Help With a Shifter Issue. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help With a Shifter Issue.

Hey everyone,

So i got a Mopar Pistol Grip Shifter for my '11 SXT Auto for christmas from speedlogix, and while following the instructions that i got with it... It doesnt seem to want to go any lower on the shifter shaft than it will go... Which is almost nothing. I have no idea whats up.. It looks like the little U bracket on the inside of the shifter that connects to the shifter shaft is too small for the actual shaft... What doo i do.. I took some pictures to show what i mean.

Shifty
Attached Thumbnails
Help With a Shifter Issue.-img_0045.jpg   Help With a Shifter Issue.-img_0044.jpg   Help With a Shifter Issue.-img_0043.jpg  

2010 R/T Classic, 6 Speed, No Sunroof.. Black on Black!
DiabloSport InTune, BC Racing Coil Overs, Resonator Delete, Speedlogix 180 T Stat, Speedlogix Skip Shift Eliminator, Red Over Head LEDs, CarID Headlight & Foglight Covers, Plasti Dip Grille Surround.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 03:25 PM

Looks that it is in as far as it should be. The bottom inset ring you are pointing to should be for the boot when you zip tie it (from underneath) to keep it in position. Of course...this is a 6 speed guy chiming in - just stating what I see.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!!!!

Last edited by Wraith SRT; 12-25-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by Wraith SRT View Post
Looks that it is in as far as it should be. The bottom inset ring you are pointing to should be for the boot when you zip tie it (from underneath) to keep it in position. Of course...this is a 6 speed guy chiming in - just stating what I see.
From the instructions that i got (and other pictures of people and their installed shifter) it looks like it should be lower.. and the U slot piece still has lots of area for it to slide into.. So thats why im a tad concerned, I can pull it off with a little bit of strength and wiggle it a bit...
Old 12-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Okay, so i went back, kept your zip tie idea in mind, and hammered it down (JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE) so it didnt really wiggle.. (i did this much.. harder than the first time) now it seems to be working well and settled well. All set up too.

Thanks

Shifty
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i can see in your middle pic, the shaft isnt seated all the way up in the channel, it will go down more,tap it with a soft mallet...
Old 12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by BADHEMI View Post
i can see in your middle pic, the shaft isnt seated all the way up in the channel, it will go down more,tap it with a soft mallet...

Tried, using my wallet as a pad between the mallet and shifter. Never went much farther than that. Its sturdy though. Doesnt wiggle.

Shifty
Old 12-28-2012, 06:09 PM

Looks to me like when they tack welded the stop piece in the first pic, they could have sit it up flush in the channel, instead its about a 1/4 gap which is about what you have at the bottom.

Yours may be BIGGER but I bet mine is CLEANER!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
When we install these we normally have to give them a pretty good wack to get them to settle down into place
Luke
WWW.STEVEWHITEPARTS.COM
FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!
facebook.com/stevewhiteparts1
828-324-4410
800-779-3634
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.