Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Lower Hellcat Intake Box Mod For 3.6L Challengers

11K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  djpiezo 
#1 ·
Thanks to Speedlogix & Mikey & Yo-El For the info about the hellcat lower intake box I decided to take a chance and do it myself and for the 3.6l challengers
My car is currently in the shop but I will get it back Saturday and I will go ahead with the step by step procedures on how to make this lower intake box work for us 3.6l out there
Audio equipment Electronics Subwoofer Loudspeaker Technology

I also purchased the functional hoods scoops as well

See less See more
#6 ·
Okay I got started on it as soon as I got my car back from the shop I took off the original lower intake and installed the hellcat lower intake
The hellcat box is bigger than the original 3.6l lower intake box
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car

Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Bumper Wheel

This shot is through the hellcat Headlamp Hole I was trying to figure out how to Route It somewhere for fresh air

Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Car Grille

Here's the hellcat installed with my K&N drop in filter

Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

Grille Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Car

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine

Multiple angles of how flat it sits on the hellcat lower intake box

I didn't get a chance to go to Home Depot yet or lowes I will get back to that Tommrow but I did get a chance to take it out.my intake doesn't sound aggressive but the exhaust really opens up big time more updates will come Tommrow

#7 ·
Muffler Shoe Plastic

I had to go back and revise a plan on how to use the hellcat lower intake headlight hole so I went to a local auto store and picked up a 3inch spectre intake tube and it fits perfectly inside the hellcat hole

Gun Floor Wood Shotgun Hand

Here's an example

Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Pipe Muffler

Took the hellcat lower intake back to my car and with the tube fitting be on there I couldn't get it in to fit so I had to assemble it piece by piece when I brought it back to my car and removed the drivers side plastic panel piece and stuffed the inlet tube through a tight opening but it's enough to fit it through with no problem

#11 ·
I can't wait! I just ordered my hellcat box and inlet tube from Steve White Motors this morning along with the 392 chin spoiler. Got a great deal on both with shipping. Thanks for thethread on the hellcat box mod, it will definately help.

#13 ·
Subbed

Subbed for future reference.

I'll be doing this to my Wifes '15 SXT in a couple of months.

Anybody notice any performance enhancements with theirs since doing this?

Better yet - anybody have any exhaust recommendations to go with this?

#15 ·
I have a 2011 Dodge Challenger with functional scoops that's why I used a tube pointed up so the air the comes in will travel down to the tube.15's and up have the hole in headlight I don't.yes I have notice a big difference with this mod I also have 2 dual 40s flow master exhaust,resonator delete,custom tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.