Dodge Challenger Forum banner

one stop shopping SE exhaust VIDEO thread

193K views 400 replies 109 participants last post by  ONE L COOL J 
#1 · (Edited)
Lets try to compile all our SE exhaust videos in one thread to make searching for our members easier.
Got a modded SE exhaust with a video...post it here
I'll start...

Jones Full Boar Muffler...single exhaust...resonator removed

exterior idle

interior on the road

#89 · (Edited)
I don't have any video's yet but here's a link to my PhotoBucket page which shows the Flowmaster Force II Part No: 817459 cat-back system unpacked:

Pictures by joeyv321 - Photobucket
I realize this post is almost a year old, but did you ever get a video made? If not, are you happy with the exhaust? I am looking at getting the exact same thing. Thanks!

#282 ·
#4 ·
This thread makes sooo much sense! now let's see the vids guys!

:thumbsup:

#5 · (Edited)
RDP custom exhaust, 1 in 2 out borla Stainless muffler and 2 1/2" pipe.

#11 ·
This is a stock R/T auto takeoff , I installed it on my SE. By the way if anyone is interested PM me and I will make you a great deal.

http://youtu.be/bP2IeheU7lE

Looks & sounds great! I'm going to be doing the same to mine. Did you cut the rear fascia or replace it?
Thanks,
John

#6 ·
this was my SE before I traded it off for the RT that I am now driving.

RT auto exhaust system with Dual Magnaflow mufflers/no resonators.

#7 ·
This is the stock exhaust system; a single 2.5 tube to a factory muffler. After the muffler, I split the tail pipe to two 2.25 pipes (created a Y) to twin Magnaflows 4x9x14 to the two exhaust tips (Ractive brand model T-815). Had the valance cut for the tips.
YouTube - mariooliva1973's Channel

#10 ·
This video shows a comparison between stock single exhaust and the custom dual system I put on. The dual uses 2.25 piping, Flowsound X pipe, Super 44 Flowmaster mufflers and no resonators. Hope this helps.

YouTube - 2010 Dodge Challenger 3.5L V6 Dual Flowmaster Super 44 Exhaust
Radelman70,
Your system sounds great. You should submit your video to our Show Us Your Flows contest. We give away prizes every week!

Check out some recent winners:

Brandon Whisler, Dallas, TX

Matthew English, Bellevue, NE

#12 ·
So I guess most of us with the SE models are going with Flowmaster? I want to get exhaust but cant decide on a brand. I really like what the grey chally with the smoked out taillight sounded like. He had true dual flowmasters on his

#16 ·
cut out old exhaust right in front of stock muffler. mag muffler 1 in 2 out, to tips. $240 installed including tips, oh and a plate of bbq for Ghost that masterminded and helped with the install.

#21 ·
I will post pictures of the install this weekend.

A definite performance increase! After the install I reset the ECM (pulled fuse #2) and everyday the power has improved. Better low end torque off the line and mid-range power. The 3.5 V6 will pin you to the seats when downshifting to second (auto-stick) between 2-3k RPMs.

We replaced the rear fascia (also called rear valance) with the duel cutout version purchased at a local Dodge dealer.

It has been seven days since the install and the tone is getting even deeper and more mellow.

Yes ,this is my video, here’s another video of a cold start at idle.

#25 ·
I will post pictures of the install this weekend.

A definite performance increase! After the install I reset the ECM (pulled fuse #2) and everyday the power has improved. Better low end torque off the line and mid-range power. The 3.5 V6 will pin you to the seats when downshifting to second (auto-stick) between 2-3k RPMs.

We replaced the rear fascia (also called rear valance) with the duel cutout version purchased at a local Dodge dealer.

It has been seven days since the install and the tone is getting even deeper and more mellow.

Yes ,this is my video, here’s another video of a cold start at idle.

YouTube - Challenger 3.5 cold start
Congrats on your setup. Sounds badass!
There was one minor correction on your post. It seems you have a Y pipe and not an X-pipe. Unless I'm missing something.
Now the important question... for me at least...
How is it as far as drone? Do you notice any at any particular RPM's?

Also, I just received my SRT stock tips. Are they the same as the R/T tips or any differences in width, etc.

Thanks in advance.

#22 ·
So you only got Flowmaster mufflers? Sorry new to exhaust mods. You didnt get the full cat back did you? How much with install did this cost you?

#23 · (Edited)
Actually, a single Flowmaster Super 44 with a 2.5 inlet and two 2.5 outlets (FLO 9425472). The Cat back kit was significantly more expensive, didn’t have the sound we were looking for and we wanted a stock look with the fascia and tips. Total we spent $550. We bought the fascia at the dealer ($66) and had a body shop install it ($124), got the Flowmaster on e-bay ($63), the R/T tips on ebay ($80) and had a local shop install them.

I had them cut the stock exhaust off 2 inches after the Y pipe, run a straight pipe into the Flowmaster , installed heat tape on the driver’s side of the fuel tank, and run two 2.5 tail pipes out to the tips. We spent a lot of time getting the tips as perfect as possible (1 out of 20 Challengers at a recent car show had perfect tips) even with the fascia and centered in the opening.

#26 ·
Drone/Tips

There is some "drone" between 2,000 and 3,000 RPM's, but it doesn't sound like a rice burner it sounds like a V-8 revving. When in Drive and/or on the highway it's not noticable, unless you are WOT.

In 2010 the tips are the same, the new 2011 SRT has different tips but the same rear valance.

#27 ·
Ive got a 11 se and in the AM she is getting her resonators taken off and where the resonators where is were the two flowmasters are going and then laying down fresh pipe to the tips. Im going to make a video before and after so be ready!!!

#28 ·
Cant wait to hear how it sounds. Which flowmasters are you getting?

#29 ·
well originally i wanted the 10's but it seems kinda like a waste because those are meant for a larger engine so i am going with the 40's ! 6 more hours cant wait!

#30 ·
You got them on yet? Want to hear so bad!

#32 ·
I sure do but my camerea does not do it justice, however i will still be posting them. Let me tell you, this pentastar can make some noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.