Dodge Challenger Forum banner

15 Challenger sales up

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  StSimeon 
#1 ·
Interesting little New York Times article in the business section today.
So far for the year FCA sales are up about 2% from last year. Of particular interest was Challenger sales are up 25% from last year. Sadly, it looks like people did not like the new Charger front end so much after all since their sales were down "double digits".
Being up 25% is not to shabby for the Challenger as the new '15 Mustang is up a whopping 70%. No mention of the Camaro sales but I'll bet they will be pretty good since the dealers are pushing them out fast to make room for a very much improved '16 coming out very soon.
The +25% increase in sales for the Challenger doesn't quite match my calculations. After going over all the accounting reports and statistics it looks like Challenger sales are actually up exactly 100% from this time last year- at least as far as my household is concerned. Take that Mustang!

#2 ·
Now all Chrysler needs to do is ditch the sinking ship known as Fiat, drop the Dart, and really start booking. Chrysler needs to focus on keeping their current streak going and not revert to their late 80s early 90s string of building crap.

#4 ·
Wish it were that simple. Remember: in '08-'09 Chrysler (and their shadowy holding Co. Sirberous - or however you spell it) was circling the drain and if it wasn't for the quicky shotgun marriage to Fiat- Mopar and all the jobs associated with it would all be gone with the wind. For good or bad- Chry, D, J & Ram are not really an american company anymore. they're Italian. Hey could be worse: they could be owned by a Chinese car company like Volvo! Think about that possibility for a second or two. Makes me shutter.
Fiat really only took on Chrysler because of the profitable trucks/vans/SUV's and a dealer network in this country so they could try and bring Fiat, Alfa, and maybe even Lancia back to this market.

#3 ·
I suspect that if it wasnt for the much anticipated release of the hellcats and all of the huge multi-media attention towards the challenger version, I suspect they wouldnt have gotten even that number. The 2015 challenger retro 71 redesign, major interior redo and the A8 were all a great combined boost (both got me back into the dealership, twice!), but by and large, its the Hellcat Challlengers attention that made many performance oriented buyers look at dodge, or look at dodge -again.
The Dart fills an econo/sporty niche, I get it, but I wasnt all too impressed when I got one for a loaner for a few days. I think they could have done better on many levels. The 4 door chargers are awesome cars, but the actual 4 doors never set right with me and TBH they dont look anything like the originals that carried the name, except maybe hints of 1966-67 - unlike the challenger line which follows very close to the originals. Had they also made a 2 door for 2015, styled more like the hugely popular 1968-70 versions, instead of the simply changing the nose/tail, etc..I think dodge would have rocketed sales numbers this year and for years to come.
Hemi4Us

#7 ·
I am one of those guys. I have always been GM loyal and have liked the Challenger, but it wasn't until the Hellcat started making waves that I got hooked. So I can't have a Hellcat, but the 485HP Scat Pack looked like a nice compromise: >:)

Pure marketing genius, worked on me.

#8 ·
I just upped their sales by purchasing a new SRT from Fresno Dodge today. $3,000 below MSRP and $3,000 more for my trade in than Carmax offered. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
I bought a '15, I wanted one since they came out their interior was just well, for what they wanted for the car, not too nice (I do have an '06 Charger and it is the same as the older Challengers so don't kill me) :) plus I prefer the styling of the '15 as well. '71 was the best year fro both "E" bodies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.