Gauge Cluster Trim - Aluminum - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 05:16 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have radar red interior so I painted my center console and radio surround and want to do the SRT wheel plastic too. Mopar makes orange and several other but no red so I tried to paint it. Very difficult to sand the orange peel around so many curves and small spaces without sanding through. I'm looking for a professional to paint mine red
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 10:43 AM

Photos: (5)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Funny that I wanted to revisit the topic of brushed aluminum or chrome trim for the gauge cluster. So I google the topic and find a link on Challengertalk (that I started). Doesn't seem like there are many options, but I'm still looking for some added aluminum or chrome around. Anyone find an options for synthetic brushed aluminum or chrome that compliments the OE interior of the Challenger? I have the R/T with synthetic carbon fiber (SCF) around the radio, but SBA around the shifter.

Scott
- BBK 85mm Throttle Body
- Blastin' Bobs Resonator Kit
- Moroso Billet Oil/Air Seperator
- Streeters (18x8) with Pilot HX MXM4s (235/55s & 255/55s)

Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM

The SRT aluminum trim was the SE trim in 09 and 10. Has anyone priced it from the dealer? I would think If someone wanted to call Steve White they could give you a price. I am staying put with my trim for now, but have thought about the above changes
and the Mopar Carbon Fiber kit.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:26 AM

I like the SRT aluminum trim around the radio but would like to find something for around the Speedo and tach. Maybe something for the vents. Seems most aftermarket kits leave something to be desired.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:31 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
As a follow up, CarID did give me a full refund on my Remin kit, even though it wasn't possible to return all of the parts........good customer service right there.

I still haven't made any changes to the interior trim, and would still like a brushed AL/Steel finish.

-Randy
2010 R/T Auto
The Challenger doesn't say something about me...
...it says something TO me!!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Premium Member

Photos: (9)
Perhaps you can take a look at this eBay item that advertises an OEM part that apprears to be what you're in the market for......

Satin Dash Bezel for Dodge Challenger Factory New 68149200AA 2009 2012 | eBay

In addition to this bezel, I have seen matching OEM "pieces" to match other key interior components; in particular the console.

While eBay is a good source for this sort of thing, I can't say enought about Luke at Steve White Motors,as well. He (Luke) is a constant contrbutor to the forum and the dealership, additionally, is a contributing sponsor. As such expect, a high-level of service with a price that is virtually unbeatable in the OEM parts/accesories market.

Good luck on your project, and......

Best regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
Old 12-23-2012, 07:23 AM

What I don't understand, is why no company is making a quality overlay for the instrument cluster. I'm not interested in paying $100+ for a kit with multiple overlays to adorn every switch & bezel. That was done enough in the 80's and 90's in every custom van. I know others have painted theirs, but that's not my style. Maybe someday someone will see the financial opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
MODS: OEM HID Headlights w/TRS Harness,LED Foglamps,Bright Pedals, Lockpick,Mopar Catback,392 Covers, Functional Scoops,Chrome Signal Bulbs,Sequental Tail Lamps,Diablo inTune,BT Engine Dressup,Manual Shift Boot, Starburst Adapter & American Shifter Knob.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 AM

THEMODIFIER - Exactly my point. I don't want all the extraneous pieces, just the instrument cluster or some extra chrome around the gauge rings. I don't want to change the center console.

BEAMG5 - That's the finish I'd like to see if it surrounds the instrument cluster but I don't want to change the trim around the radio. I like the dark "carbon" trim I have.

I've also used Steve White in the past as well. Great service.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:45 AM

If you find one in aluminum for the gauge cluster... Post it. Id love that look

Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 PM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

My friend installed one on his FF SRT. I believe it was a Remin or Sherwood kit. He didn't have any problems ...

Here are a few pics. The Black car is mine.

Gauge Cluster Trim - Aluminum-100_2235.jpg Gauge Cluster Trim - Aluminum-100_2238.jpg Gauge Cluster Trim - Aluminum-6spd4me3.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.