Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Start Button Doesn't Light Up?

8K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  NFD3L 
#1 ·
Is the start/stop button supose to light up at night? Mine doesn't and its kinda hard to find it in the dark. Thanks...

#2 ·
No, they don't light up.

Its designed so the button can be removed to used, insert fob to start in the event the fob battery fails.

The vehicles that have lighted buttons generally are permanent buttons and therefore have the lighted / backlighted button.

#5 ·
Just glue a little hair around it haha! No offense just couldnt pass it up. I was also dissapointed when I got mine and it didnt light up. My wifes Edge lights up and so do the Chargers. Ive often wondered if the Chargers button would interchange.

#6 ·
I bought a fiber optic light with thoughts of running them up into the cavity around the start button.
Unfortunately, when I pulled the cover from the bottom of the dash, it looked like it would be pretty difficult to access that area from below, and not having the light doesn't bother me enough to rip the dash apart :icon_lol:

#8 ·
*ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT!* :THUMBSUP:

Recently bought my 1st Challenger, 2013 SXT PLUS in GCM, and I'm starting on some interior mods.

I also wanted to do a backlit start button and was kinda disappointed when I pulled the factory button off and saw that the area behind it wasn't hollow. I haven't given up on the idea, but I'm going to have to attack the problem from a different angle. Has anyone had any luck taking the button assembly apart after pulling it from the dash?

-W

#9 · (Edited)
Muscle memory;
Sit in your car, look where the button is, close your eyes and try to touch it. Repeat several times until you nail it, every time.

Don't get too distracted by gee-gaws and shiny lit buttons.

Or do what my aunt did for my uncle when he had trouble finding the keyhole when drunk; glue a furry piece of cloth with a hole in it around the button; you'll have little problem finding it in the dark.

#12 ·
Or do what my aunt did for my uncle when he had trouble finding the keyhole when drunk; glue a furry piece of cloth with a hole in it around the button; you'll have little problem finding it in the dark.
So... how many times did he try to start your aunt? :IThankYou:

#10 ·
The problem with lighting the button up, isn't the button it's self but rather what the button snaps into (The WIN Module). I have never been able to find any photos of the guts of the WIN module to theorize on how to do this. I originally had thoughts of doing this last year and just gave up because it didn't seem worth the trouble.

#13 ·
Pics please?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.