Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Help With a Shifter Issue.

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  stevewhiteparts 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

So i got a Mopar Pistol Grip Shifter for my '11 SXT Auto for christmas from speedlogix, and while following the instructions that i got with it... It doesnt seem to want to go any lower on the shifter shaft than it will go... Which is almost nothing. I have no idea whats up.. It looks like the little U bracket on the inside of the shifter that connects to the shifter shaft is too small for the actual shaft... What doo i do.. I took some pictures to show what i mean.

Shifty

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Looks that it is in as far as it should be. The bottom inset ring you are pointing to should be for the boot when you zip tie it (from underneath) to keep it in position. Of course...this is a 6 speed guy chiming in - just stating what I see.

#3 ·
From the instructions that i got (and other pictures of people and their installed shifter) it looks like it should be lower.. and the U slot piece still has lots of area for it to slide into.. So thats why im a tad concerned, I can pull it off with a little bit of strength and wiggle it a bit...

#4 ·
Okay, so i went back, kept your zip tie idea in mind, and hammered it down (JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE) so it didnt really wiggle.. (i did this much.. harder than the first time) now it seems to be working well and settled well. All set up too.

Thanks

Shifty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.