Dodge Challenger Forum banner

15 and 16 Shaker Owners Only

24K views 141 replies 64 participants last post by  ChillxPoint 
#1 ·
Had a 2009 Plus and a 2012 Plus with Mopar Exterior Package.Cannot say a bad thing about the 2 Dodges that I have owned.
Seems that the 2015 Shakers were kind of limited since it was a very late delivery up until Sept and Oct when the 2015 Shakers were still arriving on dealer lots and I wanted a pass till the 2016s starting too come in.
Anyways dealers still asking on the 2015s Msrp or close to it but there are a few dealers that will take a few dollars off.
Glad that I took the leap in getting one a 2016 Shaker,there were no big discounts as of yet unless you want a V6 but happy at getting it at invoice.
People are giving me the WOW on the car as I feel the other Challengers will not unless its a Hellcat.
I am sure others that own a 2015 or 2016 are enjoying their challengers more then their older challengers.......................................JQ

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Man, that is one bad-ass shaker car. I had no idea that they looked that good in white.......soooo, white owners should be happy that their cars are the fewest off the production line. I got a 2015 Sublime SPS and and read: I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!!! This car is the boss, fo sho.

#67 ·
Shaken it over here Boss

Wow, how did I ever miss this thread?
I had a 2015 SXT PLUS for ten months, great car, but figured if I am going to pay for a new car....I WANT A HEMI.
I ordered my new car in May 2016 and it arrived in July 13th 2016.
I am the Very Proud owner of a 2016 R/T SHAKER PLUS, RedLine Red with the Red and Black leather seats.
What a rocket, and yes the Shaker does get many looks and I really like the 2nd look over, from people. :surprise:

Attachments

#16 ·
the OEM shaker setup uses a rubber neck from TB to airbox, plus the rubber tube from shaker base to another opening in the lower airbox.

If you have the metal CAI neck to the airbox, that setup probably uses a different lower airbox.

#8 ·
Look who else just bought a White Shaker!

Look who else just bought a White 2015 Scat Pack Shaker!
It was ordered in spring of 15 when I ordered mine but the guy backed out of the purchase.

The car sat on the lot until a couple weeks ago.
Options include SPAG, A8, and the 392...

Look closely, you may recognize him. :surprise:

There is also a B5 Shaker in the background.

Attachments

#10 ·
When I bought my 2009 RT Plus in late 2008 I hardly ever saw any other challengers for a year
Also when I upgraded too my 2012 RT with Mopar Exterior Package I hardly ever seen any others
till maybe a year later and still I hardly ever see them.
Now as for the Shakers in the 2015 and 2016s I am sure we will not see as many shakers on the road but there will but many more
other types of challengers zipping by.
There will still be many and many Stangs on the road and lots of Camaros also on the road
But still less challengers on the road and even less with shakers..Where am I wrong?...................................JQ

#11 ·
#12 · (Edited)

#13 ·
Bought my B5 16 SPS two weeks ago. Traded in a School Bus Yellow 13 Boss 302 to buy it. Looked at Challengers back in 13 when I bought the stang but couldn't get over the interior. Glad I waited. I love the new interior and the Shaker. I really don't like the nostrils on the standard hood. Plus, I can get all 3 kids in the back. This car rocks.

Attachments

#14 ·
I ordered my R/T Shaker in late October. The last update that I had was a D1 status with December 15 - 21 ETA. That is only next week!

I have NEVER seen a Shaker on the road in my area. I have someone in my neighbourhood with a black on black Hellcat (but he is the dealership's principle). Mostly I see R/T's on the road a few are '15 or later. I actually test drove a 2011 R/T with less than 15,000 km on it. It was an automatic however and prefer the exterior design cues of the 2015+.

I look forward to driving the Shaker in it's Plum Crazy Purpleness!

#19 · (Edited)
I waited 2 years for the Shaker. 2 stinking years. Then Dodge says you can't have Jazz Blue with the Shaker models, so I didn't buy one. I WOULD have bought a Shaker plus if it came in my color. Having Jazz Blue with red interior was more important to me than the wonderful shaker hood scoop. The stupidity of Dodge is Legion. Why couldn't they offer the damn car in Jazz Blue? It is just baffling. I know I can add an OEM shaker hood and scoop down the line, but I like the car so much now as is, I probably just won't bother.

But it still chaps my hide that Dodge does idiotic f_____g things like this.

Imagine my sig picture with a shaker hood scoop. Do you think that would make the car look better or worse? No brainer. But Dodge is too stupid to allow it. Aholes.

#24 ·
Question; just took delivery a few days ago. My 392 shaker scoop is tilted ever so slightly towards the passenger side. Anyone else have this condition on their 392 shaker? I only test drove 5.7 L shakers and did not remember this. Have not had the chance to remove it and check it out.

#29 ·
Just a heads up to all you fellow shaker owners.... I got my hood wrapped satin black last night (pics coming soon) and the black plastic ring on the hood that goes around the shaker did not like it very well.

The installer just used alcohol to clean the hood surface and when it touched that black plastic ring, the black came off like cheap wet spray paint. It was like nothing I had seen before. Soooo i cleaned the whole thing since it looked like hammered crap already and now the black ring around the shaker is more of a flat black than its slight shine it had. I plan on getting some mothers to it and make it more satin black again hopefully.

But Beware, alcohol strips whatever finish Dodge has put on that plastic part!!

Attachments

Reactions: HarleyMo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.