I. Want. More. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I. Want. More.

Ok so I'm hoping that this first works out:

Looking to walk into the Dodge Dealership on New Years Eve when they are desperate to get rid of the 2012s, and trade in my newly purchased (June 2012) Challenger SXT Plus for a 2012 R/T or R/T plus. I owe around 24500 on the SXT and I'm hoping to have some change from the trade to put towards the R/T and also hoping the last minute incentives will knock some mula off the tag. Looking in the end to spend about 27000 said and done. Doubt that is how it is going to work out but I'm hoping it does.

Now if that doesnt work lol

How in the holy hell can I get some more pep in this V6 step. I changed out the exhausts and filter as most do but what else?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 PM

How much mileage do u have on it?
Radar Red Leather Seats, Sound Group 2, 730N, Power Sunroof, Speedlogix Ram Air Hood, 93 octane tuned, 3.91 Getrag, Solo Mach-X exhaust, Fastman Ported Throttle Body, K&N cold air intake, RazorEdge Strut Brace Front & Rear, R1 concept brake upgrade, 392 Spoiler, Smoked side markers, Chrome delete grill, Mopar splash guards, Mopar ambient lighting kit, Mopar door sills, Mopar bright pedals, Badges
2014 Trailhawk
Fully loaded, no mods yet
Old 11-26-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sandshar View Post
How much mileage do u have on it?
About 6500. I'm assuming on New Years Eve itll be a little over 7000.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Based on the parameters you have provided, your monthly payment will increase. How much more / month are you capable and willing to pay?
08 SRT8 #6077, InTune, AFE CAI, 180 TT, Catch Can, Cabin Air Filter, Speedlogix Strut Brace, Hawk HPS brake pads. Best time of 12.78@109.22
Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (7)
Originally Posted by express_2014 View Post

Looking to walk into the Dodge Dealership on New Years Eve when they are desperate to get rid of the 2012s, and trade in my newly purchased (June 2012) Challenger SXT Plus for a 2012 R/T or R/T plus. I owe around 24500 on the SXT and I'm hoping to have some change from the trade to put towards the R/T and also hoping the last minute incentives will knock some mula off the tag. Looking in the end to spend about 27000 said and done. Doubt that is how it is going to work out but I'm hoping it does.

How in the holy hell can I get some more pep in this V6 step. I changed out the exhausts and filter as most do but what else?!?
You might get the Kelley Blue Book trade in value for your car. It's easy to figure it out at KBB.COM. 27k for a new R/T or R/T plus would be an exceptionally good deal.
Hope it works out for you and be sure to post pics of your new ride.

As for more "pep" there is not a lot you can do. Diablo Sport may come out with a tuner for the 3.6L then you can go with forced induction. Your car could be faster than a stock R/T.

2011 SE Rallye, Bright White, 26G Pkg, SRT8 Type Spoiler, K&N drop-in, DRL's, Stealth Splash Guards, 20" Forged Mopar Heritage Classic's, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Modern Muscle Ported Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, 20% Tint, Front License Plate Bracket Delete

Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM

I would just figure out a way to get an SRT, otherwise you'll just get used to R/T power and want more since you know it's available and mainstream out there. Plus you get all the other goodies.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:11 PM

keep what yah got...pay it off...keep it for a year while still making yourself a car payment...then take your paid off 3.6L challenger and sell it out right for more $$$ than trade and buy a new car or lightly used V8 challenger in a few years with cash.

Don't do a bunch of go fast mods on a car you don't intend to keep as it tends to reduce both sale and trade value.

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"
Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by express_2014 View Post

I've been where you are and I made the trade. The hardest part was finding the right R/T at the right price as there was so much difference between dealerships. In the end I paid less for my R/T (just under $28k) than I did for my SE ($28.5k)..go figure. Granted the SE was a loaded Rallye and the R/T is a 27F but it can be done without losing your shirt. I did write a small check to ease the pain from trading in a 1 year old car but in the end my payment went down simply because interest rates have come down and you can get better rates now.

At the end of the day other peoples advice on something like this ain't worth crap. If you are sure it's worth taking a hit on a car you just bought then this is certainly the best time of year to buy.

I can only speak for myself but I have no regrets.

That's not an insult to my SE because I loved that car. I am just content now, for lack of a better word. Also in answer to the "just save up and buy an SRT" argument, I think that response is often not thought through. Obviously someone deciding between an SE and an R/T is not really in the market for an SRT. Unless you are wealthy an SRT is not a good daily driver as maintaining one isn't cheap (Brembo brakes, expensive low wear tires, gas, synthetic oil, insurance etc...)

The only advice I would give it to shop around. When I was shopping there was thousands of dollars difference for practically the same car between dealerships. Don't trust that they will all be in the same price neighborhood!

Good luck!

2013 RAM 1500 Express Hemi 5.7 Silver
2012 R/T 6-speed Pitch Black
2010 SE TorRed Rallye - gone but not forgotten
Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oddly enough, I saw a base 2010 SE, just like mine on the dealer lot, with 11k for $22,995. I guess they figure if they can get 19-20k then that made out like a bandit.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
willing to bet it is going to be at least 8 grand difference !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.