Dodge Challenger Forum banner

A farewell

7K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  ScatnShake 
#1 ·
Got into an accident yesterday, a bad one. Lost control and went into a ditch, then rolled, everyone involved is okay thankfully, but the car, well you can see the pictures. I'm not gonna get another Challenger, not from fear or anything, that car saved my life and the lives of my best friends, but instead I choose not to out of respect for this car. It got me out of a very dark time in my life, and helped me learn about my passion while meeting many new people. Had it been any other car there wouldn't be any guarantee that we would've even survived the crash. I'll still lurk around the forum, but for now farewell to r, you guys helped me mold my dream car into something great, and I thank you for it.

#3 ·
Haha I wont, I'm not sure what I'll get yet, for now I'm just gonna worry about getting past this, images are on the way, the upload feature on here glitches up for me so ill have to upload it then link it

#4 ·

Reactions: B5Apache2015SRT
#5 ·
WOW! I have been to a lot of vehicle rollovers, they usually end badly for the occupants. Glad you are all OK.

Reactions: RallyeRingo
#6 ·
Yea for the most part we are fine. My best friends girlfriend had it the worst, with broken ribs and a broken femur, but from what i heard her surgery went well, as for me and my friend we got out with just cuts and bruises, but in the end all of us will make it out and will be fine.

#10 ·
I'm so sorry this happenned to you and your friends! I hope your friend's girl friend recovers quickly from her injuries, surgery is always serious. I inspected tens of thousands of wrecked vehicles during my career, and rollovers often had tragic results. Thank goodness for Chrysler's excellent engineering and construction, good luck, and I believe, protection from above. Best wishes for you all!

#11 ·
Glad everyone is alive.

Happens SO SO quickly doesn't it? Not the place here to relate some past experience of mine, but the speed everything happens.....mind boggling to me. To me, the loss of control seemed like slow motion, but the roll seemed like it was over in half a second although it was probably 10 times that.

I'm going to apologize in advance for saying this...but you may want to consult a lawyer or ask your insurance company for some guidance.

No matter how good you know someone, all it takes is a few whispers in someones ear to go see a lawyer and it begins. Not to mention if they have permanent debilitating injuries, they quite likely have a legitimate case.

Again, sorry to bring it up but you never know.

#13 · (Edited)
Wow...glad you survived, that's a bad one!

I got my side stripe on my Challenger Rallye Redline because of your car!

Hope you have fun with whatever you decide to get.

#15 ·
I respect your opinion and make an effort to follow your posts. I usually learn something.

In my mind we don't know the details that would make a case one way or the other. The first thing I thought of is exactly what you just said, but you know, what if he lost control because of another driver, or a deer on the road? I'm not going to say road conditions because in my mind that just means you were driving inappropriately.... If I lose it in a corner in a rainstorm, 100% my fault...simply going too fast for conditions.
We don't know the details and you may be right on, but its up to him and I wouldn't blame him for NOT SAYING much on a public forum when there is very good chance of 7 figure litigation in his future.

#16 · (Edited)
Well that went down the toilet fast.
We don't know what happened. We do know that one of our compatriots here had a terrible accident and that most of us are content with being happy he and is passengers are OK.
To put it nicely, it's in poor taste to try and condemn, blame, scold or otherwise rub salt in his wounds.

#18 ·
Well, I cant just sit back so I'm going to be "that guy" and if folks start hating me for this, well, stand in line...

Please DO NOT post anymore OP. Nothing good can come of anything you say here and may severely hurt you down the road.

Its like blabbing to the cops...RARELY can it ever HELP you, but sure as Hell can HURT you.

Someone has already had major surgery. That costs big money. If that person's life is altered (forever) in a negative way, that costs BIG money.

Maybe the insurance (doesn't matter WHOSE) covered it....guess what, they might want their money back as it would not have been necessary if the accident had not happened, etc etc etc

There is a VERY good chance you are going to be sued. The less you say the better.

Reactions: DJ Hemi
#22 ·
I didn't know you personally since I'm new here but as I read your post, I feel sad for what happened and, at the same time, thankful that no one was badly hurt. What encourages me the most is that owning this car helped you through something personal and formative. Regardless of what you drive, you'll always identify it with a turning point in your life. People say that cars are nothing more than objects but, in so many ways, they can be our best friends and protectors. I'm glad this one gave it's life for you.

All the best to you in whatever you do. Never say never! You may end up in one again.

Godspeed.

Reactions: iamawild1
#25 ·
What's everyone down for? That'll buff out easily! :grin2:

#30 ·
Glad all of you are good.....

Good luck on the next wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.