Adding Uconnect to REN radio - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 09:06 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Adding Uconnect to RBZ radio

What exactly do I need to add Uconnect to my Media Center 430? Basically that is the non navigation Media Center.

I have ordered part #82211877 Uconnect module but the instructions only reference the RES, REQ, REN radios.

Now it looks like if you have a RER Media Center with Navigation all you need is a microphone and the RER and REN look very similar.

Additionally does it really need to programmed with the Star Scan?
There have been conflicting post I found in my searches. The MOPAR.com web site there is no mention of a Star scan requirement where they specifically state it is required for adding remote start.

I have a theory that the Star scan only updates the sales codes so these components are under warranty.

I am hoping for responses from anyone who has successfully added this feature.

Thank you!

RED

Last edited by bigredmf; 05-09-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredmf View Post
What exactly do I need to add Uconnect to my Media Center 430? Basically that is the non navigation Media Center.

I have ordered part #82211877 Uconnect module but the instructions only reference the RES, REQ, REN radios.

Now it looks like if you have a RER Media Center with Navigation all you need is a microphone and the RER and REN look very similar.

There have been conflicting post I found in my searches. The MOPAR.com web site there is no mention of a Star scan requirement where they specifically state it is required for adding remote start.

I have a theory that the Star scan only updates the sales codes so these components are under warranty.

Thank you!

RED
I have wanted to do this myself.It seems like no one has done it yet??I still didnt figure it out yet.I think you also need the mirror/microphone and then maybe the dealer has to enable it?I got a price of $400 for everything?Im not gonna pay that on a $1000 stereo!!How much did you pay for the module?Did it come with the wiring?Good luck keep us posted....Doesnt that kit come with the microphone?I thought that kit is for 2007/8 years?

Watch delivery day video w/Bob Frederick. http://www.vimeo.com/10249778

[/url]
Mods:Mopar coilover susp kit,Door sills,hood struts,Challenger trunk mat&floor mats,SS pedal kit.

Last edited by 09Titanium; 04-10-2010 at 10:04 AM.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredmf View Post

Thank you!

RED
If you are ordering a REN radio, you do NOT need the MODULE. The MODULE is allready in the radio. ONLY the REQ and RES require the module.
You will need the harness - Part # 82211868 if you already have the auto dim mirror ( assuming you have ) and auto dim mirror w/ dual microphone part # 55157457AC

I've attached the mirror wiring kit manual. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf K6869552.PDF (1.65 MB, 638 views)

2010 Challenger SXT - Ralleye Pkg - TorRed
Ordered Jan. 14/10 - Built Jan. 26/10
LaSalle, Ontario, Canada.

2012 Challenger R/T - Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Ordered March 19, 2012 - Built March 27, 2012

#4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 12:47 PM

(Thread Starter)
I found the following on a JEEP forum and hope this is accurate. I am not going to shell out for the mirror if I do not have to.

Please let me know if the below is inaccurate.

UConnect Hands Free Bluetooth - All versions of the MyGIG RER navigation radios feature UConnect built-in (a wiring harness is required for operation, see "Upgrading" section below). The non-navigation versions of the MyGIG radio (model REN) do not have UConnect built-in, but will interface with the factory UConnect system, if equipped. UConnect is the exclusive voice-activated, hands-free, in-vehicle communications system. It encourages safe vehicle operation and doesn't compromise driver control. UConnect allows you to dial your wireless phone through simple voice commands. In addition, UConnect mutes your radio before receiving or sending a call, allows you to store up to 32 names and four numbers per name (128 entries) in the system's phonebook, and is flexible enough for an entire family (up to five phones can be linked to the system). UConnect includes Bluetooth technology that enables your wireless phone to connect to your vehicle without wires or a docking station. This leading edge technology will allow you to store your wireless phone anywhere in the vehicle.
The UConnect™ system is fully integrated with the vehicle’s audio system. The radio display will be used for visual prompts from the UConnect™ system such as phone battery status, signal strength, caller ID, and call type. NOTE: Your phone may not support all available UConnect™ features. Refer to your vehicle owner’s manual for UConnect™ system operating instructions.

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System - parts

The above appears to have a pile of info in it I am not vouching for its accuracy.

Thank you!

RED
#5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How can you tell which radio you have? My window sticker says Media Center 430 CD/DVD/HDD. When I press the telephone it says uconnect is not available. Somewhere I have seen a uconnect cord for $99 or $199. I can't remember. Will that make my radio work or is that just for the NAV radios that have uconnect working. Every time I turn on the radio it says uconnect. If I can't get it to work, are they taunting me? If it says it, it should be an upgrade, don't you think?

I have the BEZ radio which is the non NAV MYGIG formerly REN w/o Uconnect working.

Last edited by walnetto; 07-15-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Found radio type
#6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnetto View Post
How can you tell which radio you have? My window sticker says Media Center 430 CD/DVD/HDD. When I press the telephone it says uconnect is not available. Somewhere I have seen a uconnect cord for $99 or $199. I can't remember. Will that make my radio work or is that just for the NAV radios that have uconnect working. Every time I turn on the radio it says uconnect. If I can't get it to work, are the taunting me? If it says it, it should be an upgrade, don't you think?
You have the same radio that i have.It is the REN it doesnt have the uconnect wiring unless you have EVIC witch i dont, so there is no microphone in the mirror.I am so pissed that we dont have the uconnect when it has it right on the radio as a button!!!I assumed it had it when i got the car..it will cost like $400 to convert it unless you get a junkyard mirror?
#7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 02:52 PM

The radio code (RER,REN) is usually in white letters on the lower right face of the radio.The Parts book should list the correct kit.The RER just needs the microphone plugged into the radio.Also the uconnect option code needs to be put into the chrysler system(dealerconnect) and then uploaded into the car.The TIPM (underhood fuse box) needs to be programmed with any added options so they will work.
#8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 03:37 PM

One would think that there would be a mic that could be added in the car that didn't need the mirror? Although, I miss the self dimming mirror that was in my trade (01 Sebring Convert.) Also miss the compass, the trip computer and garage door opener. Guess that is how they keep the SE's so affordable.

2010 Torred SE, 25G, Heated leather, MyGig 430 w/ Sound Group, Sunroof
Mods -Magnaflow 16500 (dual quad tips) - Chrome Clad 20" wheels - Mopar Wheel Caps - Body Color Spoiler - Chrome Fuel Door - Locking Gas Cap - Hood Struts - Functional Hood Scoops - K&N DIF - Mopar Nose Badge - Fender Extensions - RPI Splash Guards - Mopar T-Handle - Stainless Pedal Kit - HomeLink - Hands Free uconnect mic - Lockpick - Boyo rear camera - Relay on plate light - DRL activated - WebElectric Sequential Signals.

Last edited by walnetto; 07-15-2010 at 12:10 AM.
#9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnetto View Post
One would think that there would be a mic that could be added in the car that didn't need the mirror? Although, I miss the self dimming mirror that was in my trade (01 Sebring Convert.) Also mis the compass, the trip computer and garage door opener. Guess that is how they keep the SE's so affordable.
Yes, Chrysler sells just a mic that sticks to the drivers a pillar.The same mic comes in the complete kit if needed.
http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_challe...phone_kit.html

Last edited by Chryslertech; 04-25-2010 at 04:05 PM.
#10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 05:25 PM

So the RER is the radio with the NAV and REN is the radio without the NAV? So this mic is only for the RER radio? The writeup just says RER, REW and REP. What does my REN radio need?

Last edited by walnetto; 04-25-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode