Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Gave Chemical Guys a try-- Black Light

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CJ 10 SRT 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally decided to order a bottle of CG Black Light Hybrid Polish.
In all fairness my Paint is in excellent condition so I thought I would give it a try.

The stuff smells good enough to eat and went on easy with a micro fiber applicator. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and buffed it off. This is where I was pleasantly surprised. It wiped off VERY easily without any streaking. From a few tips I saw online, I did apply it fairly thinly.

Other products I have used were a pain to wipe and buff off. (I am doing this by hand).
I threw a coat on the wheel while I waited for it to dry.

I'm pretty happy with the results. I only tested the rear quarter but I will do the rest of the car.
I will try 2 coats as well. I can't say if it will fill Light swirls as it claims because I do not have many swirls.

For the price, the ease of application and removal and the amazing smell, I give it a big thumbs up. Anyone else use this product as a polish? I thought about the black wax they have but it's CRAZY expensive.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
They have similar for light colored cars Chemical Guys White Light Hybrid Radiant Finish

A Guy

#4 ·
I'm pretty happy with the Chemical Guys stuff. Jet Seal is also really good. Try the V07 detail spray, good stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.