Car Blow Dryer: Air Force Master Blaster MB3CD Video Review - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Detailing / Car Care

Detailing / Car Care Want to talk about detailing your Dodge Challenger? Are you fanatical about the care and upkeep of your Challenger? Tell us about it in here.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by shakedog View Post
.... could be missing something here, but the Homelite advertises 30 mph, the Craftsman advertises 210 mph, and the Master Blaster advertises 665 mph...
I just want to point out the velocity (speed) is one number of the equation, but volume is another major component in the equation as well, as in the volume of air. The two combined is what removes the water, and how fast it is removed. CFM (cubic feet per minute) would be a much more accurate number to compare the effectiveness of various devices, the the speed of the air, as it's a combination of speed and volume.

I am not taking sides, and Master Blaster may very well be a great product, as in it's ability to get into tight spots (no flames here), but speed alone is no measure of how well a device will move water, or leaves, salt....etc....without the volume component.

Last edited by phillm47; 01-04-2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM

I got the Metro Vacuum's Air Force Master Blaster MB3CD for Christmas and it "blew" me away. I posted a video of me using it on my B5 Blue R/T below.

Dodge Challenger: Projects & Reviews: Car Blow Dryer: Air Force Master Blaster MB3CD Review
I could see maybe using it around the wheels...And no offense, but I could almost shammy off at least half of my entire car in the time it took to do the trunk!!! lol
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM

To those guys who like their leaf blowers: More power to you. It can be tough taking snide remarks in stride at times, but by lowering myself to their level, it just detracts from any useful info that can be gleaned here.
I can only speak for myself but if you interpreted my remarks as an attempt to mock you, I'm afraid you completely misunderstood my intention. I was simply agreeing with swalker's experience with his leaf blower in comparison to what we viewed on your video. .....the exact thought popped into my mind as I watched it.

To be quite honest I have always had an interest in that unit and was planning on considering it if my blower ever died on me. I guess I was just a bit surprised initially by this particular demonstration since it didn't appear to move water as effectively as what I'm used with my current set up (never viewed a video of it in use before).

I just went back and viewed the video a couple more times. I also checked out a couple of other reviews and I believe what I thought was lack of effectiveness in the machine might have more to do with your technique in this particular clip. If you watch the video around the :55 to 1:00 mark I believe that part better demonstrates the flow of the air from this machine. What you see there is more what I'm used to when I use my Craftsman.

....just to clarify, my intention is not to slam your technique. I'm just trying to better understand how this machine might work for my scenario (yeah.....I still might consider one of these in the future after I do more research).

btw, I'm curious if you could mount this unit the same way as the it's cousin the Vac 'n Blo (on the wall). I don't believe that unit is as powerful but it includes a 24' hose and mounting hardware. If I could do the same with the MB, that would be a huge selling point for me. It would be much nicer simply maneuvering the hose/nozzle rather than the entire blower (like my Craftsman).

Thanks for posting this review btw.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by phillm47 View Post
I just want to point out the velocity (speed) is one number of the equation, but volume is another major component in the equation as well, as in the volume of air. The two combined is what removes the water, and how fast it is removed. CFM (cubic feet per minute) would be a much more accurate number to compare the effectiveness of various devices, the the speed of the air, as it's a combination of speed and volume.

I am not taking sides, and Master Blaster may very well be a great product, as in it's ability to get into tight spots (no flames here), but speed alone is no measure of how well a device will move water, or leaves, salt....etc....without the volume component.
A good example is the Black & Decker I purchased to replace my Craftsman combo blower/vac. I don't recall the "MPH" claim for that unit but it was more than my Craftsman. Naturally, you might expect that it would move water more effectively. ......wrong. It doesn't even move leaves as well.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kean View Post
I just went back and viewed the video a couple more times. I also checked out a couple of other reviews and I believe what I thought was lack of effectiveness in the machine might have more to do with your technique in this particular clip. If you watch the video around the :55 to 1:00 mark I believe that part better demonstrates the flow of the air from this machine. What you see there is more what I'm used to when I use my Craftsman.
My technique with the MB is a little different and work at a faster pace. For example, if I am doing the trunk lid, I stand on the side of the car to herd the water toward the rear of the car. This is done with sweeping (not flicking) motions back and forth at a shallow angle. I also start by clearing the crevices first for an area so you do not get spray.

If the LSP is not so great shape or needs a good detailing (claying, paint clean) water can tend to stick to the paint so harder to herd.

Last edited by Bunky; 01-06-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 PM

Agreed. My technique could use some help! Since then, I've used it several more times and have reduced the drying time significantly. The hot air it blows really adds to the effectiveness of its drying ability. I don't see any obvious way of mounting it to a wall, but I'm sure you could rig something up if you really wanted to. There was a reviewer on Amazon who complained that two sections of hose would not hold together due to the high pressure. Since the thing has wheels, it has been no problem for me to wheel it around the car. It would also be sweet if someone would rig up one of those blow driers like they have at the drive-thru car wash. As awesome as the Master Blaster is, it doesn't take long before you start wondering how it might be improved on even more!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 AM

There was a reviewer on Amazon who complained that two sections of hose would not hold together due to the high pressure. Since the thing has wheels, it has been no problem for me to wheel it around the car. It would also be sweet if someone would rig up one of those blow driers like they have at the drive-thru car wash. As awesome as the Master Blaster is, it doesn't take long before you start wondering how it might be improved on even more!
I have seen some that replaced the MB hose with a pool hose to extend the distance so you can mount on a wall. I do not know if it is durable. The MB would be a bit more maneuverable in tight spaces if the front wheels swiveled. Of course you need to make sure the hose is securely fastened to the output port.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
l use one myself!!! After drying the car l use the blower to get the areas that ALWAYS leak water causing those late drips..... so l for one am (pardon the pun) a FAN!!!

1954 Plymouth Savoy
1959 Chevy Apache
1977 Plymouth Volare'

"She may not be the youngest gal at the ball ... but she can still turn a head or two"

[/url]

Last edited by Cuda Cliff; 01-12-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Detailing / Car Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.