Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dealer washed my Hellcat!!!

5K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  SKULLNUTZ 
#1 ·
Buying a new car is an exciting thing. The new car smell, the roar of the new engine and the shiny new paint. In my case the shiny new paint was damaged by the dealer. They dusted the car with probably an old towel. I didn't come to realize this till the next day when I took the car out in the sun.

I had swirl marks everywhere as well as some paint imperfections that came from the factory. You can't imagine the disappointment I felt after paying big money for this car.

For the heck of driving and forgetting about it I drove to Vegas the next day. The roar of he Hellcat can't be beat. But then I got to Vegas and my car was still messed up. Woke up and searched Yelp and I found Gloss-It. Yelp 5 star reviews all around. I'm like this may be the place to help me out.

I called them up an spoke to the owner Rich. He said sure bring the car in and we'll take a look at it. Right away when you see their facility and walk into the shop you see a black Corvette that is shinier than anything I've seen before. I'm like if they can do that, They can fix my car.

Rich and Jacob took the time to explain the process and what it would take to get the paint and swirl problems fixed. He then showed me a lot of the products and things that they would be using. I'm like you certainly know what you talking about. Get her done.

They called me back around 4 and said the car is ready come pick it up. Turned out Rich had done the car himself and really took care of much more than the stuff we discussed. Right away I can see a huge huge difference on the car I have left just a couple hours back. Swirl marks were gone. The car was already much more brilliant than when I left it.

He then proceeded to show me how to apply even more shine to the car. We did just a portion of the car, the trunk in this case. This Quarts product he sells is just incredible. The best way I can described the results is to think of clear nail polisher after you apply it. How shiny your nails look. That's how shiny my car looks. It's absolutely breath taking. Rich took the time to explain some of the other products he sells and their application. You can bet I bought some more stuff.

Overall the results are well worth the price. I am now grinning ear to ear, as one should when you buy a new car. All three things are there now. The new car Smell, the roar of a big engine (Hellcat) and the very very Shiny paint.

I would highly recommend their products and their service.

Drove the car back to the hotel. Valet was like what the heck did you do to your car, is shiny as hell. Told him where I did it. He was like I'm going there next time.

Great Job Rich or how I decided to call him. The Walter White of detailing chemicals.

Check the results below...

https://www.facebook.com/GlossIt/posts/912731385428569

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Your car is beautiful! ..but you have shiny nails? lol

#3 ·
Lol, was about to say same thing.....hHey it's vegas, so anything happens overthere, just make sure stays there lol...jjk

#7 ·
Did the same dealer charge you for the $299 glass etching scam? You can see it in that deck lid shot. Mine tried charging me for it, they said "but it has already been etched, you gotta pay!". That's when I informed the guy that my car was currently on a TRAIN in Nebraska, and if you can do that while it is moving down the tracks, well you have got some talent. They took the $299 off of there.

Nice looking car, I saw a PCP HC on a car hauler just yesterday. Looking good!

#9 ·
I've specifically instructed my dealer not to touch my car. No washing, license plate covers, stickers. Don't even take off the plastic. They could care less about our new babies. Just another piece of iron to them

#16 ·
Looks great!!! Did they use C-quartz Finest?

#17 ·
I agree, I learned the hard way. He was like "I'm going to go wash it and get it up here" I was so excited it slipped past me. Not only was the car still dirty I was thinking of the kid that did it and how he probably just wanted to go home since we were late lol

Salesmen asked me to bring it back so they could detail it and make it right. I said no thanks, I'll take care of it myself and during that first good wash I seen some light scratches that I know are from them. Good thing is I know they will come out fairly easy.

#18 ·
Beautiful Car! Glad it turned out the way you wanted. Just out of curiosity, how much did the entire service set you back? I'd be interested in getting my GCM Scatpack done if the price is right. It would definitely be a fun road-trip from Southern California! I understand if you're not comfortable with posting the cost though, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

#19 ·
My dealer hand washed, waxed, and buffed my Scat prior to delivery. They made an impression with me as I didnt even ask them too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.