Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2010 status update

41K views 450 replies 68 participants last post by  Charliepfe 
#1 ·
Has anyone with a 2010 order called customer service to see what their order status is? My 2009 order went from BX to ZA in July. I contacted my dealer and he told me my order has been changed to a 2010 (same price) with the same VON and with a BX status. When I call customer service they say they can't find the order on the system. I was just wondering what customer service is tell other people with 2010 orders.

See less See more
#91 ·
Mine hit KZ at 8:30pm or so on Aug 24th. Cant wait to check my window sticker, or maybe I can? LOL

#92 ·
Air out of my Balloon

I ordered my B5 SRT Saturday, dealer had allocation, labeled pri 1-sold order, and got a von. Called CCS today to check status and they can't find the von in the system. Is this normal? CCS said maybe its because I ordered it on a weekend and it hasn't hit yet. I've got a call into the dealer, but maybe someone on the forum can put my mind to rest. :brickwall:

#94 ·
I ordered my B5 SRT Saturday, dealer had allocation, labeled pri 1-sold order, and got a von. Called CCS today to check status and they can't find the von in the system. Is this normal? CCS said maybe its because I ordered it on a weekend and it hasn't hit yet. I've got a call into the dealer, but maybe someone on the forum can put my mind to rest. :brickwall:
the dealer didnt order it yet,you can only order cars on certain days!no bs!

#93 ·
Ordered mine 08/13/09. It's at D1 status right now, VinWIN says it'll be delivered to the dealership next Thursday! Pumped!

#96 ·
My order is still in I status and has been for 3 working days (five calendar), missing two scheduled ship dates. I can only express puzzlement which borders on irritation and disappointment. I infer from the lingering I status there was a cosmetic flaw or mechanical malfunction. Now if only there could be some sort of shipping error, the trifecta of BS delays will be complete.

#102 ·
For those still waiting to see how 2009 incentives will carry over on your converted 2010s, I spoke to Chrysler a few days ago (Incentives hotline) and was told that they had made the decision on what incentives to offer customers in my situation, but they couldn't tell me, the customer, directly - rather, they called the dealer up same day to inform the dealer of the incentives. My understanding is that this is to allow the dealer freedom to pass all, part, or none of the incentives on to the customer, as they wish. Anyway, they did strongly hint to me that I would be eligible for all 3 - EPP, 0%, and $1000 cashback (provided dealer decided to honor it on my end).

So, I called the dealer and he confirmed this - however I am curious whether anyone else has gotten the story the dealer then told me. My dealer told me they were concerned about whether Chrysler would actually pay these incentives to them in a timely manner. The dealer was saying they could not have a scenario where I drive off with the car, and 3-4 months later the dealer is still haggling with Chrysler to get them to honor everything because of paperwork issues and what-not. Dealer says this kind of thing is typical with Chrysler. Long story short, dealer says his ability to offer me the full incentives depends on his feel for whether Chrysler will process them to him smoothly.

Sound like a genuine concern to you guys or is he just softly laying the groundwork for denying me the incentives once the car arrives?

NKNetUSA

#103 ·
For those still waiting to see how 2009 incentives will carry over on your converted 2010s, I spoke to Chrysler a few days ago (Incentives hotline) and was told that they had made the decision on what incentives to offer customers in my situation, but they couldn't tell me, the customer, directly - rather, they called the dealer up same day to inform the dealer of the incentives. My understanding is that this is to allow the dealer freedom to pass all, part, or none of the incentives on to the customer, as they wish. Anyway, they did strongly hint to me that I would be eligible for all 3 - EPP, 0%, and $1000 cashback (provided dealer decided to honor it on my end).

So, I called the dealer and he confirmed this - however I am curious whether anyone else has gotten the story the dealer then told me. My dealer told me they were concerned about whether Chrysler would actually pay these incentives to them in a timely manner. The dealer was saying they could not have a scenario where I drive off with the car, and 3-4 months later the dealer is still haggling with Chrysler to get them to honor everything because of paperwork issues and what-not. Dealer says this kind of thing is typical with Chrysler. Long story short, dealer says his ability to offer me the full incentives depends on his feel for whether Chrysler will process them to him smoothly.

Sound like a genuine concern to you guys or is he just softly laying the groundwork for denying me the incentives once the car arrives?

NKNetUSA
Not sure what to make of from most of what you posted but it DOES sound like the Dealer will get reimbursed if they honor the original EPP deal. Very strange...."we made the decision on what incentives to offer customers in my situation, but they couldn't tell me, the customer, directly - rather, they called the dealer up same day to inform the dealer of the incentives" WTF?

I think we need a thread of Dealers that honored the original EPP on rolled over 2010s and those that didn't. A few forum members have stated that their Dealer's are honoring their original deals but I don't believe anyone has received a 2010 to verify this 100%.

