Dodge Challenger Forum banner

how many 3.5L owners still active on CT?

28K views 156 replies 34 participants last post by  Nuke 
#1 ·
Just curious if Nuke and I are the last two LOL :scratchhead:

#13 ·
Yup!
And, I'm just getting started.

Yesterday I finished most of my DIY project of finish up the white & red stripes.
My SE came with stripes ONLY on the top of the hood and trunk.

So, I picked up a 10 inch stripe kit from House of Graphix.
Here is a picture of the front end finished.
I was a little difficult because to the bumper curve, and the fact that the hood stripe narrows as it goes forward.
I won't post a picture of the rear, until I replace a graphic that I got from Fast Decals.
It, just wasn't a very good resolution to use on the rear bumper....for "The Patriot" theme.

#8 ·
Technically, you're part of the 3.6 crowd with your fancy-smancy 2015.

Beginning in 2011, all SE & SXTs had the new 3.6L Pentastar engine, replacing the venerable 3.5L which Dodge had been using for the last 20 years. Having owned a Challenger with both, I will say the 3.6L was a definite improvement. But with a little work, the 3.5L ain't too shabby.

I have not had the opportunity to drive one of the Challengers with the 3.6 and the new 8 speed auto trans, but I have heard very good things about them. The high gears of the 3.6+A5 combo was one of its 'cons' in my opinion, and the A8 trans seemed to have addressed that. So in that respect, it sounds like the A8 trans is a definite improvement.

But you would be better suited to speak to that I would...

#7 ·
Dang, I had no idea there were this many of us still around...I was starting to think we were going to need some sort of "Endangered" status bestowed upon us, but now I see there are at least enough of us that we would only need "Protected" status at best!

#12 ·
I know a lot of people have wondered why they didn't offer the SEs &SXTs with a manual, me included, but after doing a bunch of research on the gear ratios of the various rear ends offered and the gear ratios of the individual gears in the A5 and M6, it was pretty clear (to me anyway) why they didn't want to put an M6 with the V6 - they would have had to use the 3.91 rear-end with it, and doing that would have created a base model car that was sufficiently fun to drive that it would have sold really well and cut into the other trims' sales whose profit margins are higher.

That's borderline conspiracy-theory, I know, but when you look at the numbers of what the 3.6+M6+3.91 combo would have been capable of, there's no other explanation that makes sense...and the only way I'll believe any different is if John Dodge (or whoever runs the company nowadays) gets on here himself to refute my claim!

#17 ·
I have a 2013 hemi 6 spd.First stickshift performance car I have driven since 1987, Didn't think I would like a stick in a challenger as much as I do. It is above any expectations that I had and it is great.and very easy shifting/clutching. I drive 8 to 10 spd trucks every day and thought I would try a 6 spd car. Ilove whoopin on those gears!

#23 ·
Hey guys... Just signed up to the forum.. Driving a 2015 chally v6.

Do any of ya'll have lowered springs installed? I was considering buying but dont know if i should look at eibach or mopar springs?

Would appreciate if anyone could guide me..

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Glad to have you aboard, but two things:

1) see post 8 of this thread: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f38/how-many-3-5l-owners-still-active-ct-460001/#post6235921

2) I did a lowering job on my 2011 SE, and I will say it is definitely the way to go. These cars sit up way too high and a good lowering by an inch or so is just what they need. I didn't use any aftermarket lowering springs, as I went with some SRT springs instead, but in hindsight, the aftermarket lowering springs would have been easier.

There's a lot of folks that have the same question as you have I'm sure, so if you do throw some lowering springs on yours, be sure to measure before and after right heights and post them up here in a new thread.

Nuke

#29 ·
Hmmm...OK so near as I can count there are maybe five or six active 3.5L owners left on CT.

#57 ·
There sure has been a steady trickle of CT members continuing to pipe up and identify themselves as owners of a 3.5L, even after all this time...if I didn't know any better, I might think you were secretly creating new CT member accounts and then posting as those imaginary members in some sort of scheme to consolidate your power, appoint yourself king, and begin ruling this section of the forum with an iron fist.

But that's just crazy talk, right? :sneaky:

I mean, no coup detat has ever really ended well, history has shown us that time and time again...not for anyone involved...not the power-hungry despot seeking absolute power, and definitely not the subjects over which he ends up ruling. :nono:

However, I am nothing if not a realist. So if you do seize power and begin purging those who oppose you, I'll go along and support the dictatorship, for as long as it benefits me. But then again, I'm sure it would just be a matter of time before I too was banned on some trumped up charges and then kicked off the forum for good...so let's just get it over already!!

