Dodge Challenger Forum banner

LT headers for v6

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Berserk Bear 
#1 ·
I found a set of long tube headers made by stainless works on ebay for 499.99, blew my mind since they are always close to a grand. Waited like a hawk for 10 days and finally won. Today I got them in the mail, let me tell you these things are nice. SW did a great job. Cant wait to install them. Im gonna have them coated first. Should be real nice with my SC set up.

See less See more
#7 ·
Most of the hard core modders have left this forum. Not many with the 3.6 have or can push the limits on them.
Until the 3.6 after market gets better, it will be pretty much "which cold air intake is better". As for long tubes most 3.5 owners wont fork out $1000 to get them...nice find on ebay by the way. there are a few youtube videos from chargers and at least one other challenger owner who put them on. I remember her being very happy with the results to. with a supercharger or turbo you may see some benefits with more flow. unless you can do a dyno before and after it will be hard to show the real improvement. they do sound wicked though....

#3 ·
Oh this thread has nothing to do with removal of air silencer? Im out! :)

Very nice headers, they look like beasts. That will really let your engine breathe easier. Nice Low end power, I wanted to get these but I have 2009 awd 3.5 and supposedly long tubes don't fit. SO I had to go with JBA shorties. Which to me I wouldn't have wasted the money on. Long tubes are where its at. But nonetheless my TIDALWAVE supercharger makes up for it!!!! :)

Nice snag on ebay. I love it when you get a deal on there!! That's great man, Please let us know how your car feels after you get these babies installed.

Would be cool to see a before and after dyno too, but I know that costs around 80-100 bucks for 2-3 pulls.

#5 ·
hmm...looks great and super price...do you have 3.6 or 3.5L?
I was under the impression that aftermarket headers on the pentastar was going to be a no go because of the design

#9 ·
[
hell yea blues, very few guys that wanna do real mods. I will search around if I find a dyno I will do before and after with the LT's. Ive also been talking to inertia....looking at doing a set of cams.
I only have one mod on the car. but it is a real mod. The guys at school all want to check it out, which gets the BF all whowhoed. The BF has a circle track racer, I don't know why the guys want to see a single mod V6:wiggle:

#15 ·
It looks like this forces elimination of the cats, or are you relocating them? It will be interesting to see what kind of improvement they give you.

#16 ·

very good video explaining shorty vs. long tube. Yes you will have to relocate or eliminate the cats, I plan to just relocate them. Like I said it will be a bit before I install these, I wanna get them coated. Im also training for a deployment so my time is short during the week. Thanks guys. Getting ready to order my cams within a few weeks here also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.