#107 · (Edited)
Yay, I got a VIN. I visited the dealer this morning. My order was placed on 8/13. Shows as status D but vinwin doesn't work. Maybe later when it gets to D1 but I'm not sure how long that takes. It's got a priority 1 and a special option code of 4H4 'Special Scheduling Condition VII'. Elsewhere on the printout is says build priority 01. My purchase is part of a buy-back of my current diesel truck and the guy handling the transaction said he had a way of putting these deals up at the front of the line. Maybe he was right.

Package 28M is the RT Classic, right? Also it's listed as 2010 LCDP22 Challenger RT. Listed under special equipment is 99551A. I wonder what that means.

Just by chance there was a delivery truck unloading new cars, including a red RT Classic. I waited around and watched the guy as he got it off the top level of the truck. Looked to me like you'd want to be on the top level if you had a choice (not that the owner has any say) because the process involves unstrapping chains, etc and it looks like it would be pretty easy to have something slip and dent the roof of the car on the lower level. Also the front most position looks bad. That's where the RT/C was parked and it had about a half inch coating of bugs because it was parked up front.

#109 ·
2010 Challenger now on Back order

I ordered a 2010 at the begining of July and have a Von#. I just called them and it's been placed on back order. I am assuming this is due to the new law suit that Chrysler is suing Daimler for parts as the Challenger production is affected by this.

Just a question anyone order about the same time and got moved past back order stage for a 2010?

If this law suit is not settled quickly it could be a long wait for a new Challenger.

#111 ·
I ordered a 2010 at the begining of July and have a Von#. I just called them and it's been placed on back order. I am assuming this is due to the new law suit that Chrysler is suing Daimler for parts as the Challenger production is affected by this.

Just a question anyone order about the same time and got moved past back order stage for a 2010?

If this law suit is not settled quickly it could be a long wait for a new Challenger.

I don't know about that. I ordered mine August 4th and have a vin# and went to D1 today and a scheduled delivery date of September 24th. I don't know why yours in on back order, but I would ask..

#110 ·
I've got an estimated ship date of 8/31 as well, priority code 01, went to D1 on Monday morning. VinWIN says it will be delivered to my dearship next Thursday but I really don't see that happening at this point, based on what I've read above. I bought her a Mopar CAI as a welcome home present :)

#114 ·
I did order a black classic automatic fully loaded. I guess it could be a parts issue just find it strange lots of orders seems to be getting filled yet mine shows no progress.

If you phone Chrysler customer care line will they put in an inquiry to find out why there is a delay?

I guess the key for me is I know winter is coming and it will be sitting in the garage till spring anyways but if the US is getting the 2010 I might as well just fly down there buy one and bring it back home instead of waiting 7 months for one.

#122 ·
I liked to bite my fingernails off up to my elbows waiting for my 06 Charger SRT. :brickwall:
I did all the phone calling and status checking and bugging the dealer :stickpoke: and all that.
I felt everything from happy-to-wait :) to anger :icon_redface: and thoughts of cancelling and buying something off the lot. :icon_confused:
I think it took 8 months. :mofo:
Then the phone ran one day and it was here. :program:
All the anxiety evaporated instantly and was replaced by sheer joy. :facelick:
Like having your first child - a son with a full head of hair and hung like a draft horse. :woot:

#123 ·
My DWB 2010 Chally has been sitting in D for over 2 weeks. No movement, VINWIN doesn't work, parts may not be avail from Daimler, etc., etc. I tried to get mad and frustrated. It didn't work. I am just too excited about getting one someday.

#127 ·
Finally some movement

Yahoo! Winvin updated today and my car has been built! I am in JB now. Should be home in about three weeks! A bit quicker then I expected, but I am not complaining. I'm getting excited.:woot:

#128 ·
The wait is almost over!! My Challenger arrived at the dealers today and is ready for pick up!!! Who knew the summer car I had ordered would turn into my fall car. Good luck the rest of you who are waiting as patiently as I did!!!

Cheers!!!

#129 ·
I ordered my 2010 DWB 6 speed and paid deposit July 13. Dealer posts order on 7/20. Get VIN and 'D' status 8/18. As of today 'D' status. others ordered afterward are built and on delivery per this board. other 2010's made as 'lot' cars and not paid orders are apparently on lots. I still hold my head high because 'the meek shall inherit the earth'. HOWEVER, when I drove home tonight from work and there was a new Mustang AND a new Camaro at two pumps I SOOOOOOOO BADLY wanted to drive in with a Challenger.....I decided the 98 Accord with the clear coat peeling and minor front end damage from a hit and run would not put me in good stead.

So I tightened my sphincter with resolve and determination and logged on to this chat so I could at least SEE pictures of Challengers. I am currently chanting 'Allah hu akhbar' over and over again. If I cannot get a Chally, I at least want a good number of virgins.

Shortbus:ugh2:

#132 ·
Not true. I ordered July 29th and it's now in JB status. I think it depends on the model and options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.