Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2010 status update

41K views 450 replies 68 participants last post by  Charliepfe 
#1 ·
Has anyone with a 2010 order called customer service to see what their order status is? My 2009 order went from BX to ZA in July. I contacted my dealer and he told me my order has been changed to a 2010 (same price) with the same VON and with a BX status. When I call customer service they say they can't find the order on the system. I was just wondering what customer service is tell other people with 2010 orders.

See less See more
#207 ·
train a rollin

OOOOhhhhh. Now the train is in Cartier Ontario. 5.5 hours out of Agincourt. VinWIN upadating multiple times per day.

#208 ·
I got the scoop today on what the he$$ is going on. Chrysler told me that beings I ordered electronics group that they are doing them starting today and wants they start the build it takes a day and a half the complete it. So they told me it will change status any day now. So if anyone ordered electronics group and b5 you are in the same boat.

#209 ·
Hey Carl. I don't believe that unless maybe it's for the SRT8's? My B5 Classic with electronic package was built September 11th. KZ'd last night. In the other thread last night I put a link for my window sticker. Check it out.

#212 ·
This is off my window sticker:
Electronics Convenience Group $ 1,320
Instrument Cluster w/Display Screen
Keyless Go
Remote Start System (N/A with Manual
Transmission)
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with
Microphone
Security Alarm
Temperature and Compass Gauge
Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
Uconnect Phone with Voice Command
iPod Control
Universal Garage Door Opener​
Vehicle Information Center

Th

#214 ·
Carl, my B5 order was placed 8/13 and went to D1 9/14. I think that's the same as you. But my order was a plain RT/C with no electronic package - only options are B5 and a sunroof. Yet my order seems to be held up too, even without the electronics explanation they told you. I was told my order would receive scheduling priority 'moved to the front of the line' were the exact words, because my order is a buy back relacement for a Ram diesel pickup and buy back transactions are handled in a special way. Doesn't actually seem to be the case and I'm frustrated but still hopeful.

Down in the lower portion of the vinwin screen my car is shown in the future as being at another facility on 10/01 and at my dealer approx. 10/10. Those estimates have not changed at all since it went D1 on 9/14. Does your vinwin screen look the same?

#216 ·
almost home

She's just passed through Moosejaw Saskatchewan a few hours ago, 2/3 of the way home. Delivery to dealer keeps bouncing between October 5th and October 6th.

#217 ·
Dale, mine shows at facilty on 9/29 and at dealer on 10/6. The thing that gets me is my order was placed on Feb 24. In my business first one to order get it first. I mean how long do we have to wait. They screwed up my whole summer plus a couple of weddings and most important I wanted to take my sick father for a icecream with my car and never got the chance to he past away on Sept. 12 and that pi$$es me the F off the most. I sometimes sit and say chrysler can stick the car up there a$$.

#218 ·
I'm sorry your dad didn't get his ride in your new car.

My theory on the whole business of promises and scheduling is that the folks making the promises are acting in good faith but once it gets to the factory scheduling staff they sort of throw all prior commitments out the window and do whatever they want/need to get the cars built. In other words the sales guy didn't knowingly lie - it just got out of his hands. It probably doesn't help a scheduler that he has to factor in floating deadlines for temporary colors etc.

Of course there could be another explanation. There could be underhanded manipulation to benefit big dealers and regional executives. It's happened before. Remember Rick Hendrick's ban at Nascar? Honda execs were caught taking bribes to manipulate the vehicle allocation process. Actually I doubt that's whats going on. I don't think Chrysler is organized enough to pull off a conspiracy. It's probably just a cluster f after all the disruptions created during the bankruptcy.

#219 ·
The guy that I talk to is suppose to be the head of the challenger divison and so far everything he told me was true. I do believe him and trust him that I will get my car very soon. It just sucks that we have to go through all of the bu//$h1t to get it. If it wouldn't be for us they would be in the welfare line.

#221 ·
Just a heads up on what i seen at my dealership.

When i was there today Don Davis Chrysler in Arlington,TX had the following:

B5 Classic automatic-- has sunroof
Red Classic Automatic--has sunroof
Silver R/T 6 speed 18 inch wheels..listed for around 32

Black SRT8

I didn't think to look at the year models or all the options on these cars.

They are dealing on these cars.. good people who treated me good

#226 ·
Vinwin never showed when the build began, only that it has been built pending inspection. It turned out that the bottom part of the vinwin screen, marked 'future' was exactly right. Back on 9/14 it showed the car leaving the plant today and that seems like how it's going to turn out. I hope the rest of the 'future' section is right because it says it will arrive at the dealer here in Hot Springs, AR on the 9th.

Also hoping BB was able to sign it but I can tell he gets many requests so maybe not all can get the autograph.

#228 ·
Miine was listed on Vinwin as shipped on Sep 28th,called Chrysler Monday and they said it should be at the dealer in 30 days.The dealer got an up date saying it would be shipped on Oct 14th Vinwin says it's in Chicago:icon_evil:

hen I called chrysler they told me that my new ship date is oct. 5. I don't know what is going on but I just hope they put snow tires on it so I can drive it home.[/quote]

#230 ·
My Challenger is rolling through Bellevue OH now and will likely roll through Columbus about midnight on a track just a mile from my house on the way to KY.

#231 ·
Soooo close.

Well mine has reached it's final destination as far as train travel. VinWin says "Constructive Placement" at 3:10 pm yesterday. Not sure what the hell that means, but it should be taken off the train and moved by truck to the dealer very soon. VinWin says delivery to the dealer is October 6th, but sometimes it says October 5th.
Just in time for crappy weather, WOO HOO. We had a gorgeous sunny day last weekend, but I think those days are past us now. Too bad.
Almost time to celebrate.:guiness:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.