Dodge Challenger Forum banner

09s spotted testing

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Ragamuffin 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I thought 09 pics have already been posted here and there and everywhere else and/or discussed in here and there ??? They have to be testing them for months now ; as the 2009s will be able to be ordered in a couple weeks and production slated for ?? is it August ??? Happy Pat's Day:sick:

#8 ·
good eye! I can see it too. I really hope that isn't the case. The left side pretty standard now, and when I drove the srt 4 it was always a pain in the butt having it on the right.

#9 ·
Funny I thought the pic was flipped it looks like a left hand driver isnt the fuel door usually on the drive side.
Take a look at the pic again of the black v6 you can see the drivers seatbelt as you would from the driver being on the right side .
is that a UK right hand drive model?
I have seem a US 09 v6 model in gun metal gray and it had a fuel door on the right drivers side that car is definately a UK model.

How cool.......

#10 ·
the black pictured v6 is definately a right hand drive model .
Never know they may throw us a curve ball but almost every car has the fuel door on the driver side at least every dodge I have driven lately.
All the rt's are have the fuel door the right side why would they change it for the v6 ,the v6 i had seen has the door on the right same as the rt.
Very interesting to say the least!

#11 ·
the black pictured v6 is definately a right hand drive model .
Never know they may throw us a curve ball but almost every car has the fuel door on the driver side at least every dodge I have driven lately.
All the rt's are have the fuel door the right side why would they change it for the v6 ,the v6 i had seen has the door on the right same as the rt.
Very interesting to say the least!
strange the other pic shows him on right side driving unless that is a different car.

#13 ·
I'm so confused now :icon_confused: all this talk of left and rights now with the UK model thrown in. I thought the R/T filler is on the left? but your saying right. I'm thinking you referring to "right" as in correct side which is the left side of the car? :SM030: I'm off to get some aspirin.

#16 ·
Well it ain't flipped , but what's it doing in Brampton , CAN ?

The LX platform is Chrysler’s new full-size rear wheel drive automobile platform for the mid part of the 2000s. The LX was developed in America using components borrowed from the Mercedes-Benz W220 S-class control arm front suspension, Mercedes-Benz W210 E-Class the 5-link rear suspension, the W5a580K 5-speed automatic, the rear differential, and the ESP system. The LX cars are built at Brampton Assembly in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. The European variant and all RHD models are built in Graz, Austria by Magna Steyr, they go by the platform designation of LE.

#17 ·
Hey Bro :icon_razz:, the so called "Chally" ain't , I mean is not a LX'er ! It's built on a LY, I mean actually I believe a shortened LY platform that is now labeled the LC platform . Yes, the larger LX cars for the Euros are built over there: which makes good economic cents!:bigthumb:!!:sick:!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.