Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Adding uconnect to RES radio - Dual mic mirror

11K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  TIGwelder 
#1 ·
2010 Challenger - RES radio

I've added the uconnect module, the wiring harness for the dual mic mirror and the dual mic mirror.

In the wiring harness for the dual mic mirror I hooked up the power leads and have power going to the mirror ( dim switch toggles light)

The dealer has added the sales code (RSP) for the uconnect kit. They say the uconnect works, but that the mic in the mirror does NOT work and is incompatible. They say I have to add that ugly stand alone mic . So basically they are telling us the the mirror wiring and mirror are not compatible with what we are trying to do.

We previously had an 09 Chally with the same exact RES radio and had the uconnect from the factory complete with the dual mic mirror.

I see there is a code to be removed in the mirror instructions. They haven't done it. (Program Network Configuration... select and remove HFM )

The harness plugs into the mirror. Maybe the mirror is the wrong one?
Part number I have written down here here is 55157457AC

Any Dodge techs or gurus have any suggestions?

Install info with my original part numbers.

-Dual mic mirror - 55157457AC
-Installed wiring kit for dual mic mirror with uconnect 82211868
-Mirror wiring kit power leads spliced into cig lighter for dim feature
-Uconnect module installed behind glove box. 82211877
-Uconnect module plugged into 10 pin socket on RES radio.
-Mirror wiring kit plugged into 10 pin socket on uconnect module.

See less See more
#2 ·
One other note. The mirror when mounted seemed mounted up to high. Like hitting the headliner too high. I just figured they glued the mount to the windshield higher with the basic mirror. Service manager though the same when he first looked at it.

Turns out...

The system says "mic not detected" or "mic not installed"..something to that effect with the mirror connected.

The service manager took all the boxes, the paperwork and the notes I gave him and went to the computer himself. He checked all the parts and said everything looks correct except it looks like they may have sold us the wrong mirror (shhh..I gave them the original part numbers, but they were checked against the VIN ) I also gave them a reference part number of 68020439AB to check.

He said he'll call Chrysler on Monday and would get it working.

Don't get me wrong. I love my dealership and get along great with the service manager and the main parts guy. They treat us good. They just need a push to get motivated sometimes ;)

#3 ·
just so you know, you have the wrong mirror. the challenger dual mic mirror is #68020439AB. it will not hit the overhead console like that LX mirror you are trying to use. the challenger windshield lays down more, thus a different mirror.

i cringe when i seeing people saying that part #55157457AC mirror is the one you need. i wish i could make the world know what the correct part number is before they buy the wrong mirror.

i think your problems is that the mirror you are trying to use already has Uconnect in it and the #68020439AB mirror is only Uconnect ready. does the system work if you just use the stand alone mic? that way you would know if the programming took.

#5 ·
Tony is correct.. The mirror you need is the 68020439AB. The mirror ( which I had initially quoted ) #55157457AC is used for the Caravans and others alike..NOT for the Challenger.
Once you have the correct mirror...all should work.

#4 · (Edited)
I plugged in the stand alone mic for now. I routed it up the right A pillar and onto the bottom of the mirror.

The uconnect works with that mic. I also left the 10 pin harness connected between the uconnect module and wrong mirror, and it didn't seem to care it was still plugged in.

The current (wrong) mirror only has one button on it for the auto dimming feature. No other buttons for uconnect. I guess maybe your saying that on some nav radio you could go directly from the mirror to the radio 10 pin socket with that incorrect mirror?

Hoping they will get the correct mirror and swap them out at no charge.

If I get to keep the wrong mirror, maybe I'll see if it fits in my 08 Charger. I'll figure out the pinout for power and just have an auto dimming mirror, which I don't have now in my Bee

Thanks for the reply

#6 · (Edited)
They asked my girlfriend to stop up at the dealership today. They wanted to make sure they were getting the correct part and to check that the number I gave them, the one from Tony, is correct...which we knew it was :)

They called at 7:45 am and asked her to drive over. I work nights and she went up while I was still sleeping. Didn't even know she was going. They tried one from a car on the lot, but it was sold..so they're ordering the mirror. I appreciate them taking the time to get the correct part.

I asked "what about the ipod cable?" since the 10 pin on the uconnect has the mirror harness in it.

<Girlfriend language> "They said there's a thingy you plug in and it makes more room for stuff"

Google unfortunately doesn't have a "woman->tech talk" translator :scratchhead:

so...this is also an answer I need for my install too

The install in my 08 Charger. I have the following parts:
82211877 uconnect kit for my REQ radio
82212000 Ipod cable.

My 10 pin is already occupied

=========

Edit/Update: Figured out Charger has all the uconnect wiring installed from the factory. Just no module.

As for the challenger, once the new mirror arrives I'll move the mic inputs from the 10 pin to the 22 pin plug. I have the wiring pinout for the 22 pin module plug. That will free up the 10 pin for the ipod cable

Den

#7 ·
Did you ever get the right mirror working on this? My dealer can't even get the RSP sales code to take and I'm wondering if it has anything to do to how I wired this up.

I have the mirror mic powered up and the mic connection is going into the REN. I then have the 10-pin on the uConnect module also plugged into the REN. The small plug on the uConnect is taken by the iPod cable.

#8 ·
I ended up using the standalone mic that came with the harness. The RES only has one 10 pin plug on the back and it's used by the uconnect wiring kit. I disconnected the 10 pin harness going fron unconnect module to the mirror and used the socket on the uconnect module for the ipod cable.

If the sales code isnt added you'll get an error "not equiped" when you hit the uconnect button on RES radio. (don't have REN)

If the sales code IS added and there is no mic detected it will say "mic not detected" but the module will be enabled.

Are they adding the sales code and waiting for the updated file from Chrysler? I know some updates require a new flash to be built for the current VIN, downloaded anfd flashed to vehicle

I would strip it down to the basics first to get it working.
I would first disconnect the ipod cable and don't worry about it until the uconnect module is activated. I would also disconnect the 10 pin mirror cable and start with the stand alone mic connected to the small plug on the wiring kit. Once the module is active test from there

#9 ·
Thanks for the advice. The tech was able to add the sales code, he just couldn't validate it since my connections were off.

I pulled out the auto-dim mic connection from the REN and plugged in the 10-pin connector from the uConnect module. Once I did that and connected the standalone mic I could hear the voice prompts and interact.

I'm going to keep the standalone mic setup for now until I figure out how to get the actual mirror-mic to work. I routed the mic across the headliner and down along with the mirror wiring then stuck it right under the mirror.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.