Dodge Challenger 3.6L Reliability - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 08:41 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the replies so far guys. These high mileages are awesome to hear. I have 12,000 + miles myself and owned it for a year. No issues so far as well. Hopefully it stays that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 PM

I'm at 107k with my 2010 3.5, bought it new in July 2010. Only things I've done is the reg maintenance including the timing belt a few months ago. I still need to change the spark plugs tho.
No problems with anything in the reliability area. I did find out the hard way that this car needs the oil filter cranked on harder that most cars I've owned but that's just a side note.

2010 Deep Water Blue Challenger SE
SRT Replica Alloy Wheels from Discount Tire

Only "mods" are a K&N drop in, a DIY dual exhaust with X-pipe and a
Diablo 91 octane tune and throttle boost turned all the way up
#13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 01:39 PM

Both of my brothers have 2012 Wrangler Unlimited models with the 3.6 Pentastar V6. There was an issue with the 2nd cylinder in the left head failing. This applies to heads that are stamped AA; AB stamped heads were the initial fix, and the AC stamp should the final fix. A ticking sound is the major indicator of a possible failure with the AA heads. Again, this cylinder head issue has been focused on the 2012 JK's with a build date before July 2012.
#14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 01:43 PM

Dodge Challenger 3.6L Reliability

Red are you guys looking into tuning the 3.6? I have a 2013 Wrangler JKU and some on the jeep forums would be all over a tune. I just put 35's on and could use more power !!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 11:43 AM

bought mine new in may of 2011 mechanically ive had one issue and that was a pronounced 'clack' from the rear of the car when put in reverse turns out the axle nuts werent torqued properly (157 ft lbs) tech tightened them to specs prob solved!
#16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:27 PM

I bought mine in January 2012, im the second owner and i had it since 4,700 miles on paper its consider used but for me its almost Brand New im 23 years old this is my first Challenger and close to new vehivle. as of issues i only had about a month or so after i bought it battery dying at that time the did not had the recall so the dealer i got it from blame it on me because i had just install a sound system, it was not after showing them and sitting there for a few mins they batter die in their shop and couldnt figure it out they re charge my battery and i told them from reading in the forums about other challengers getting the same issue which it was either the door handle latch or some problem with the door window sensor since it was rolling the window while raining which it rain pretty bad around that time of the year, they said no recall no issues its new blah blah, so i insisted on it and got nasty with them saying i paid lot of money for this car fix it! i did this because i read another member here said it to their dealer and they fixed it quick lol. so it work they had to order the part since they did not had the paint color in stock mine is a toxic orange pearlcoat love it!. then around june i received a letter of the recall i laughed at it because i already replace it but hey i did it again lol its free didnt had issues but hey it was recall maybe they had a newer version of the ones i replace so why not i did it anyways, since the recall no issues there. second issue was the same as the other member here passenger airbag i had moved my passg. seat and it went off and on, they had to move and relocate the wire harness under the seat and tight it and tuck it better since when you move the seat and gets caught and disconnects while driving no issues since they relocated. another one i been seing when its really cold and freezing is the traction control and trottle body light on my gauge going off when i pass a car it goes off both and gets choke and wont speed up and when i keep my foot in the pedal a second later it speeds back up i am not sure why this happends but they did not saw any codes or know nothing about it, so i warm my car for 5-10mins when i go to work (i work 3rd shift) so its really cold at night and try not to speed or press all the way the pedal to the floor so it wont do it. but it only did it a couple of times and the temperatures where between 24-45 F, any info on this would help , other info i have right now is i have 22,400 miles on it with a aftermarket CAI (weapon-r secret intake), just installed foglamps with HID, soon be converting the headlights to HID too.

Zeus Chally!
2011 Dodge Challenger SE 3.6L V6

Mods:
- Weapon-R CAI
- MOPAR Sequential Tail Lights
- 1500w Kenwood Amp
- 2 Dual 12's Kicker Subs w/ vented box
- Valentine One
- Fog Lamps installed w/ 10,000k HID's bulbs
- 35w Slim Ballast HID Foglights
- Carbon Fiber (inside door handles, center console & stereo cover).
- and more coming soon...

Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/jghdez89...ew=0&flow=grid
#17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM

I've got a 2011 SE I purchased new in Sept. of 2011, and I just hit 37K miles the other day on it.

So far, no issues with the 3.6 engine and drivetrain, and I have been driving it like I stole it right from the day bought it. It has seen many hours in the worse stop & go traffic Dallas has to offer, including I-635 on a Friday afternoon and the Dallas North Tollway on any morning or afternoon.

As an aside, I would just like to go on the record with this: I hate 635 with a passion!!
I hate it for the hell I have had to endure in traffic jams on it throughout the years. If I-635 was a person, I would beat him w/ a 2x4 until he was dead...and then urinate on his dead body and laugh while doing it.

But I digest...

Anyway, I make sure to keep the oil, all filters, etc. changed on or before factory recommended intervals. So I would say that there is no need to worry about these cars' reliability and longevity, even with a more spirited driving approach, when regular maintenance is done within the recommended mileage or date ranges.

Nuke
#18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:35 PM

2010 SXT 3.5L with 24,000km = perfect running condition,no problems
#19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 AM

11K on my 2011 and running like a true champ !!!!!!
#20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM
2LZ

Bought an 11 in Sept 2011, almost 34,000 and zero issues after the door handle recall. Just a pleasure to drive and doesn't use a drop of oil. Like mentioned earlier a couple times, regular maintenance never hurts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode