Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Owner

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  samlab 
#1 · (Edited)
As of yesterday, I am the proud new owner of a Black 2013 Challenger SXT with 25,000 miles.

Any advice/tips for a new owner? I've never had a Challenger or any car newer than 15 years old before.
I do have a decent understanding of mechanics, I built my '80 Trans Am from the ground up.

Thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
Hahaha Knocturnall...I get the same crap from my lady. Welcome to CT DyingBreed...if I would give any tips I would say ignore the "its not a hemi?" comments...and thoroughly research any mods before putting them on your car. Unfortunately when it comes to the V6 models there is not nearly as much of a selection as there is for the Hemi motors. Enjoy the new car!

Oh...and get a tuner!!! you will be amazed at the difference and it will come in handy if you decide to do other mods later down the road

Reactions: DyingBreed
#9 ·
Congratulations on the car, and welcome to the forum! Regardless of what engine it has I guarantee you will enjoy it. After all, hemi or not these cars are a blast to drive, and they look beautiful just about anywhere.

Reactions: DyingBreed
#11 ·
Hey you guys keep the car exchange the girlfriends. My wife loves the car and the club and the board...so do I wonder if that has something to do with it.

She has been taking the car out now for a few errands.....so she says....I know she has a lead foot...more than me. :notallthere:

#13 ·
Mike welcome to the gang.....your under warranty. My suggestion is this...add a K & N Filter or get a good quality CAI. When that warranty ends do what you like.....

I did and its all good....no reason to have your warranty trashed...also call your insurance company many offer the extended warranty for the life of the car for penny's compared to what you get elsewhere.

#14 ·
@samlab thanks for the advice I will definitely look into the K & N filter and CAI. Hopefully I will get it done before the summer ends. As far as the warranty goes. Do I need to get all my work done by Dodge? Or can I go to my regular mechanic? I don't really know much about cars. But I love my challenger and am trying to learn everything I can about it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#15 ·
Mike.....you could do either...but my advice and what I do is take it to Dodge they have the factory system to code the car and they are familiar with the how too's....take it to the regular guys and they break stuff since they don't know the inner and outers of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.