Supercharged 3.6L Pentastar - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Supercharged 3.6L Pentastar

So i came across, i think the first possible supercharged 3.6L pentastar. It is by RIPP superchargers and they did it on a 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK. Here is a video and i think they have posted couple more realted to that particular jeep.

2011 Challenger SE Bright White
~Reso Delete
~Muffler Delete
~18" Magnaflows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 09:32 PM

Following..
Radar Red Leather Seats, Sound Group 2, 730N, Power Sunroof, Speedlogix Ram Air Hood, 93 octane tuned, 3.91 Getrag, Solo Mach-X exhaust, Fastman Ported Throttle Body, K&N cold air intake, R1 concept brake upgrade, 392 Spoiler, Smoked side markers, Chrome delete grill, Mopar splash guards, Mopar ambient lighting kit, Mopar door sills, Mopar bright pedals, Badges
2014 Trailhawk
Fully loaded, no mods yet
Old 01-01-2013, 02:26 AM

Wondering if they will be makin one for sure......

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-01-2013, 06:34 AM

hmmm very interesting

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Banned

Awesome....but what are the performance gains?
Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 AM

looked at their website...nothing posted about it as of yet...no kits or anything like that being offered
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 AM

The Jeep link was first posted here B&G 3.6 V6 Tune.... How many would be interested??
Originally Posted by skulls_and_sparrows View Post
As for the jeep comment...i can install a turbo and a supercharger on any damn car i want...BUT its the tuning that matters...all a supercharger or turbo does is push more air into the motor and the motor is fine with that...AIR is what it needs to function...so fine they installed a superharger...have they tuned it? What boost are they running? Almost any motor will be fine wih really low levels of boost and alomg with that a modificaton to a car no matter what it is can actually do nothing performance wise unil its tuned properly...

Here...ive been installing this all weekend Attachment 52035

...granted not a challenger at all...but its still a turbo on a car that is not tuned for it and guess what it runs...BUT we are not driving it over 3k and about 25% throttle and he is buildig no boost...so the car is will run and not blow up...enough to drive it...but not mash on it...(we are taking it to the tuner in the morning)

So good for them..they installed a supercharger on a car and it ran...no duh...thats not a surprise...did the ecu learn that there is a s/c on their and change air/fuel ratios to run it well? My guess is a big fat NO...

And honestly i would never install a piece of forced induction equipment on my car amd let the ECU try and tune it...i want some one to look at it and who knows what they are doing tune it properly and get the most out of it possible in the safest way possible...

*edit* i just looked on their site and they do not seem to be selling this kit...thats because they cant tune it, so motors have an almost gaurantee they will blow up and/or the supercharger will make no real difference in power.

Do you have any more links to this building boost and making serious power? Or just them starting it up and not even revving it.

I will say this though its a step in the right direction on a whole for the 3.6 market...so thats awesome!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
09 SE-G 4-SPEED 3:64 Built 08/27/08. The 1st SE to arrive and to be sold in my area. Paid for her with 1 check Oct. 30 2008. 20HP 93 tune, AIRAID 15 HP cold air intake, Fastman Throttle Body, G-Tech. 0-60 6.4 My other cars, 69 Charger and 86 Dodge 600 Turbo. They won't take my Challenger until they pry my cold dead hands from the wheel. My views and opinions are mine alone and do not represent Star Fleet Command or Challengertalk.com.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:40 AM

well OK no links for kits under the Chrysler/Dodge section of their site
Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Banned

Tidalwave is working on a 3.6 set up
Old 01-04-2013, 04:22 PM

I have a dumb question. Does putting a supercharger on your v6 reduce the life span of the engine?
Adding a SC to my 3.6 might be an option for me after i pay it off and i still want to keep the car.
Thanks,
Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.