Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Looking for rims for my 2012 Challenger

11K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  rayspang 
#1 ·
I've had my Chally for a couple years now and looking to put on some new rims & tires. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can find good deals? I'm also not sure what size I should get, thinking either 18s or 20s depending on how it might affect the ride. My Bonnie is black and I'm looking to upgrade to either silver or silver/black rims. Any suggestions, tips. or recommendations would be greatly appreciated ;)

Thanks!!

-Challenger408

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the same stock wheels as you for my 2013. I'm awaiting some 20" wheels and tire combo from Carid.com right now. They have a nice selection, so I would start there. I have no idea how much my ride will be affected in going with 20" wheels, but there is no turning back now for me :wink3:

#4 ·
I have the 20" wheels that came with the Shaker edition I'd like to change. They are silver and black.

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Tire

Reactions: DJ Hemi
#27 ·
That's the plan for mine too, staggered 20s either the grey center MB Old School or grey Boss 338 wheels. That pic looks like 20s in the rear and 18s in the front.

#38 ·
Watch for someone upgrading their OEM wheels to after market.
If you are comparing replica wheels to OEM, consider:
Do they have the hub centric center?
Do they weigh more?
Is the finish to the same spec?

Weight especially. Many after market wheels are substantially heavier and will degrade ride and performance. There are also lighter stronger forged after market performance wheels at premium prices.

#40 ·
Got tired of the chrome clads on my 2011 RT and liked the wheels on the new SRTs so I found something close in Axis Model 2 wheels (20x9, 15mm offset). Fitted them with 275r40 Firestone Firehawks all around (so I could rotate them). Look great (I think) and ride great too.

Attachments

#42 ·
Reactions: raceheart77
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.