a choice because there were only 2 model years produced. I'm looking forward to the Mach 1 when that comes out.
I'll still more than likely end up in a SC Challenger though. A LOT more room and comfort IMO.

Attachments

#14 ·
Mustang is a great performance car and thats what you're gonna get from it. i hate the interior though. my friend rented the 2013 GT convertible and it was very uncomfortable...it was crazy fast though and looks a lot better than the 2010-2012 mustang but still not as sexy as the challenger lol.

sounds beast too!

good luck!

#222 ·
Mustang is a great performance car and thats what you're gonna get from it. i hate the interior though. my friend rented the 2013 GT convertible and it was very uncomfortable...it was crazy fast though and looks a lot better than the 2010-2012 mustang but still not as sexy as the challenger lol.

sounds beast too!

good luck!
It will outperform the Challenger but it won't ride as smooth and comfortable as the Challenger. Watch out for the issues Ford is having with the Mustang manual transmissions made in China.:worried:

#17 ·
Thats going to be my next car. I started to trade my 11 v6 for a 12 rt but I decided if Dodge is going to lock us out of tuning then they dont trust their product enough so I back out after the dealer found my car.

#18 ·
Good luck! I have enjoyed conversing with you.

Go Fast and be safe!
Scott

#21 ·
Well. To each his own I guess. You guys will need to have a 10 second car as ugly as them mustangs are. I like nothing about them and there will always be something faster. I hope your 10 second conversations that you can't prove on the streets makes up for every conversation everytime you step out of the challenger . I guarantee It doesn't. I see way more mustangs then chAllengers daily

#23 ·
super positive, totally respect your opinion though.

however the last 3 days ive counted ive seen more challengers then mustangs, so soon its going to be a wash.

on the test drivr alone i got as many thumbs up and stares as my challenger gets
(which is less and less each day it seems)

#29 ·
Hey, I own stock in both Ford and Fiat so it's a wash as they're both down. Maybe that extra sale with bring ONE of them up lol!:thanks:

#27 ·
I haven't seen one mustang gt500 ony commute to work from massapequa to syosset ny in a year
I see at least 3 challengers a day
Love my car but the gt500s performance can't be matched in its price range
I may keep the challenger for a daily driver though

#31 ·
some of the comments here are disappointing.. why so negative? there are enough people in the world who don't like/hate our Challengers.. it is all a matter of opinion.

Not everyone loves or appreciates the same thing as you.. that's what makes the world interesting.

But since it is all a matter of opinion.. Mustang > Camaro.

Enjoy. Love that "gotta have it green" too...

:)

#32 ·
Completely understand bro! It's been kool talking with you for sure! enjoy the ride man!!

#33 ·
Good luck, I've had older fox body stangs and really liked them. I also seriously considered one in 2010 when shopping for the dodge. Hopefully it meets your expectations :thup:

#36 ·
I'm not going to say goodbye until I see the pics! LOL!
Do what you need to do.....and have fun with it.

Don't sweat the Nay-Sayers....
You shoulda seen the crap we took when the Mrs and I sold both Harley's and bought Victory's! Swear the world came to an end and we got a bad rash or somethin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.