So whose first? Those pesky 3.6L+A5 troublemakers, or those pampered & spoiled 3.6L+A8 folks? There's a lot of them nowadays, so we'd better divide and conquer :couto:

I'm ready, just give me my marching orders and I'll carry them out!! :ninja: :armed: :rocket:

:bowdown: All hail supreme leader :king: @IDMTfirefighter :king:

(Just remember, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely...so when the UN puts us on trial later for crimes against other MOPAR owners, I'm going to point to that statement as my 'I told you so!")

#31 ·
Not scared or embarrassed. I'm just more of a watcher and learner. I have learned many things off these forums. The biggest problem I have and why I keep my trap shut is some V8ers can be asshats as well as a few of the moderators. I also really enjoy the V6 Dodge Challenger Owners FB page.

#35 ·
It seems to me that those in the V8 crowd that go out of their way to condescend those of us in the V6 crowd, and I do believe they constitute a very small minority BTW, derive their thrill from being able to get our Irish up. And in my experience, the best way to deal with someone of that ilk is to just ignore them.

And the good thing about this forum in particular (well, ONE of the good things), is that when someone can't take a hint and keeps needling, you can count on their "peers" to step in and tell them to knock it off.

That's been my experience anyway...

#32 · (Edited)
Nothing here nearly as bad as the "Z" forum.
I got a warning for posting a link to another MOPAR "Club" locally.

Then, when I posted a name and date of an OKlahoma show this summer last weekend...I GOT BANNED!
BANNED....for posting to let Challenger guys know about a MOPAR event coming up this summer????
WTF???
Those folks are asshats!

#33 · (Edited)
Obviously some things need to be regulated/moderated. Some folks need the boot now and then but some rules can be somewhat draconian and some moderators take their duties a little too seriously. As for your experience, that is a prime example of Barny Fife law and order. Banning someone for posting info in a Dodge Challenger dedicated forum about other Challenger Forums or Mopar events is nuts. It seems contrary to the general purpose of the forum which is to exchange information about everything Challenger. Well anyway getting back to the OP, I still own my 2010 Dodge Challenger SE 3.5l V6 (just under 35,000 original miles on her) and I'm still around.

#34 ·
Obviously some things need to be regulated/moderated. Some folks need the boot now and then but some rules can be somewhat draconian and some moderators take their duties a little too seriously. As for your experience, that is a prime example of Barny Fife law and order. Banning someone for posting info in a Dodge Challenger dedicated forum about other Challenger Forums or Mopar events is nuts. It seems contrary to the general purpose of the forum which is to exchange information about everything Challenger. Well anyway getting back to the OP, I still own my 2010 Dodge Challenger SE 3.5l V6 (just under 35,000 original miles on her) and I'm still around.
Exactly!

#36 ·
Gotta pop in with my 3.5 story:

My wife and I had our daughter in '93 and needed a new ride for her arrival. We took a big chance and bought a first-year 3.5 in a first-year chassis- a 93 Eagle Vision TSi. (if you dont remember the Eagle Vision, it was not a mitsubishi like the Eagle Talon, it was a re-badged Chrysler Concorde/Dodge Intrepid). The first-gen 3.5 was an iron block/aluminum head engine, and the 2nd gen (1998-onward) was aluminum/aluminum, but still basically the same engine and a lot of parts carried over.

We kept that car until about 2008, and put over 250,000 miles on it. The 3.5 was still running perfectly and not using or leaking oil when we sold it. our daughter pretty much grew up riding in the back of that thing... Great engine, and a great car even though it was FWD. The only thing it ever needed was a transmission at about 130,000 miles, but like I said: it was FWD and that goes with the territory. :(

#44 ·
I'm around from time to time...ain't been the same without SS Dodge around

I miss SS Dodge...he was a mountain of information...he basically created an SRT equipped SE minus the 6.1

Reactions: chicagoland
#42 ·
I have respect for all Challenger trim levels. Different trims for different needs/wants. The V6 Challenger is ultimately why I own my 15' SRT. While I was in the Army, I rented a few cars and 2 times the rental company hooked me up with a Challenger (have also rented a charger as well) for a low rate since I was active duty. The V6 was a lot of fun and surprised me with how quick it was for being such a big car. The interior was pretty good, more room than a mustang or camaro. (This was pre-2015 update as well) I had pretty much sworn off ever owning another Dodge car after lots of headaches and $$$ with my 95' Intrepid that I dumpstered before I enlisted in 2010. Then after getting a ride in a friends 14' R/T and seeing the 2015 model updates I knew I had to have one. Love my Challenger! >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.