cleaning interior - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Detailing / Car Care Want to talk about detailing your Dodge Challenger? Are you fanatical about the care and upkeep of your Challenger? Tell us about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:26 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
You missed a prime opportunity for a pun there...don't be scared of the pun, the pun isn't as bad as people make it out to be...we all like puns, we just don't all admit it in mixed company
Pun? I missed a pun...I'm a pun Ninga......I'm usually "Attila the Pun"
The Following User Says Thank You to astronomer For This Useful Post:
Nuke (03-17-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronomer View Post
Pun? I missed a pun...I'm a pun Ninga......I'm usually "Attila the Pun"
N/M, now that I think about it, it was less of an opportunity to use a pun, and more of an opportunity to be astoundingly obvious...and nobody likes THOSE types of people...so please disregard my last post...

nothing to see here...

move along...

nothing to see here...

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:07 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Perhaps? Trim Shine Aerosol | Stoner Car Care

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
I love me some Trim Shine, great product...i recommend it (and other Stoner products) on other forums so much people think I'm a still for Stoner. And while I think it would work in this scenario, it would be a temporary solution requiring continual reapplications to maintain the look I'm pretty sure.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Looking at the picture, I suspect it's not so much an issue of a stain to be cleaned, as the pigment of the material has been rubbed off. If so, only recoloring it will make it go away. A Guy

Last edited by A Guy; 03-18-2017 at 09:59 PM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:58 PM

Garage
More technical info on the Solution Finish I recommended: Questions about The Car Enthusiast's Best Friend
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronomer View Post
More technical info on the Solution Finish I recommended: Questions about The Car Enthusiast's Best Friend
If we are all just actors on TV, going about our daily lives for the amusement of the viewers, I suspect there would be a scene written about this thread which had the following dialog in it:

Nuke: “I’m not sure what the solution to this problem is.”
Astronomer: “I am, get yourself some Solution.”
Nuke: “Right, we need a solution, I just said that.”
Astronomer: “I know, and I just told you, you need to get some Solution.”
Nuke: “Dude, are you feeling okay? You’re not making any sense!”
Astronomer: “Yes, I’m fine. Actually, I am starting to wonder about you. You seem to be going deaf.”
Nuke: “No, my hearing is fine. I can hear you speaking gibberish.”
Astronomer: “Whatever man, just trying to help.”
Nuke: “If you want to help, how about offering up some ideas for a solution?!?”
Astronomer: “AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!”

At which point I would sincerely hope whoever was still watching this poorly acted farce would turn off the TV and go do something productive...but we all know they wouldn't
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:13 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voler Vive View Post
Ok all I have tryed to remove this stain in several different way ,everything from wiping to scrubbing with a tooth brush and products such as ,Turtle Wax Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner , Griot's Garage Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner, McGuire's carpet and upholstery cleaner, wool light and water, Dawn Dish soap and water to no avail. Its where my elbow rides on the door panel (I'm 6 foot 300lb so I'm a big boy, reason I bought a challenger and not a tin can Camero of Mustang lol) I'm sure its skin and body oil but it's just not coming out. I have 4 picks 2 before and 2 after to days scrub. I'm half way thinking of getting a wire brush and grinder. this spot is driving me nuts. 2 photos are before todays scrub and 2 after, But I've spent all week focused on this spot cleaning it. Any ideas? And thanks nuke the Wool light got the dog slobber up.
Here you go, this will absolutely do the trick:

Click image for larger version

Name:	trim paint.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	784001

I forgot I had that until I ran across it on the shelf earlier, but it would work great to resolve this particular issue I do believe!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 AM

Not to be captain obvious, but have you tried a brush? I had some stuff on the door in the same place after I got a tattoo a couple weeks ago, thinking it was noxema possibly. Once it dried I saw it. Took some cleaner to it, but it came back, and would not get out of those crevices. I ended up taking a brush to it along with a bit more cleaner, and it came out. Those crevices don't like to give up easily...

2016 R/T Scat Pack
Maximum Steel, 6 speed Manual
Scat Pack Appearance Package
Darkwing Duck Navigation System
Greyhound Package
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I used an old tooth brush. I might just buy a used door panel off eBay and put it up to switch out later.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
Thomas Jefferson

2015 Scat pack, Redline Red, Leather Interior Group, Driver Convenience Group, Technology Group, Nav, Sun Roof

MODs: MOPAR CAI/ Speedlogix Catch can/ Rear seat delete/ Infinity Reference Speakers in dash, door and package tray/ stock 6 piston brembos w/RB Performance Brakes 2 pc rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Detailing / Car Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode