2010 R/T with Kicker(77KICK31) Question - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 R/T with Kicker(77KICK31) Question

Hello everyone just wanted to say that I am a proud new owner of a 2010 Challenger R/T as of 12-27-2010. This is my first post on the forums, and sorry if this question is a double post. I am pretty sure it has not been covered to my exact question so here it is.

I have the following in my car.

MOPAR KICKER SPEAKERS STAGE I [768]

Premium Sound System
 SOUND GROUP II [ATL]

o Details:
o Hard Disk Drive
o MP3 Player
o CD Changer
o Steering Wheel Controls
o CD Player
o AM/FM Stereo
o Auxiliary Audio Input
o Premium Sound System
o MEDIA CENTER 730N W/NAVIGATION[RER]

From what I have been reading according to this post

Forum on challengertalk

Is I have
This kit includes 77KICK11 front speaker upgrade,77KICK10 rear speaker upgrade and 77KICK30AC amp.

I dont want to add the "Dual Sub" option on dodge's site. I would rather add the 77KICK31(Single Sub, Driver side pocket 200W)

So here is my questions.

1. Since I have the stage one is it plug and play? Meaning no wires to run? Reason I ask if its plug n play is because all the instructions I have read say you insert the new amp between both rear speakers in the empty hole. Is my stage I amps located in the glove box side, and under the steering wheel only, and not the rear deck.
2. If I have to run wires, its not a huge problem, but will this work in a 2010? Reason I ask is because none of the sites I been to say 2010, or do the instructions. Only place that say 2010 is an ebay ad.

UPDATE : Here is a good link for Audio on justforjeeps

Anything else you feel to add would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time to read my help question.

Last edited by Xtreme3881; 12-30-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 PM

The amp you have is under the dash by the steering column, it replaces the factory amp. If you have (or had) sound group II, you have an 8" boston sub in the rear deck. It will need to be removed to add the amp that runs the 10. I "think" the audio signal comes from the plug that is currently running the 8" boston. The power wire has to be run, but it is a complete kit, complete instructions, and the wire runs to the spare tire area and the fuse center so it's easy enough. Instructions are available on kickers website with enough diggin'.

EDIT: yes it will work on a '10
Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 PM

I almost forgot. DON'T buy either kicker sytem! If you have a boston 8" sub in the deck and you spend the money required to do the single 10 upgrade, you will be disappointed. Instead, i'd reccommend this:

Dodge Challenger Stealthbox by JL Audio

Yup it's pricey. But it, combined with a good amp, would kill the kicker stuff, looks real good and no fab skills needed. Others have successfully put a real L7 in the factory single 10 box, but it will require a spacer built and a good amp just like the stealthbox. Kicker themselves state that a real L7 is better, but it needs a better amp with it, and a better amp with the original cheaper 10 is also a waste.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:33 AM

@Boosted Buick

Are you positive I have BA? Reason I ask is on my order form it says I have

MOPAR KICKER SPEAKERS STAGE I [768]

I thought that Kicker was placed in the 2010, and BA in the 2008-2009?

Yes, I agree that the JL audio is really nice, and had a stealth before in another car. I just have to good of a deal to pass up the Single sub kicker box.

Sorry for the late reply, but had some internet trouble yesterday.

Last edited by Xtreme3881; 12-30-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:57 AM

I took your first post to mean that you have an R/T factory equipped with sound group II (boston 7) that has been upgraded to kicker stage I which replaces all the factory front speakers and maybe the factory amp. If It has not been switched out for kicker, it would all be boston. So I guess I need some clarification.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You are correct. Like in my OP, my setup is

-Premium Stereo
-Stage I upgrade
-mygig / NAV / Uconnect
-368watt 8channel amp (77KICK30AC)
-Front Speakers (77KICK11)
-Rear Speakers (77KICK10)
-**Cant find the Part# on the 8inch sub in the deck**

Forgot about my family relative thats a parts manager for dodge. He ran my VIN, and stated I have the 7 speaker setup upgraded with the kicker stage I. He did say that the head unit is still a BA, but the speakers are Kicker

So I guess my final question is this. I have the 7 speaker setup with sub, and according to what I was reading the sub would be on the rear deck. Can I only see this if I tear down the backseat? Cant seem to find it in the trunk, but it could be covered by the deck carpeting? I FOUND MY OWN ANSWER TO THIS

Thanks again "boosted buick" for you patients, and help!

EDIT : I just read this post that you did in another forum
This is the rear deck dismantled. 8" hole in the center is for the "boston 7" 8" paper cone sub. I will speak in tendencies here: All cars have the hole, covered up by a sheet of sound deadener. If you have the base 4 speaker system, you "probably" will NOT have the wiring to run the factory sub. If you have boston 6, you will "probably" have the wiring, but the factory boston 6 amp won't run the sub if you plug it in. Obviously, boston 7 will have a sub in that hole, and the amp by the steering column runs it. If you have the single 10" factory or accessory kicker in the left side of the trunk, this sub hole will be filled with the amp that runs the rear 10", which uses the boston 7 wire to get the audio signal.

I think what you stated above is what I have. So if I buy the corner trunk Kicker sub, my 8inch would get replaced my the new 10inch sub amp. Sorry for all these post, but just trying to clearly understand it. I thought the Premium setup, with the Stage I upgrade was this

Premium Audio Stage 1:
This kit includes 77KICK11 front speaker upgrade,77KICK10 rear speaker upgrade and 77KICK30AC amp.

Last edited by Xtreme3881; 12-30-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 PM

Yup the amp mounts in that 8" hole. I'm sure you could find a way to relocate it and have bith if you want. But unless someone took it out when they did the rear kickers, you have an 8" boston there right now. I guess you could see it from the bottom with the trunk covering removed but it all mounts from the top, getting all that crap apart without scratching it all up was the worst part of the whole thing I did to ours.

Yer welcome. (this is the only part of the car I know and as such I do what I can here.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.