Gauge Cluster Trim - Aluminum - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Photos: (5)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gauge Cluster Trim - Aluminum

Anyone try the Remin (or another brand) gauge cluster trim kit in brushed aluminum (SBA)? Any closeup pics to see if it's molded well? I'm trying to find something that matches the brushed aluminum around the shifter bezel and 6MT knob.

Thanks,
Scott
- BBK 85mm Throttle Body
- Blastin' Bobs Resonator Kit
- Moroso Billet Oil/Air Seperator
- Streeters (18x8) with Pilot HX MXM4s (235/55s & 255/55s)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My wife bought me the Remin RBA (Real Brushed Alum) kit and I was supremely disappointed with it. I didn't get the gauge surround, but the NAV/Climate Control Surround didn't fit properly, didn't cover the entire factory plate, had crooked cuts around the knob cutout, and the two-piece design was poorly executed. One side is aligned well, but the other is crooked. I'm currently working with CARiD to rectify the situation. The simulated brushed aluminum (SBA) may fit/look better as it's molded vinyl, but I'm not impressed overall, and REMIN's response was to paint the factory surround so the gaps didn't show as bad....

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Gauge Cluster Trim - Aluminum-2012-08-05_09-07-37_581.jpg   Gauge Cluster Trim - Aluminum-2012-08-05_09-08-10_619.jpg  

-Randy
2010 R/T Auto
The Challenger doesn't say something about me...
...it says something TO me!!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow...that looks amauter...hope it didn't set you back allot

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"
Old 08-14-2012, 12:03 PM

Wow that looks very poorly made.
OP look into a hydro dipping kit. Its around $100 and will cover your existing trim. They have the brushed aluminum kit available

Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM

Looks like crap, but the I really like the idea of the brushed aluminum against the carbon fiber by the controls.

MECP Advanced Autotech

Audio Mods:
Alarm: Viper 5902
Head Unit: AppRadio 2
Front Stage (Fully Active):
Tweeters: Image Dynamics CD1-Pro Mini Horns
Amplifier: Kicker IX500.4 Bridged
Mid-Bass: Sundown Audio Neo 8"
Amplifier: Kicker IX500.4 Bridged
Processing: JBL MS-8
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by IDMTfirefighter View Post
wow...that looks amauter...hope it didn't set you back allot
I was skeptical in the beginning, but really wanted to spruce up the console area. After getting these parts on, and seeing the skewed fit, I stopped immediately, took photos, and reported the issue to CARiD. It was around $160 for the basic kit, but I wasn't about to install any other parts of the kit until this was cleared up. Parts that fit in more recessed areas might look better, but for the price, fit should not be this bad. Look across the bottom, it doesn't even cover the factory surround. The pictures don't really show how bad the edges are either. I'm certain the vinyl based kits have nicer, beveled/molded edges, but the edges of the Aluminum (and I'm sure other 'real' materials) are rough.
These are no longer installed on my car, and although getting them off was a pain, I couldn't just leave it like that. If it was my fault installing it, I'd take the hit, but you can clearly see how some edges are perfectly aligned, but others are not. I'm not sure what cutting tools they use, parts were all covered in tape to protect the finish while cutting, but the edges of all parts were 'scorched'........fine if it was a laser, not good if it was a precision blade........the edges are obviously crooked and rough to the touch.

Lesson learned.............I'll paint the parts myself before trying another dash kit.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Toxic11 Send a message via AIM to Toxic11
Hell a water jet would have way better cuts than that. I'd be pretty ticked! If the parts fit right, it would look fantastic though!

2011 Toxic Orange

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 AM

Photos: (5)
Thanks for the info, Randy. That's what I was afraid of, edges showing. Such a shame.

I like the subtle color of the OE carbon fiber center console with hints or chrome and brushed aluminum, and want to focus on the instrument cluster, A/C vents, overhead console and steering wheel trim. Maybe I'll try painting the steering wheel trim a "flat graphite" and see how it looks. Maybe paint some masking tape and move it around to test the look.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:04 PM

Glad to help, wouldn't want anyone to get stuck like I did (so far).

If you want to see what it would look like, stop by a local sign shop and have them sell you a couple 1'x2' sheets of vinyl in colors or patterns you like. I'm sure they have a brushed AL look, other 'metal' finishes, as well as every color under the sun. A steady hand and an Xacto knife should be all you need. I'm thinking about trying this myself and will post pictures when I get a chance.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by BrUiRcNeR View Post
Glad to help, wouldn't want anyone to get stuck like I did (so far).

If you want to see what it would look like, stop by a local sign shop and have them sell you a couple 1'x2' sheets of vinyl in colors or patterns you like. I'm sure they have a brushed AL look, other 'metal' finishes, as well as every color under the sun. A steady hand and an Xacto knife should be all you need. I'm thinking about trying this myself and will post pictures when I get a chance.
I did this with carbon fiber vinyl. Looks great and pretty easy to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.