Blendmount Passport 9500IX - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum
 

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Redleg's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Greatest Country on Earth
Posts: 196
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blendmount Passport 9500IX

Has anybody installed the Passport with the Blendmount kit? I know Blendmount makes a Valentine 1 mount specific to the Challenger SRT8 and am hoping the Passport installs just as cleanly.

I've decided on the Passport 9500ix but would like to see how they are being hardwired into the Challenger SRT8s. Thanks.
__________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009, 04:18 PM
u0104940's Avatar
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal.
Posts: 222
Photos: (5)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I will be looking into this myself. My 9500ix should be here by wednesday.
__________________
When in doubt, Gas it out.


Sold the R/T Auto and bought my SRT8 Stick!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
SHANER's Avatar
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GRAND LAKE,OKLAHOMA
Posts: 713
Photos: (21)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the one for the 8500, and love it. Grabbed power from the power mirror. Works great
Attached Thumbnails
Blendmount Passport 9500IX-029.jpg  
__________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
blackreign66's Avatar
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 105
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blackreign66
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Has anybody installed the Passport with the Blendmount kit? I know Blendmount makes a Valentine 1 mount specific to the Challenger SRT8 and am hoping the Passport installs just as cleanly.

I've decided on the Passport 9500ix but would like to see how they are being hardwired into the Challenger SRT8s. Thanks.
Yes I just installed the blendmount a couple of days ago for my 9500ix. It was a pita to install but well worth the trouble.
__________________

MBRP/CF Pistol Grip/35% Tint/BT Catch Can/Braided CC and CAI Lines/Mopar Door Sills/BC Coilovers/Razor Edge Bumpsteer/StopTech brake lines/JLT CF CAI/180 T-Stat/87mm TB/SLP Underdrive Pulley/Predator/DCX Custom Tune/Eibach camber kit/R1 Concepts Drilled-Slotted Rotors/Satisfied Ceramic Brake Pads/Techco Strut Tower Brace/Red "Go Baby Go" button/Forgeline 3 piece VR3P 20X9-20X10.5 Michelin PS2 255/40/20-295/35/20/Kenwood DNX9140
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 PM
blackreign66's Avatar
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 105
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blackreign66
Oh here is a picture of the mount with 9500ix
Blendmount Passport 9500IX-blendmount.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Redleg's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Greatest Country on Earth
Posts: 196
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by blackreign66 View Post
Oh here is a picture of the mount with 9500ix
Attachment 10616
Man...I love this forum. Thanks for the response.

You say it was a PITA...any reason why specifically? Did you have to modify their mount? I plan on having a shop install and hardwire the detector...so hopefully it won't be too much of a PITA for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2009, 08:18 PM
blackreign66's Avatar
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 105
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blackreign66
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Man...I love this forum. Thanks for the response.

You say it was a PITA...any reason why specifically? Did you have to modify their mount? I plan on having a shop install and hardwire the detector...so hopefully it won't be too much of a PITA for them.
I had a car audio shop install the hardwire for the 9500ix awhile back. The blendmount was a pita because it was difficult to handle the u-joint type bracket and the tiny allen screws with my gargantuan hands . I found it very cumbersome trying to tighten the screws with the supplied allen wrench and the mirror in the way. I didn't have to modify the mount though, it fits perfectly. You can't even see the 9500ix from outside the car because it blends in so well with the rear view mirror. You will be able to adjust the mirror while keeping the radar straight and the gps still has a clear line of sight. Hope this helps

Last edited by blackreign66; 07-20-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Redleg's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Greatest Country on Earth
Posts: 196
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by blackreign66 View Post
I had a car audio shop install the hardwire for the 9500ix awhile back. The blendmount was a pita because it was difficult to handle the u-joint type bracket and the tiny allen screws with my gargantuan hands . I found it very cumbersome trying to tighten the screws with the supplied allen wrench and the mirror in the way. I didn't have to modify the mount though, it fits perfectly. You can't even see the 9500ix from outside the car because it blends in so well with the rear view mirror. You will be able to adjust the mirror while keeping the radar straight and the gps still has a clear line of sight. Hope this helps
Here is a noob question...but even hardwired in...can you easily unplug the Passport for storage? I don't want to leave all this "tech" in plain sight if I'll be parking the car or what not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2009, 11:35 AM
MoparPosterChild's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 482
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What about hardwiring the unit. Doesn't that mean you can't mute it any more? It's a clean looking setup for sure.
________
Ceramic Water Pipe

Last edited by MoparPosterChild; 08-30-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
blackreign66's Avatar
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 105
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blackreign66
Originally Posted by MoparPosterChild View Post
What about hardwiring the unit. Doesn't that mean you can't mute it any more? It's a clean looking setup for sure.

The hardwire cable comes with a mute button. The cable is specifically made for escort radars. You can get either the blue led or red led warning light. It's called an Escort Direct Wire SmartCord.
Amazon.com: Escort Direct Wire SmartCord for Radar and Laser Detectors: Electronics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.