Blendmount Passport 9500IX - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 08:29 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought a 8500 X50 Blue a while back for my wife. It's great. I bought the 9500ix for myself recently, some pretty big differences. Some nice extra features such as speed limit and the gps stuff is awesome. The fact that if I pass a store or a radar sign on the side of the road 3 times, it won't chime anymore when I pass it after that. The redlight camera thing i could do without, but it can always be disabled.

Distance on the 8500 is not bad either, but the 9500 is even better if you can believe it. This thing picks up radar really far, and through objects like buildings and stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
I bought a 8500 X50 Blue a while back for my wife. It's great. I bought the 9500ix for myself recently, some pretty big differences. Some nice extra features such as speed limit and the gps stuff is awesome. The fact that if I pass a store or a radar sign on the side of the road 3 times, it won't chime anymore when I pass it after that. The redlight camera thing i could do without, but it can always be disabled.

Distance on the 8500 is not bad either, but the 9500 is even better if you can believe it. This thing picks up radar really far, and through objects like buildings and stuff.
I don't really get with the speed indicator is for on the 9500? I mean isn't that what the speedo is for?

Good to know the 8500 is a good unit. I've only ever had cheapies and they've worked pretty well so I'm sure I'll really like this one.

Last edited by Speedy!; 07-29-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Has anybody installed the Passport with the Blendmount kit? I know Blendmount makes a Valentine 1 mount specific to the Challenger SRT8 and am hoping the Passport installs just as cleanly.

I've decided on the Passport 9500ix but would like to see how they are being hardwired into the Challenger SRT8s. Thanks.

Yep, all right here...just installed on my SRT8 the other day...

Challenger Blendmount Installation

Challenger Blendmount in stock here..
Challenger Blendmount
Old 06-30-2011, 06:56 PM

Are these illegal in CA? I was thinking about getting one but EVERYTHING is illegal in CA!!!

2011 Challenger R/T auto
Mopar T-Shifter
All Black Drake Fuel Door
Smoked out (black) side marker lights
18% Tints
Stealth splash guards
11' Mopar Slush Mats
Lockpick CHR550 w/License Plate Camera
Volant CAI (switched from LMI Hammer)
Fastman TB standard mod
Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've got an old Passport 8500 that I bought back in 2002, still works and has the phone cord plug, so I could mount it up with the inviscord and blendmount. You guys think she's still good enough to mount up or should I shell out the bucks for the latest and greatest 9500ix?
Mopar T-Handle, Door Sills, Kicker sub and speakers, Chally floor and cargo mats, Mopar CAI, Functional Scoops, BT R/T under hood kit & Catch Can, Mopar Front Tower Strut & Pedals, SRT Chin Spoiler, Sequential Tail Lights, Mopar Remote Start, MB Old School Wheels, Drake Fuel Door, MBRP Exhaust, HID Lights, SRT Suspension, JBA Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, BBK 85mm TB, 180 T-Stat, Hotchkis Sways
Old 07-01-2011, 11:51 AM

No experience with the 8500, but my 9500ix has saved me twice for sure already (paid for itself in 6 months) and has much better range than I remember my last detector having, which would have been purchased around the '00 period. Also, the gps feature (for remembering/learning false positives) on the 9500ix is pretty neat.

Worth noting though re: "invisicord", the powered mirror molex connector for '11 has two additional pins when compared to previous years (?). With these additional pins stuffed into the same size connector, it leaves less room for the "invisicord" pin(s) to slip in there - so, if you have hair, might as well go ahead and shave it, cause you'll pull it out trying to slip that fu*%ing pin in there. It's not impossible, but it's a doozie.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:08 AM

OhSnap...
Theyre legal in Cali. The jammers/shifters arent though. I have had an 8500 for 6 years nad has saved me sooo many times it really isnt funny. If the 9500 Range is really better, it'll be worth it. Taging and Marking your local area's speed traps is a no brainer. Im stuck between the 9500ci and the xi. Huge difference in cost .... but i feel naked without one. Good luck...
Old 07-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (8)
does anyone have any experience with the jammer/shifters?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:09 AM

I had 8500 but now the Redline...range is amazing on this one!
Anyone have problems with Cops if mounted on mirror? In NY if they pull you over for something and feel cranky for the day, they start looking at things like license plate frames, things mounted on windshield and hanging from the mirror. Gotta believe if I hung the Redline from the mirror and got pulled over for something else, they would likely ticket me for the Redline.........NY it's illegal to have anything hanging from your mirror; anything mounted to your windshield (both considered to obstruct view); and illegal to have licencse plate frames or even clear covers that obscure any part of the license plate. Covers are totally illegal.

Last edited by joebxr; 07-05-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:18 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well I just bought the blendmount and the mirror wire tap for my 8500 so I'll see how it turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.