Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat intake on a V6?

13K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  15SRTKB 
#1 ·
I keep seeing 6.4 owners adding the Hellcat headlight intake and I know, at the least, all of the other engines have the same airbox. Anyone have any idea if this is a direct swap to a 15 V6? If so, what's needed and what is approximate cost? I think this would be a cool mod and would probably give the car a little more bass in it's voice.

#4 · (Edited)
Having recently decided this would be my first mod for my 15 SXT I purchased the hellcat air box lower and head light tube from Steve White Motors. $88 with shipping. Order to door, 4 days.

It took all of 15 minutes MAX to remove the old air box, headlight cap and install the new parts. 2 tools total, a 8 mm socket and regular flat screw driver.

Moderate amount of 'growl' when on the gas compared with the stock set up.

Overall I am happy with the mod.

Now more research to decide what is next.

#6 · (Edited)
At this point I am still using the stock filter. The Hellcat airbox lower shape allows the uses about 2" more filter on the left side, when standing in front of the car, that was previously blocked by the OEM V6 airbox shape.

IMO if the stock filter flows well enough for a supercharged V8 then it flows well enough for a otherwise stock V6.

#7 ·
I too have a 2015 SXT Plus and was thinking about doing this. Is it really worth doing? I keep going back and forth between a CAI and the hellcat airbox. The only reason I would do it is for the sound, it's obvious that our V6's would not see much of a HP increase, if any at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.