Destroyed by a Honda accord v6? - Page 26 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey, nothing to be ashamed of brother. Those Hondas are light and have close to 300hp in the V6, plus they have more gears. At the end of the day, you drive a really nice looking retro ride that stands out from the crowd. But still, losing sucks. I feel your pain. I got smoked in my tuned G8 by a guy in a wicked diesel F250 with 1000 hp. That was not cool.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,053 Posts
This is still going on? OK, so do you guys think that being smoked by soccer moms in minivans not even racing (while I had the pedal to the floor) in my Crown Vic was fun? You just gotta know your limitations (like a quarter in 9.5). Wouldn't be caught dead in them, but those Japanese V6s sure are peppy!

Last edited by USRWDV8; 11-08-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by USRWDV8 View Post
This is still going on? OK, so do you guys think that being smoked by soccer moms in minivans not even racing (while I had the pedal to the floor) in my Crown Vic was fun? You just gotta know your limitations (like a quarter in 9.5). Wouldn't be caught dead in them, but those Japanese V6s sure are peppy!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:44 PM

post deleted by user

Last edited by 05V6-6speed; 11-17-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:35 AM

I suspect this thread is age based?

When I was 18ish our friends would sometimes race our 135hp 1980's cars for a laugh. As we got older, our cars got faster but we raced them less and less.

I wonder if that is just a matter of age, or if faster cars actually reduce your desire to race them.

I've also lost the desire to bolt things onto my cars. It's usually cheaper to just buy a faster car. Of course, I have more money than I used to and money = fast most of the time.

The SE/SXT is a great car. I'm glad people are enjoying them.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM

I wouldn't lose again..... i was a victim of the throttle lag. floor it and nothing happens. Problem was solved with tune
Old 11-20-2012, 03:13 AM

ok i dont know but mine has been doing pretty well so far and yes i did race a few times in traffic which i will probably get flamed for but here is my results with the 13 rallye redline:

beaten by -
370z (kinda obv)
550i (pretty close though)
corvette z06 i talked with the guy afterwards and we had a good laugh
camaro ss - i though it was a v6 at first so i went for only to see ss badges later on so my fault

now the victory list:
bunch of chevy trucks and ford trucks seem to always want to race me(i live in so cal and every bro wants to show me his truck is fast....its not because i use to own a few myself)
bmw 318ci
bwm 328i
bwm 530i
350z
subaru wrx sti
corrola s
camry
prius lmao yes a dude in a prius was "revving up" at a stop light with his gf in a passenger seat i embarrassed him non the less
a mustang gt
a few v6 mustangs
a few v6 camaros
vw jetta
vw bug
mazda6
a few honda civics and acura integras with fart cans and stickers
and a bronco lol

i think that's it. i always try to pick my battles carefully but sometimes i cant tell what version of a car someone has like the camaro ss case. nonetheless im not that dissapointed with the v6 i though it would be much slower. I do want to drop a supercharged 402 in it maybe in like 10 years
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SDCAfelix View Post
beaten by -
370z (kinda obv)
camaro ss - i though it was a v6 at first so i went for only to see ss badges later on so my fault

now the victory list:
bunch of chevy trucks and ford trucks seem to always want to race me(i live in so cal and every bro wants to show me his truck is fast....its not because i use to own a few myself)
bmw 318ci
bwm 328i
bwm 530i
350z
subaru wrx sti
corrola s
camry
prius lmao yes a dude in a prius was "revving up" at a stop light with his gf in a passenger seat i embarrassed him non the less
a mustang gt
a few v6 mustangs
a few v6 camaros
vw jetta
vw bug
mazda6
and a bronco lol
Considering your car is a 2013 that is a lot of races in a short amount of time. I've been a Challenger owner 2.5 years and I don't think I've had nearly that many encounters.

Be safe.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (7)
Originally Posted by SDCAfelix View Post
ok i dont know but mine has been doing pretty well so far and yes i did race a few times in traffic which i will probably get flamed for but here is my results with the 13 rallye redline:

beaten by -
370z (kinda obv)

now the victory list:
bmw 318ci
bwm 328i
bwm 530i
350z
subaru wrx sti
corrola s
camry
a mustang gt
a few v6 mustangs
a few v6 camaros
vw jetta
vw bug
mazda6
and a bronco lol

i think that's it. i always try to pick my battles carefully but sometimes i cant tell what version of a car someone has like the camaro ss case. nonetheless im not that dissapointed with the v6 i though it would be much slower. I do want to drop a supercharged 402 in it maybe in like 10 years
Yes, street racing is juvenile and unsafe. It's an "age" thing though. I have had my car for a year and a half and have never raced it. Never had anyone rev up their engine on me either.
I hope you don't end up killing an innocent, bystanding family.

2011 SE Rallye, Bright White, 26G Pkg, SRT8 Type Spoiler, K&N drop-in, DRL's, Stealth Splash Guards, 20" Forged Mopar Heritage Classic's, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Modern Muscle Ported Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, 20% Tint, Front License Plate Bracket Delete

Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 AM

I guess i should have made myself a little more clear. At least half of the listed is my friends and we would do it mainly during night time in isolated areas where there is no cars around and we would not race for a long time half a mile at most. Most others would be just random encounters in the evening time when i'm coming back from school around 10pm from intersection to intersection and again no cars around just in the back. Only 2 of these were on a freeway in less than mild traffic and i don't like doing them mainly because nowadays there is cops everywhere and they hide too and last thing i need is a speeding ticket so i usually try to avoid them. So please don't think i am some crazy maniac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.