2010 Convertible SRT8 Challenger on Ebay - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 06:20 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2010 Convertible SRT8 Challenger on Ebay

Hi All,
There is a 2010 Convertible SRT8 Challenger on Ebay and I have a 2012 SRT8 and made them an offer several times and they wont even respond.
It is the style that removes the back side window that most Challenger lovers don't like as well.
Does anyone on here know of another Convertible Challenger for sale.
I thought trading even up was a great starting offer.
What do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 07:46 AM

Much rather have your 2012 over a 2010.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Meyer View Post
Much rather have your 2012 over a 2010.
Even thought the 2010 is a convertible?
#4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM

Thanked 1,108 Times in 663 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would avoid ANY convertible that isn't a DropTopCustom like the plague.. I know which one you are talking about and where's the Puke Icon!

Brett DiMichele

2011 Toxic Orange

2015 SRT Hellcat on order with Bob Frederick (Billet Silver, Sepia Languna)

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
#5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,450 Times in 911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8FAST View Post
Hi All,
There is a 2010 Convertible SRT8 Challenger on Ebay and I have a 2012 SRT8 and made them an offer several times and they wont even respond.
It is the style that removes the back side window that most Challenger lovers don't like as well.
Does anyone on here know of another Convertible Challenger for sale.
I thought trading even up was a great starting offer.
What do you all think?
They want to gain cash and sell the car, why would you think they want another car?

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is
impossible- but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.

#6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 AM

A convertible is nice, a Challenger is really nice, but a convertible Challenger...???
Reason 1 to do it; if you have money, already have a sweet Challenger SRT and maybe a Viper in the garage, then why not? Reason 2 to get it, because it is really what YOU want. Never will I fault a guy for getting what he wants.
This one is done by Newport and they had one at SEMA in 2008. So been at it a while and do beef the car up to make up for loss rigidity. They are well known for conversions. Do many high end cars.
Dodge Challenger Convertible | Newport Specialty Cars now damn that red one looks good

2008 Brilliant Black Challenger SRT8
1970 Green Go Dodge Dart 360 mild build
#7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket 2012 View Post
They want to gain cash and sell the car, why would you think they want another car?
Because I think they are upside down in that car and will not get what they need out of it and my car maybe a way to recover some investment. Plus I want the car!
#8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Columbiana Dodge in Columbiana, OH has a 2012 Yellow Jacket Convertible.......It is Brand New........

I believe it is a Drop Top Custom
#9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 02:50 PM

Thanked 1,108 Times in 663 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There are two companies converting Challengers into Ragtops. I beg you to take your time doing the research...

Newport Convertible Engineering

Drop Top Customs

Google both and look at the cars.. TRY (yes I said TRY) to find a 3/4 rear shot of an NCE Convertible Challenger.... There aren't any photos... Why? Because it's a terrible conversion IMHO.. Now understand I am not speaking about the Company NCE or the quality of the materials I am speaking PURELY aesthetics..

Now google Drop Top Customs Convertible Challenger... See how there are lots of angles from all around the car? That is what an "OEM" Convertible Challenger would look like, yes with real, functional side glass.

Just my $0.02 and take it for what it's worth, but to me, the job NCE does converting a Challenger to a Ragtop just ruins the car... Maybe if you never put the top up, it's fine.

Last edited by Toxic11; 04-02-2013 at 02:51 PM.
#10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

I agree and follow what Toxic11 is telling you. He isn't steering you wrong. If you want a convertible go for the Yellow Jacket previously mentioned in a post or have yours done.

I own 2009 and 2010 Challenger SRTs ... there's nothing wrong with them in my book, believe me, but your year car does have improvements over the earlier ones like mine. You can tighten up the 2008-10 suspensions for approximately a grand to handle just as good as the later models, plus the 6.1 Hemi is mod friendlier than the 392 Hemi.

Currently, although cool as a ragtop Challenger is, the money invested doesn't equal it when traded in or selling at this time. Maybe in the future, it will be looked at differently.

You could loose 16 grand to the whole investment if your not satisfied and want to sell it at the present time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode