My father hit my r/t please help me.... - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Detailing / Car Care

Detailing / Car Care Want to talk about detailing your Dodge Challenger? Are you fanatical about the care and upkeep of your Challenger? Tell us about it in here.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by 1badx View Post
It's a scratch, it will be fine. I had to have my whole front end replaced and I think the paint match is better than factory.
My Dad passed away a few years ago. I would let him take a hammer to my car if I could just have one more hour with him. Your Dad is more important than any possession.
You're right I posted my first message in anger. I'm sorry for your loss. It's just in the heat of the intial momemt I was angry. I think it's because I take such good care of my car and do so many things to prevent damage that when it actually happens I react poorly. But I realize that it is almost a gurantee that you'll need body work on any car you buy these days large or small.

Thanks for the words of comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by sitedrifter View Post
Order a new mirror from Dodge they come factory painted and will match great!
This is what I would do to be honest. ....and Im quite anal. In fact, I just did the same thing with my wifes Forester. She tore off and cracked the cover for her drivers side mirror while pulling out of the garage. Found a factory color matched one and installed it myself.

I've only owned one car that needed repair through a body shop and I tend to hold on to vehicles for several years. PDR took care of any minor dings.

As for the father remarks, not everyone is as lucky as myself or others here to have (or have had) a Dad they care deeply for. ....heck, I know some who would frankly not miss theirs and arguably for good reason. In any case, I think feeling angry/frustrated over the incident is normal for folks who have a passion for their car(s). How you deal with those feelings is another story.

If roles were reversed, I would probably feel the same but I would never show that to my Dad. I would likely play it off and have it taken care of myself. ....especially if its just the mirror.

Hope you get it fixed soon so you can put this behind you.

-- sent from mobile phone --
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM

it will be fine either way, a body shop repair/paint or a new factory painted one.. I didn't read into it that you were mad at your Dad for doing it, you were just afraid it would never be the same. personally if it's going to happen I'd rather my Dad have accidentally scratched it than a random stranger that probably wouldn't have told you.

you've probably already thought of this but the important thing is that your Dad knows you don't blame him, he probably already feels terrible about it and if you take the stance that it's no big deal.. accidents happen sort of attitude it may make him feel better... and you. like others have said, I wish I could give my Dad a hug and tell him it's no big deal. you''ll be fine and the Challenger will to.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lost my dad a year ago - I too would do anything for the opportunity to spend some more time with him. There is a hole in my soul now. Tell your dad how much you love him - while you still can. Count your Blessings.
20x8's, HID Lights, Challenger Door Sills, Mopar CAI,
1970 Challenger & R/T Emblem on the rear spoiler,
Gas Charged Hood Supports, Mopar Nose Badge
276-watt 6 Speaker Sound
Exhaust: Flowmaster 40's
Mopar Strut Tower Brace
Fuzzy White Dice

"Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel!"
The Following User Says Thank You to BEIST For This Useful Post:
pdx.challenger (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Everyone has OCD nowadays! Self-diagnosed of course. Hope your car is good to go afterwards!

I just wonder, with you being SO OCD, how is it you even bought a Challenger? I mean the paint is crap from the factory, werent you freaking out at just the thought that you might get a car with a dust in the clear coat?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 AM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If you live with your father, first thing I'd recommend is you request he throw you the f*ck out! Then you can live in your car and get your mirror painted so you can admire it up close.

ARH long tube headers with cats and ARH cat backs and Mopar quad tips, Lakewood strut tower brace, K&N Typhoon polished aluminum CAI, Nitto Motivo F: 255/45ZR20 R: 275/40ZR20, skip shift eliminator, Mopar splash guards all around.

Ex PCP 6 spd Classic owner
The Following User Says Thank You to USponycar For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (14)
I broke off the passengers side mirror three months after I bought my car.... Bought a new one and you can't tell the diff... perfect patch paint wise.
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
Old 11-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm still trying to figure out how your rear view mirror got scratch by your dad trying to parallel park. Anyhow, that's very minor. I'm sure it will all work out and I'm sure your dad is kicking himself bad enough. I know mine would be. Give Dad a big hug, get the car fixed and move one.
The Following User Says Thank You to STINGER392 For This Useful Post:
dj_KaSE (01-27-2013)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:12 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Originally Posted by jim r View Post
Take it easy before you lose it completely!
I've been a painter for decades and could do an undetectable repair on that mirror while you ate lunch.
Geez,that's probably the most forgiving and easy to match color there is.

Now...who wants to be first in line to slam autobody people,as usual?
I'll be the first in line to say like everything else, there are good ones and bad ones. I just now got back from having a good one work on my car. I already knew he was a good one. I used to supervise him at a Ford dealership bodyshop. A couple weeks ago I backed into my own truck. How stupid is that? I chewed myself out good for that one since I couldn't blame anyone else. Luckily all I did was put a small gouge in the bumper cover. You're absolutely correct about a quick fix by someone superior at his job. He fixed the gouge, painted it, blended within the panel, buffed it, all in three hours with plenty of B.S. time in between, and it looks absolutely fine now.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 PM

true - your dad did not do it on purpose - be glad you still have him around to talk to. find a good painter and get it fixed. won't cause you a ton of suffering.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bosox Plum Crazy For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Detailing / Car Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.