Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Question about up-badging

24K views 178 replies 53 participants last post by  Nuke 
#1 ·
Hi everybody I'm brand new to this forum and I bought my first challenger about a week ago...it's a 2014 sxt 3.6 pentastar. The original owner put pinstriping all over the car and put 22" rims on it as well, I think it looks super dope...its supposed to be a rallye redline clone I believe. Anyways, I've always been a fan of up-badging my vehicles and I found these sxt6 emblems that look like the srt8 ones...I also found srt6 emblems that are from the Chrysler crossfire 3.2 supercharged Mercedes engine. Am I a ****** if I put srt6 emblems on my v6 challenger? The sxt6 ones look cool too but srt ones are way cooler in my opinion...but I don't wanna be riding around getting laughed at for claiming to be something that my car is not (even though I'm not intending to) so any feedback would be appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
Hello! Welcome to the forum. Up badging = Dooshbaggery. :wink3:

Reactions: Brewcitygymratt
#5 ·
Don't put SRT6 badges on your V6 Challenger.

Reactions: Brewcitygymratt
#12 ·
Do what you want. We will all know though...... Hell, put Hellcat badges on it if you are going to do it!

Reactions: Indy392
#19 ·
I've been on here long enough to know that most people will tell you that up-badging is a bad idea but you can do what you want with your car. I personally wouldn't do it; it's like putting a Ranger t-shirt on without having gone to Ranger school (maybe that's an extreme example). Also, most car people won't know or care, but for those that do, you would always be explaining yourself. I suspect that you would also feel awkward if you went to a Mopar event knowing that someone's going to figure it out.

#25 ·
I'm a fan of UN badging ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Nuke and RockanRoll
#26 ·
You have a very nice Challenger and I think the SXT6 badges would really compliment the scheme you have going. I would say no to SRT6 badges since it is not in that family like the Crossfire was. Just my opinion.

You will find that a lot of forum members can come across rude and condescending. I would not take much stock in their opinion of your ride. Make it yours and do what makes you happy with it. I use the forum to see if any other member has done something I want to attempt.

#29 ·
"Humor badges" are OK

I've seen Mercedes emblems on "POS junkers" that are not Mercedes cars. I think your car would look great with Camaro "Transformer" Badges. It would cure the naked look.

Do it.....just Do it.

#32 ·
SRT is not a specific model - it is an automotive development group within Chrysler. (Much like Ford's SVT group). If you have SRT-designed parts (engine, cooling system, suspension components, etc), then IMO you have the right to put an SRT badge/sticker somewhere on your car. Kind of like putting a Hurst sticker on when you install a Hurst shifter.

With that said, I don't think you should completely rebadge the entire vehicle to make it appear as if it is a completely different model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.