New Computer Flash - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Photos: (47)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up New Computer Flash

There is a a new Beta flash for the computer on the 3.6.

After the flash, the engine is supposed to idle much smoother and at a slightly higher rpm (about 100 rpm more). Also, it is supposed to wake up the mid-range rpms, eliminate late shifting problems, as well as a rough (rich) cold start issue.

It's worth checking out at your dealer.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Funny you mention the "rough idle", because mine just started running a little rough over the last month or two (11400 miles).
As for the late shift, I think I know what they mean about that, as one time I wound it out to get through a yellow light and when I let off the gas it practically threw me through the windshield and squealed the tires as they slowed much faster than the car (I "was" belted in). This would have all been prevented if it had just shifted up a little sooner. I'll get it flashed and look for the changes mentioned. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 AM

Back in July just passed I had some maintenance done on the car before I went out of town to get married and the dealer said I was due for a flash upgrade(free of charge) and the guy said it added more rpm, better shift response, gas mileage, my idle is kinda louder, I can roar the engine better than before, and for some reason it added a whine to it. I love the while but I had them re-check it and they said that's normal. Funny thing is that they said they CAN'T tell me where its coming from or why it added a while to the car. I'm fine with it though lol

Last edited by lilchuckie504; 10-07-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 AM

Good info, thanks
Radar Red Leather Seats, Sound Group 2, 730N, Power Sunroof, Speedlogix Ram Air Hood, 93 octane tuned, 3.91 Getrag, Solo Mach-X exhaust, Fastman Ported Throttle Body, K&N cold air intake, Painted Red Functional hood scoops, 392 Spoiler, Front nd Rear cam, Lockpick v5, Mopar splash guards, Mopar ambient lighting kit, Mopar door sills, Mopar bright pedals, Badges
Old 10-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kristop Send a message via Yahoo to Kristop Send a message via Skype™ to Kristop
I took my chally to dealer yesterday for the airbag light issue and the door handle recall, and the service guy told me the beta flash was b.s. and not approved yet. As for my rough idle, it ended up being my cylinder #2 misfiring... So they are replacing it tomorrow. My car only has 17k miles on it, wtf?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:23 AM

So whats the deal, Can I go to the dealer and get this flash or not? Mine does idle not rough but enough for me to notice in the cold weather that it sounds a little off.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 AM

never mind did some research for all those who are interested check your evic menu (hold up button 10 seconds then hold the down button) IF YOU HAVE THIS SOFTWARE YOU HAVE THE TUNE
Software: V9.29
pn: 56046389AD
CAN Bus: VMM1632

Supposedly this update is tagged to certain vins. I'm actually on a business trip so I'll try to score this update at a local dealership in the area

Last edited by b1ackjack; 10-14-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM

Thanks, ill take a look in a few
Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by b1ackjack View Post
never mind did some research for all those who are interested check your evic menu (hold up button 10 seconds then hold the down button) IF YOU HAVE THIS SOFTWARE YOU HAVE THE TUNE
Software: V9.29
pn: 56046389AD
CAN Bus: VMM1632

Supposedly this update is tagged to certain vins. I'm actually on a business trip so I'll try to score this update at a local dealership in the area

funny thing is I was looking for this menu last year when i first got my car and JUST found it Firday after looking at a current video on youtube of someone unlocking it lmao BUT of course i recently got my upgrade in july so guess thats why i "found" it lol

here's the video
Old 10-18-2012, 07:10 AM

Went to a local dealer no luck for my vin, But from recent rumblings Seems tuning is coming out for the 2011+. So heres to us 3.6's hopefully being able to get tuned!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.