Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2010 status update

41K views 450 replies 68 participants last post by  Charliepfe 
#1 ·
Has anyone with a 2010 order called customer service to see what their order status is? My 2009 order went from BX to ZA in July. I contacted my dealer and he told me my order has been changed to a 2010 (same price) with the same VON and with a BX status. When I call customer service they say they can't find the order on the system. I was just wondering what customer service is tell other people with 2010 orders.

See less See more
#2 ·
When I called customer service with my VON, they advised me my 2009 Challenger was in ZA status. I advised them my order had been rolled over into a 2010 model. After a few minutes, the customer service rep confirmed this but said the 2010 had no status. Last week at the dealership, I was advised my 2010 order was in C status with a VIN number. I will be checking back with the dealer tomorrow.

#3 ·
Mine rolled from 2009 into a 2010. Prior to this my dealer was closed.
It took muliple phone calls and constant pesting Chrysler to get it scheduled.
Almost six months since order date and the car is in BG status.
Yep I'm moving right along at breakneck speed.
Anybody checking out the new Camaro?

#12 ·
I called customer service again. I explained to the rep. that my 2009 order was cancelled and changed to a 2010 order before giving him my VON. He thanked me for the information, saying that's very important for him to know. With a few minutes of him screwing around he finally found my order saying it's a good order and it's in the system but it's still BX status. I was hoping for a VIN with a D1 status. Anyways, at least it's in the system.

#7 ·
My dealer tells me my 09 was rolled to a 10 with the same VON. They told me today that I'll get the car in mid Sep or Oct. Not sure I really believe that...

#8 ·
That's my situation too - About 3 weeks ago I called my dealer, who told me my 2009 order (Blue SE-G, ordered Feb 2) had been canceled (it made it to D status right before BK shut down) and had now been converted to a 2010. At that time he said I was in BX status, and last time I checked with him, which was a week ago, I was still in BX. He also told me that he's got one guy ahead of me in his Challenger "que", and that guy has an SRT on order and is already in D status. I have a feeling they are building the SRT's first, I have yet to see anyone on this forum with a 2010 SE that is past BX or BG status...

Not sure what the deal is with the VON though - I called "India" a couple days ago to get my order status, and they couldn't find me when I gave them my original VON, they just referred me to my dealer for more info. Maybe a new VON has been issued for the new 2010 order? I'll know next time I talk to my dealer.

It's good to know (but unfortunate) that some other people are in the same 2009-->2010 boat. Maybe this can be a running thread for those of us in this situation, so we can share news and updates.

NKNetUSA

#16 ·
My 2010 Classic is in D1 status, so yes, the plant is starting to "sequence" the build of the 2010's. I have an estimated ship date of Aug 25th, per the dealer's system. I hope that is the build date or close to it!

#10 ·
Does anyone have the phone number for chrysler, I had it when I ordered my first one and I have a B5 on order.

#11 ·
1-800-992-1997

Just in case you forgot, ask for something else, enter your phone number and then you'll be transfer to a customer service rep. Say you want the status of your order. Have your VON or VIN handy, they'll ask for it. Let me know what the out come is.

Cheers!!

#13 ·
This whole situation is very confusing. A co-worker of mine loves my car so much he decided to order a SE for 2010. He went to 3 different local dealers and 2 out of 3 said they can NOT order any 2010's because Chrysler had not switched over to the 2010 ordering process. They obviously can't get 09's either. The one dealer who said "let's hope for the best" told him they can't guarantee it to be built. What is going on? i see so many people with conflicting stories about status updates and whatnot but no real success.

In my honest opinion, I don't think we are going to see a 2010 line up from Dodge until Chrysler/ Fiat are completely changed over into the new company. According to the deal the government allowed, they must make more fuel efficient vehicles. I can't see why a company, who just took over a low numbers selling company, would even be interested in marketing and producing vehicles that are not good sellers.

Take a look at the Mustang and the Camaro..they are blowing the Challenger out the water in sales. Sure they (Chrysler) closed the plant so there was no product but regardless...they were not producing huge numbers of these cars to begin with.

At this point everything I hear and see are pure speculation until an official announcement is made by Fiat.

#18 ·
The dealers around your friend are clueless or don't have any allocation. The 2010's are being scheduled now and will start being built Aug 17th at the latest. We have actually seen on here from some plant workers that they may even start next week building the 2010's!!!!

#20 ·
VINWIN works for my 2010 Challenger now! It is at D1 status. First time I have seen my ordered car on VINWIN! YAY!!!!

#15 ·
I just got back from my dealer. She has 2 B5 classics that she ordered on 7/2 and they both at D status. She 3 or 4 SE with a status of BX. So it sounds like they are building SRTs and RTs first.

#17 ·
I haven't checked in a week or 2. My order went from an 09 to a 2010. same VON. I called Chysler, they couldnt find it, the dealer checked, and it was good to go. My salesman is on vaca now. I figure when I get it I get it.

#23 ·
Hmmm- If it is your VON then it should show as a sold order. Did you ever get a printout from the dealer with your name and the VON on it? The dealer may have ordered for their own stock or ??? I think if the dealer updates it to your name sometime, I don't know when it has to be done, then your name will be on the window sticker. You might want to find out. Good luck!

