Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Found a supercharger for 3.6L v6. Comments?

24K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  oldman 
#1 ·
I came across a supercharger for the 3.6L V6 engine and Iwas wondering if anyone has had any experience with this one. Comments? Whatabout any other superchargers for this engine?

Any other reccomendations to boost torque?

#2 ·
There is only 1 supercharger thats really used by the 3.6L. It gets ya from 250rwhp to 410rwhp on 8lbs of boost, some people run 10lbs.

The supercharger kits brand isnt allowed to be advertised on the site.

#5 ·
No one knows as these cars are fairly new. The Pentastar is a well built motor, perhaps better built than the Hemi. Because the blower can introduce higher pressures and temps on the dynamic components, metal fatigue and wear could happen at a faster rate. It all depends on how much/often you place the car in high power settings.
It may have no noticeable effect on longevity. I suppose you could guesstimate. Suppose it takes off 15% of service life. Suppose the modern motor is serviced properly and would last 180,000 miles. 15% would be 27,000 less miles. In this scenario you might see 153,000 miles. It's a guess as good as any. Each car and driver will add variables that make each situation different. Buy the "Tsunami" blower.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
That guesstimate sounds accurate enough. Good numbers to know. I live in a metropolitan area so I won't be flooring it too often so hopefully it doesn't wear it down too much although there is a lot of stop and go. What is a blower? Also, I looked up "tsunami" to see a list of products but I couldn't really find it.

No one knows as these cars are fairly new. The Pentastar is a well built motor, perhaps better built than the Hemi. Because the blower can introduce higher pressures and temps on the dynamic components, metal fatigue and wear could happen at a faster rate. It all depends on how much/often you place the car in high power settings.
It may have no noticeable effect on longevity. I suppose you could guesstimate. Suppose it takes off 15% of service life. Suppose the modern motor is serviced properly and would last 180,000 miles. 15% would be 27,000 less miles. In this scenario you might see 153,000 miles. It's a guess as good as any. Each car and driver will add variables that make each situation different. Buy the "Tsunami" blower.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
ah... well, that makes more sense, I guess. I never saw the advertising (or, attempt at advertising), I guess... just heard about the product in whispered obfuscated tones here after the fact.

#10 ·
Modern Muscle is exactly correct. As far as censorship...this (CT) is not America...it's the internet and a for profit forum and as such they are free to establish whatever rules for their members they deem fit. However, everyone is "free" to exercise the ability to not visit here if they don't agree with the rules.

#13 ·
Demand

Probably not been a big demand for 3.6 Blowers. I suppose SXT owners bought the car to look cool at a fair price. The Tsunami gets very good results.

#15 ·
There is another kit out there that does a twin screw blower, a few thousand more, provides no tuning, and much less hp.

Hard to beat a kit that is giving 150+rwhp for $4800 that includes everything that you would need.

#20 ·
I have one of those Supercharger kits and I'm running 12.9 in the 1/4 mile. stock motor, trans and rear diff. just the kit and a tune.

#22 ·
Vortech V3, its Centrifical and no Meth I have an intercooler.

#26 ·
That's what I thought, a S/C is VERY high on my list of mods.

#28 ·
You are comparing the R/T's crank horsepower to the Supercharger kits actual Rear Wheel Horse Power. There is a large difference between the both. Also keep in mind gas mileage, insurance and what ever modifications you have already done to your SXT.

#33 · (Edited)
So is a SC practical for a daily driver? What kind of fuel mileage will a SC v6 get if the A8 version gets 19 mpg city without it?

How about warranty on a brand new car or even if it's another year before the SC is available for the 2015, what would happen to the remaining warranty. I'm guessing Dodge would try to blame the SC, no?

Thanks for the help, you guys have me thinking now lol

#39 ·
Might be the wrong place to ask this, but you guys seem to know about this stuff and I know absolutely nothing about superchargers. I drove a 3.6 camaro the other day that was supercharged. I didn't notice it being any faster than my 5.7 RT. There was a lot of traffic and never made it over 60 mph. I really expected it to be quicker than my RT. Do they need more rpms to kick in? Or does the challenger have that much more low end torque?

#41 · (Edited)
Knocturnall,
You seem very familiar with these setups on S/C so, I'm guessing it would be easier to get the lower end torques from a combination of lower gear ratio's at the differential and tuning the boost with the S/C. Or am I off in my thoughts?

Not saying that one has to play with the gear ratios when S/C.

I find this a extremely interesting topic for a novice like me.

#46 · (Edited)
I like the 3.64 gears...it is a heavy car, a highstall is better than a gear change but the gear change was sub 100 bucks.

I'm on my 3rd year with the supercharger on a 3.5, been thru 2 teenagers too.... Just got hotgirls a new civic SI with mods of course...., the younger one raced a BRZ last year now is doing a SI. Now the son likes the Challenger as the hot chick pickup machine........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.