Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2009 Dodge Challenger Dyno Results

5K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  MoparR/T 
#1 ·
Three runs on the Dyno. My best was 390.3 hp and 414.6 tq...Pretty stoked with those numbers.

93 CAI performance tune
85mm TB
OBX long tube headers
Catless mids
Moroso Spiral Flow 2.5" resonators
Mopar CAI

....funny thing, I always heard that the Mopar CAI was restrictive but I got lower number with just an open throttle body

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: MoparR/T
#2 · (Edited)
Wow that's really cool! Super nice dyno pull. Is that on the stock cam then? Goes to show that the stock cam, for as small as it is, really can support a lot of power. Long tubes and cat less mids are where it's at. I would put some on mine if I wasn't trading up for a 2015/16 scat pack. I have more mods, including that Modern Muscle cam, and I don't even come close to what you got. 363hp/379tq.

I can tell you that as of now all I'm putting on the scat pack shaker is long tubes, possibly cat less mids, and a tune. Leaving the stock cam in it.

Thanks for sharing.

#4 ·
Stock cam. Cant afford anything bigger right now. Saving for a wedding. If you account for the 15% power train loss from the manual gear box that puts me right under 450 bhp.

#5 ·
:drink4: :icon_lol: :5:

#6 ·
How is the exhaust smell? Noticeable without the cats? That is my only concern with putting cat less mids on my next ride. I don't imagine it would be as bad as my 400 sbc with a 750 demon carb, but I don't want that smell from a brand new car.

#7 ·
If you stand behind it you can smell the fuel a bit. Always smells rich to me. In cabin is not noticeable at all. The catless mids I have look like cats from the exterior but act more like small resonators. They have about 1/2" of baffling around the interior edge then they are straight through. More so to pass a visual inspection than anything else. They are obx cause thats all I could afford at the time. Not sure what other more expensive lt's look like

#9 ·
Don't they test emissions in NJ?

#10 ·
Are u an emissions narc? Ha

#11 ·
No, I'm just curious to know if they test emissions in NJ and if so, how you get around it? I'm not LE nor do I play one on TV, just curious.

#12 ·
Omg! Finally someone on this website w a sense of humor. Im getting yelled at on a for sale thread for being sarcastic haha. They do indeed test emissions. In fact I think thats the only test they do. I have a set of catted mids i made and before going i switch them in. I take it to a privately owned inspection station where they hook a sniffer up to it. Pass and go on my merry way. Since I have true duals its not that hard to do and its once every 2 years.

#14 · (Edited)
Nice numbers for sure!

I have some questions. How much did the long tubes get you? Did you test with and without cats? Have you gotten any 1/4 times?

Thanks!

#15 ·
Honestly I just went on a whim. Never had the urge to get on a dyno. Big Daddy offered a deal to my friend and I was bored. Id assume catless would flow better than catted but I cant give you any numbers to prove that scientifically. Im sorry. No no 1/4 times.

#16 ·
remme - another guy who used to be on this board had a very similar setup as yours with the long tubes, 85 mm tb, etc and he dyno'ed at 376/411 and ran mid-12s at almost 111. I just wanted to see if you had similar performance. If I could get those times, I could finally get the thought of an SRT out of my head, save a lot of money, and get on with my life :SM127:

Any loss of low end with the headers?

#17 ·
Nothing I could feel but I think these engines wake up in the higher rpms anyways. Ive never ran a 1/4 mile ever id prob be in the 15s ha

#18 ·
So you just bolt your cats to the ends of the long tubes, no problems with the computer with that setup huh? Can't have a code during smoging, right?

#19 ·
I get an o2 every now and again. I use the predator to clear it when I need to

#20 ·
That's pretty awesome. Also if you remove the intake and leave the throttle body, you're probably going to lose power (as you stated you did) because it's probably running lean, especially since you're tuned.

#21 ·
Is there a way to set the sensitivity for the cats so it doesn't throw a code? And would you say the larger throttle body helped a lot?
Thanks

#22 ·
i put 90* elbows on the o2 bungs and screwed the sensors into them. taking them further out of the exhaust stream helps some. Sometimes I get o2 codes, sometimes I dont. I dont think the predator has that capability but then again I am not an expert on it. I would assume the TB helped a little. I have a stock intake manifold though and i think i read that that is a big bottle neck in the 5.7 engines. If your looking I think a guy on another forum has a used 87mm tb for a good price.

#24 ·
I have no clue what any of that means...I went to a performance shop and paid for 3 runs. First time. I didnt ask any questions about certifications or anything. I could find out if that makes a difference.

#25 ·
SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) numbers are corrected for Barometric pressure, relative humidity, and air temps. The atmospheric conditions (and subsequently engine output) are "corrected" to a standard value set by SAE using those environmental parameters in an attempt to factor out atmospheric conditions when comparing engine output.

#26 ·
Wow...well now I know ha thanks for the explanation. I can call the shop and ask because I seriously have no idea

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.