#26 ·
Nice to see that VinWIN is working for the 2010.. but I was shocked to see it list my soon to be born R/T with the following color:

Color: Hemi Orange Pearl :icon_confused:

A call to CS and they confirmed that it is a DWB R/T with a bunch of options. Can't wait for 9/1 to get here so I may go and claim my prize! :woot:

#29 ·
I hope VINWIN works for you now or soon. It is fun to watch but does have a little time lag. For example I just found out today that my estimated ship date changed from Aug 26th to Aug 22! Eeeks! Good news and bad news. I now have to sell my old car and I was supposed to go out of town Aug 23 thru Aug 26. Our wait is almost over, it seems.

#30 ·
They should know what the status is!!! BTW, it looks like my car got a VIN when it was at C status. The 2009 one I ordered didnt get a VIN until D. C and D are about the same thing anyway. D1 and later is much much better! Your dealer can find out from their computer real easily. I have told my salesman I will buy him dinner if he prints out and keeps for me the POC's showing status. He just gave me the contents of "my" file folder today.

#34 ·
My dealer told me today that my RT went to D1 status so I'm hoping that they will start making them soon. When I placed my order I was told I should get it around the end of August. It doesn't look likes that is going to happen but I hope I can get it in Sept.

Luckily he called though because I was getting impatient and I was going to just go out and buy one. Many of the dealers around the Chicagoland area have been getting in their shipments of the last of the '09's just this past week but have been going quickly. I would have just gone to buy one but I got such a good deal on my order that I don't want to pay more money which could go towards my new wheels and tires. Oh well I'll just have to wait

#36 ·
My status has changed to D!! I finally have a VIN number!!!! I've been waiting for this day to come for a very long time. Unfortunately when I check VinWIN I get this message

Chrysler's Server is Broken. Cannot obtain data - try VinWIN later. Sorry! (VV Error)

Note from Venthos: In early '09, Chrysler performed an "upgrade" to VinVision. This is the resource that VinWIN utilizes to obtain car data. After that update, many VINs ceased to pull results and displayed an error at VinVision. At this point, some VINs work and others do not. I am unsure of an pattern to which VINs work and do not work. Were the VINs that do not work intentionally disabled from VinVision lookups to block this tool? Possibly. No one knows for sure.

You can try this tool again later, but chances are if you are seeing this message your VIN is "busted" and will never function. Sorry!

I hope that the only reason I'm getting this message is because my status is D not D1. Has anyone else got this error?

Cheers!!

#38 ·
My car didn't work until "I" status so I'm not surprised.

My status has changed to D!! I finally have a VIN number!!!! I've been waiting for this day to come for a very long time. Unfortunately when I check VinWIN I get this message

Chrysler's Server is Broken. Cannot obtain data - try VinWIN later. Sorry! (VV Error)

Note from Venthos: In early '09, Chrysler performed an "upgrade" to VinVision. This is the resource that VinWIN utilizes to obtain car data. After that update, many VINs ceased to pull results and displayed an error at VinVision. At this point, some VINs work and others do not. I am unsure of an pattern to which VINs work and do not work. Were the VINs that do not work intentionally disabled from VinVision lookups to block this tool? Possibly. No one knows for sure.

You can try this tool again later, but chances are if you are seeing this message your VIN is "busted" and will never function. Sorry!

I hope that the only reason I'm getting this message is because my status is D not D1. Has anyone else got this error?

Cheers!!

#39 · (Edited)
I just talked to my dealer and found out my 2009>2010 converted SE entered "D" status on August 4. Progress, at last. He still couldn't tell me if they would honor the incentives (EPP/0%/$1000), but he told me about another customer who ordered a minivan with EP back in March - the vehicle (a 2009) just arrived a couple days ago, and when the dealer talked to Chrysler to get the scoop on which of the original incentives they would honor for him, they said "none." On the flip side, the customer did qualify for what they were offering now, which apparently amounted to about the same $ amount.

Not like that helps us with the Challenger, with zero current incentives.

NKNetUSA

#42 ·
As I understand it/been told if your original order is still in effect, then the EP is still in effect. However, we are not sure about the 0% financing and $1,000 rebate if that was tied into Chrysler Financial. I will find out in about 3 weeks when my car comes in.

#41 · (Edited)
It depends if your VON, the original order stayed alive or if you and your dealer cancelled it and you signed a new order. It also depends if you ordered late in July. It seems Chrysler is trying to build the 2010s for the customers with 2009 orders that rolled forward plus the people who ordered 2010's in June and early July. I think you get the VIN when your car hits D status. Mine was assigned when it hit C status for the 2010 car because it was a rollover from 2009 but I didn't get a VIN til D status on my original 2009 order.

Oops just saw you said you ordered in June. The 2009 order cut off was in late April 2009, as I remember it, so you could not have officially ordered a 2009 then. It really should've been a 2010 order originally. A lot of the dealers weren't sure what was happening due to the B/K!

#44 ·
I would be shocked if 2010 Challengers were delivered with the EPP pricing/0%/$1000 cash back deals simply because of the bankruptcy which wipes out EVERY "deal" done prior to the reorg.

If they can close 789 franchised dealers with no recourse whatsoever, you bet they can "cancel" your "deal".

Also, note on your car's order form that the pricing is NOT final until the car is delivered. Good luck to you guys!

#49 ·
B/K did not void sales contracts, it was not a full B/K, only those things that Chrysler did not want to move to the New company like a lot of dealership agreements. In fact they paid various suppliers money they were owed from before B/K. So be shocked!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.