No power seat memory - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now if anyone has OCD like me then it'll take u a couple days to get it right back where it was. Gotta get back in my meds.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I am lucky in that being 6'2" I have the seat all the way back and as low as it will go. The techs that work on my car must be tiny people because the seat is almost always up so much I can't even squeeze in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to sitedrifter For This Useful Post:
jaelliott (12-03-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rudedog Send a message via Skype™ to Rudedog
This was one of the first aftermarket mods I was looking for but to this day, I've yet to find anyone or anything for our cars.

I tried to pull the wiring harness from the seat before taking it into service, but it's too damn hard to get too. Wish we could pull (without breaking) the two side seat adjustments off - but I cringe at knowing someone smaller or larger then I, not having the seat adjusted correctly and end up hitting something.

2010 Challenger R/T Classic | Plum Crazy Pearl | 6sp | sun roof | STP | Leather | Sound Group II w/Nav (730N) | Hood struts | Mopar fender flairs | MOROSO Tanks| Lockpick v.4 w/cam | Petty Garage STB | Trinity w/9r28.crom | Hust S/T shifter | BT Catch can|BT Engine bling | PASSPORT Qi45 | PCP brake calipers | AT cat back | AFR true shaker/TA hood | braided hoses | AN fittings | JBA shorties | Hi-flow cats
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Originally Posted by OmahaRumble View Post
You have the fancy schmancy car, I figured yours would have the memory seat. It looks like we're out of luck though. It seems that the Chargers got them, but not us.

Nice signature btw.
FANCY SCHMANCY LOL!!

the sig was done just for you lol..

2009 SRT
ARRINGTON TVS 2300 8LB BLOWER WITH A.J. TUNE & MODERN MUSCLE THROTTLE BODY WITH LMI FENDER PULL INTAKE
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD WITH AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by sitedrifter View Post
I am lucky in that being 6'2" I have the seat all the way back and as low as it will go. The techs that work on my car must be tiny people because the seat is almost always up so much I can't even squeeze in.
I am a couple of inches shorter than you, but one thing I hate about memory seats is they have no common sense. My elderly mother who is considerably shorter than I am has a car with memory seats that automatically slide back to allow easier access, whenever I get into her car to move it for her, etc. and use her keys instead of the spare key fob (auto sensing) I feel like I am reliving the garbage compactor scene from Star Wars.

Ike

Mods list: K&N Typhoon CAI, Skip Shift Eliminator , Petty Strut Tower Brace, Diablo Predator 91CAI tune, License Plate backup camera with Lockpick V2, mini spare tire and adapter, Moroso Catch Can, some BT bling, 3rd brake pulser, Larry's mod Hurst shifter, coming soon Web Electric Sequential tail lights and LED under door lights
Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 AM

My wife drives mine on occasion and she knows only to change the forward and back position that way you just have to mess with one setting. It helps, Good luck!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 AM

Photos: (53)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The memory is configured with the car's computer. In my Durango, I have 2 memory positions that can be linked to each fob so if my wife has her position and uses here fob, upon unlocking the car, the seat will adjust to her setting. The MyGig radio will state which seat position is being set, so that is why I am thinking that the memory is built into the car and can't be an after market add on.

Personally, I can't believe anyone can be so certain that a seat position will be exactly like it was the time before. There are so many combinations with the up/down/tilt. I would think that your body would let you know if it feels close to what it was. Then make micro changes until you feel comfortable. What else you have to do when you are driving?
Mods -Magnaflow 16500 (dual quad tips) - Chrome Clad 20" wheels - Mopar Wheel Caps - Body Color Spoiler - Chrome Fuel Door - Locking Gas Cap - Hood Struts - Functional Hood Scoops - K&N DIF - Mopar Nose Badge - Fender Extensions - RPI Splash Guards - Mopar T-Handle - Stainless Pedal Kit - HomeLink - Hands Free uconnect mic - Lockpick - Boyo rear camera - Relay on plate light - DRL activated - WebElectric Sequential Signals.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (15)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Maybe you could pull the fuse for the seat before you drop the car for service if no other important accessories are on the same circuit. Just replace the fuse when you pick up the car. The techs only need to drive the car a few hundred yards so they should be able to adapt.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Originally Posted by bwbike View Post
Maybe you could pull the fuse for the seat before you drop the car for service if no other important accessories are on the same circuit. Just replace the fuse when you pick up the car. The techs only need to drive the car a few hundred yards so they should be able to adapt.
This sounds like a good option, never thought about the fuse box. I may have to try it on my next service. Thanks
AFE Stage II cold air intake
Barton short throw shifter
Fastman ported throttle body
Diablo CMR tune by Johan
Mopar strut tower brace
Spohn rear suspension kit (soon!)
Jet 180* t-stat
SRT8 6.1 chin spoiler
SLP skip shift eliminator
Billet Technology catch can
Beltronics Pro 300 radar detector
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 AM

They are service techs, so might fix the fuse and charge you for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.