Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2010 status update

41K views 450 replies 68 participants last post by  Charliepfe 
#1 ·
Has anyone with a 2010 order called customer service to see what their order status is? My 2009 order went from BX to ZA in July. I contacted my dealer and he told me my order has been changed to a 2010 (same price) with the same VON and with a BX status. When I call customer service they say they can't find the order on the system. I was just wondering what customer service is tell other people with 2010 orders.

See less See more
#133 ·
Just saw a few truckloads of them go over the Ambassador Bridge from Windsor over to Detroit... I'm sure this information is of no use, but they're getting shipped slowly but surely!

#134 ·
Looks like there are some production delays according to wheels.com here: https://www.wheels.com/fleet/reference/assembly/html/assembly_lines.asp

Model Est. Lead Time in Weeks Key Production Holds or Lead Times Challenger 8 - 10 Availability is limited.
Challenger orders must be pre-approved before placing the order.
Detonator Yellow Clear Coat (PYB) is on hold until 11/16/09.
MOPAR Exterior Appearance Group (ALB) is on hold until 09/28/09.

#135 ·
Looks like there are some production delays according to wheels.com here: https://www.wheels.com/fleet/reference/assembly/html/assembly_lines.asp

Model Est. Lead Time in Weeks Key Production Holds or Lead Times Challenger 8 - 10 Availability is limited.
Challenger orders must be pre-approved before placing the order.
Detonator Yellow Clear Coat (PYB) is on hold until 11/16/09.
MOPAR Exterior Appearance Group (ALB) is on hold until 09/28/09.
That is for fleet orders, correct?

Not a big deal, but I notice they still call Chrysler DaimlerChrysler.

#138 ·
Order placed Aug 13th, D1 Aug 24th, new expected ship date of Sept 10th

#139 ·
My chanting has worked. Went to VINWIN this morning to get my usual error message before work and it actually produced a response! Went D1 this morning with expected delivery of 9/30.:woot:

#140 ·
More movement

Looks like she got stripes today. Hopefully it will be on the train tomorrow. :)

And yes, I would think dealer allocation is a big thing. I was originally at a smaller less reputable dealer before going to a larger dealer to do the factory order.

#142 ·
Status

Dunno, I assume it hs to do with loading it on a railcar tomorrow. Advance notice for the carrier and holding a place on the train? I just hope it doesn't mean it's waiting or delayed.

#144 ·
Mine finally made it onto a railcar after sitting in the yard for a couple of days... Now VinWin projection shows 5 days from unloading from the train to the dealer. Before it only showed one day.... My car must have missed an earlier train... The logistics of scheduling the shipping of these cars by train and truck must be staggering!

#147 ·
My 2010 Classic is at the Dealer!

I stopped by the dealer this am since VINWIN and Cassens Transport both said it was on a truck since Monday am and I knew it would be here soon. And sure enough it was delivered at 7:30 am today along with 2 other Challengers and other cars. Looks beautiful!:rofl:

#152 ·
Mike-
No not yet. It is at the dealer's since yesterday am. They are trying to get something in writing from CF or GMAC for the $1,000 and 0% financing. The EP is okay and ready to go. Chrysler told them that the $1,000 and 0% is still in effect for me but the lenders, CF and GMAC haven't committed to tit yet???? This car was the easiest to buy for me, but the longest wait and most time consuming after the original order. Not even close to any other car I have ordered, and I have done a few from a few different car cos!

#150 ·
i placed my order with my cousin which works at a dodge dealership back in mid july when he received the go ahead to order 5 2010 challengers for their dealership. he called me up and said i could have one of the five slots to order my car. so they had already placed the order on the other 4 and i went down and told them exactly what i wanted and i was the fifth spot. well about the first or second week of august i called him and he said that out of their 5 orders placed my car was the only one chrysler approved to be made. now the reason we think is that my name was attached to the fifth car as being made for and sold to. so we think that they put it out on the line first before the other stock cars to be made. now the car is in transit and should be here on friday the 11 of sep.

#151 ·
Posted this in another thread but it's valid here as well...

Ordered August 13th, 2009
D1 August 24th, 2009
Built September 9th, 2009
Estimated Delivery to Dealership September 13th, 2009 (I live near Brampton)

I feel bad for you guys that have waited so long to get yours :( I feel like I haven't 'paid my dues' yet...

#158 ·
Posted this in another thread but it's valid here as well...

Ordered August 13th, 2009
D1 August 24th, 2009
Built September 9th, 2009
Estimated Delivery to Dealership September 13th, 2009 (I live near Brampton)

I feel bad for you guys that have waited so long to get yours :( I feel like I haven't 'paid my dues' yet...
Congrats Prestan. I ordered my R/T Apr. 20/09 and have been stuck in D for so long that I was just about to give up and when I checked VINWIN today, expecting the usual error note, my heart rate jumped as it said that mine was built today and will be at the dealer 09/27/09!! I'm in Whitby so maybe it may come sooner, who knows. Have fun with yours!

#153 ·
My 2010 Classic is Coming Home!

I found out today that I get to pick up my Classic, tomorrow afternoon! Yay! Look forward to working those 6 gears and get the engine used to me!

#154 ·
Wtf!

I checked Winvin today and it looks like its back at Ground Effects a week after the first time it was there. WTF??!!!!

#159 ·
staged for delevery today, spoke to my dealer and he recieved the invoice today also, told me it will be at the dealership in a week once they get the invoice usually.

#160 ·
Major update

WOO HOO! KZ!! Hit KZ about half an hour ago. Now I am getting excited. New projected date for delivery to the dealer is September 22.
:headbang2::rocker::canada:

#163 ·
My R/T arrived at the dealer last Friday (September 11); it was actually in a few days earlier than expected. I went to the dealer to have a look at her (I'll be taking her home this Thursday), and I was told that I was lucky - that my car was finished just before there was a stoppage of the assembly line because they were out of a part or parts for the steering column assembly. I don't have any other details.

Despite all the grime on her from the trip from the factory, Cylinderella still looked beautiful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.